[2.6] zSavage's Beefy Meatballer (dual BLS molten strike Berserker) - EO, MoM, VP, PB, Acro

Updated with stats, tree, and gear at level 92.

I'm planning on making a brief video sometime in the future, stay tuned! :)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
18% STR is better than +60 flat with the amount of flat I have from the tree and other sources.

Swapping out my second sprinkler makes us lose half of our DPS (the 2-4 fire damage per 10 STR from each mace stacks). I have about 1200 STR atm, which means that each mace gives me 360 average fire damage to hit base, for a total of 720. With the shield and only 1 mace I would have only 360 + 24 = 384 which is barely half.

Double dipping ignite is only effective when you are doing slow, large hits. Smaller fast hits are not very effective at double dipping as ignite doesn't stack.

If you swap out your shield for another sprinkler you will almost double your DPS.

Similarly you would have a DPS increase swapping out Lioneye's for Aberron's Warpath if you have enough flat STR.

For reference, my molten strike tooltip DPS is 67k in hideout (not including balls), and goes to over 150k with typical mapping buffs (blood rage, frenzy charges, EO, a silver flask).

I have more life and a lot more dps than you, mine was just a tip. feel free to build as you like

your damage wont even be close to a molten strike setup.

warchiefs dont create balls which guess what is where 90% of the damage comes from.

your essentially comparing your main dps against a basic attack not his actual skills dps.

his basic attack part of molten strike hits for the tooltip it doesnt show the ball damage at all.
take into all the balls and being able to make them all hit 1 target and bye bye 99% of bosses.

tbh if anything using warchief as main focus is a waste you would be better off with a Oro's warchief setup.
Dumpstered Minotaur and Chimera on my first attempts tonight (both corrupted maps):

Updating description with a few important details.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
i think that melee splash doesnt work with molten strike

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Melee_Splash_Support
"
Freya98 wrote:

You are incorrect.

Molten Strike is actually a single target melee skill, even though it has the AoE tag. The AoE tag refers to the AoE of the molten balls (the initial hit has no AoE whatsoever). Using Melee Splash allows us kill packs before the first wave of balls lands, enhancing our clearspeed.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
Freya98 wrote:

You are incorrect.

Molten Strike is actually a single target melee skill, even though it has the AoE tag. The AoE tag refers to the AoE of the molten balls (the initial hit has no AoE whatsoever). Using Melee Splash allows us kill packs before the first wave of balls lands, enhancing our clearspeed.

ok ty for the explanation. i hope this is really correct, but i guess u have tested it already. so thumbs up!
what are the bandits for the build guessing oak/ maybe kraiten or point/ point
"
Fhark wrote:
what are the bandits for the build guessing oak/ maybe kraiten or point/ point

Oak, Kraityn, point (40 life, 8% attack speed, passive point)
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Thanks for posting this build! I have been looking for a fun and rewarding Melee build in 2.6 and I am really excited to try it out.
Note: I thought of some more optimizations today at work (namely skill setups and the like, will be testing and changing recommendations if successful.
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info