[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

"
ExiledPoe wrote:

Now that brings up a question relevant to FB.

Does one handed melee multi apply to both the melee part of the attack and the projectile part?

From p49. In response to your initial question about ST:

"
Invalesco wrote:
in the case of frost blades for instance, incr. crit multiplier with one handed melee weapons will work for both the melee as well as the projectile component of the attack, whereas incr. melee critical strike multiplier will only work with the melee component.
Last edited by waslo on May 9, 2017, 11:49:55 PM
"
"
ExiledPoe wrote:

Now that brings up a question relevant to FB.

Does one handed melee multi apply to both the melee part of the attack and the projectile part?

From p49. In response to your initial question about ST:

"
Invalesco wrote:
in the case of frost blades for instance, incr. crit multiplier with one handed melee weapons will work for both the melee as well as the projectile component of the attack, whereas incr. melee critical strike multiplier will only work with the melee component.

I'm a dumbass. Thank you again.
hello! been following this build in LSC and almost lvl 80 now. I am currently experiencing a bit of frustration as I am dying so easily to map bosses (strand) and i have yet to be able to complete a breach within any of my maps because I am getting one shot/generally feeling very defeated when it comes to taking on content.

would anyone be able to look at my gear and provide some feedback? I have not jumped to full CI yet because I do not have any stun immunity items at the moment. i have about 9 respec points banked up waiting to go and plan to do cruel lab soon to go into my next ascendancy keystone. i am hovering around 3.5k ES, 3.5k HP right now before i jump to CI. my tooltip with hatred/golem/ash and no flasks/charges is only about 20k

this is my first character this league, rocking a solid 10c or so total in savings despite being 80 and running maps as much as i can. feel like im making 0 currency and need multiple exalts to push the build further along and it feelsbadman. any ideas? i know my belt/rings/neck are kind of trash but it is so expensive to get decent upgrades for them..

i believe you can view my tree easily ? I haven't played since back in invasion so not sure how this public profile thing works for skill trees. I have a lot of regrets to spend to pull out of life and hopefully move into more damage/CI nodes, but even that is going to eat almost all of my currency right now.

Last edited by poppawheelie on May 10, 2017, 10:25:42 AM
"
poppawheelie wrote:
Spoiler
hello! been following this build in LSC and almost lvl 80 now. I am currently experiencing a bit of frustration as I am dying so easily to map bosses (strand) and i have yet to be able to complete a breach within any of my maps because I am getting one shot/generally feeling very defeated when it comes to taking on content.

would anyone be able to look at my gear and provide some feedback? I have not jumped to full CI yet because I do not have any stun immunity items at the moment. i have about 9 respec points banked up waiting to go and plan to do cruel lab soon to go into my next ascendancy keystone. i am hovering around 3.5k ES, 3.5k HP right now before i jump to CI. my tooltip with hatred/golem/ash and no flasks/charges is only about 20k

this is my first character this league, rocking a solid 10c or so total in savings despite being 80 and running maps as much as i can. feel like im making 0 currency and need multiple exalts to push the build further along and it feelsbadman. any ideas? i know my belt/rings/neck are kind of trash but it is so expensive to get decent upgrades for them..

i believe you can view my tree easily ? I haven't played since back in invasion so not sure how this public profile thing works for skill trees. I have a lot of regrets to spend to pull out of life and hopefully move into more damage/CI nodes, but even that is going to eat almost all of my currency right now.

You haven't taken the claw damage cluster. You also have very little life leech, which is the main defensive mechanic of this build (LL + high EHP).
Once you switch to CI you can use offensive flasks. Stun avoidance can be done with 80% stun avoidance enchantments, or with a Valyrium, or with a Kiara's.
You have no int or acc on your gear so your chance to hit is likely not fantastic. Your gems aren't levelled or qualitied yet. You should upgrade to a 300+ pdps claw, with at least crafted crit. Obviously, the more you spend, the better claw you can get - this is probably the most expensive part of the build. Your rings are really bad, since they're better life rings than they are CI rings - you want Steel with added phys, and if those aren't available, at the very least, a ring with elemental weapon damage.
Use Shield Charge instead of Whirling Blades, easier to proc fortify.

The build's not that cheap, but should be doable if you're willing to sink currency into it.
"
"
poppawheelie wrote:
Spoiler

You haven't taken the claw damage cluster. You also have very little life leech, which is the main defensive mechanic of this build (LL + high EHP).
Once you switch to CI you can use offensive flasks. Stun avoidance can be done with 80% stun avoidance enchantments, or with a Valyrium, or with a Kiara's.
You have no int or acc on your gear so your chance to hit is likely not fantastic. Your gems aren't levelled or qualitied yet. You should upgrade to a 300+ pdps claw, with at least crafted crit. Obviously, the more you spend, the better claw you can get - this is probably the most expensive part of the build. Your rings are really bad, since they're better life rings than they are CI rings - you want Steel with added phys, and if those aren't available, at the very least, a ring with elemental weapon damage.

The build's not that cheap, but should be doable if you're willing to sink currency into it.

i am definitely willing, just having a hard time gathering it. would you say that the best thing for me to spend currency on right now is respec'ing into full CI and dropping all my added clusters? I think if i did that the damage boost i get from claw cluster and other areas will be a much bigger boost then the 20c i could spend on gear instead of regrets.

Believe me, i want nicer gear ! just having a super hard time finding it and being able to afford what I do find. I dont remember ever getting to 80 in any other league and literally finding 0 things worth selling or using. It has been a real disappointment so far! I will keep grinding away and hope i stumble on something worth selling.
So I'm pretty much done with the league and decided that I should probably left my impressions/small changes to gear/links.
Disclaimer: my main goal was comfortable fast mapping up to t15 and my links/gear are gonna suck against U. Atziri/shaper/guardians.
This build gave me easily most enjoyable mapping experience I ever had, with very little initial investment and overall scaled with gear upgrades amazingly well.
Spoiler

About defenses:
Spoiler
Currently I have ~7.8k ES with skin, and honestly I find it more than enough for mapping, during leveling from 68 to 92 I died 1 time to some crazy volatile essence combo, other than that not even double beyond strand with lots of offensive mods and sextants was close to killing me. As title suggests FB perma freezes almost everything including bosses, so as long as you are hitting mobs from right angle they basically cant do anything. Hell, I was rolling 7k es till level 88 and felt like I can cut another 800 without putting myself in any real danger. Also I use just 80% boot enchant for stun resistance without any additional % from tree, and honestly not even once I felt that Im getting stunned so just invested another 2 point in offense instead of heart of the oak.

About offense:
Spoiler
FB is one of the greatest mapping skills nothing to add here, just hold your RMB and movement skill and enjoy the ride. The only really important part was power and frenzy charges. Just use herald of ice + CoH + assassin's mark for power charges and greed dream near nullification for frenzy, FB clears so fast that keeping charges with 8% is extremely easy (using ice bite instead of mark is just a waste of too much dps IMO). IMO its the best combo you can use for mapping and it boosts your crazy map clear speed even further beyond with almost 0 investment.

Some notes about gear and links:
Spoiler
accuracy was my big problem, as you can see I have it on: helm, gloves, 1 ring, CWDT ice golem. And its still only 89% on lvl 92. Yeah you can use shaper's touch and get like ~500 and lose ~200es but it still not gonna solve issue by itself. 850+ ES vaal regalia seems like waste of money for me, it gives only about ~600 ES for 8ex+ and skin costs ~70c, especially since you can do shaper\U atziri with 7k+ es already if you familiar with the fights, so any ES further than 7.5k just feels very non efficient if you ask me. Also brineroot whalers are not getting enough credit for how insane they are - ~200 es, 1 good res, near max ms, AND extra offence for less than 10c is just insane value! I use 2 CWDT setups and no warchief just because Im lazy. And CoH - frost bomb - herald of ice - assassin's mark is very solid easy to maintain combo.

Conclusion:
I started this build with only ~6-7 ex worth of gear (claw costed me 4 ex, belt was self craft, boots where self enchanted) and even with just good claw and some average gear it was very satisfying to play and scaled with my investments pretty well. Big Thanks to Invalesco for this very well written and amazingly detailed guide! 10/10 would roll next league again.

P.S. I also tried to theorycraft life based raider as starter, and honestly if 3.0 balance changes will buff life and make pathing on lower right side less awkward it might be just good enough!
"
poppawheelie wrote:
"
"
poppawheelie wrote:
Spoiler

i am definitely willing, just having a hard time gathering it. would you say that the best thing for me to spend currency on right now is respec'ing into full CI and dropping all my added clusters? I think if i did that the damage boost i get from claw cluster and other areas will be a much bigger boost then the 20c i could spend on gear instead of regrets.

Believe me, i want nicer gear ! just having a super hard time finding it and being able to afford what I do find. I dont remember ever getting to 80 in any other league and literally finding 0 things worth selling or using. It has been a real disappointment so far! I will keep grinding away and hope i stumble on something worth selling.

You shouldn't be going hybrid gearwise while still a life build. You're basically missing 800+ life(shot in the dark guess, but ~80 each from 5 pieces of gear and then the %boost) from using the gear you use with your passives setup that way.

This build can definitely be specced well and perform well as a life build since str and dex(with Shaper's Touch) gives life and damage. That said, you have a good amount of gear that's suitable to an es build already and you'd basically have to invest in life gear that wouldn't be going to es gear or a respec.

As far as currency goes, a cheap Bisco's amulet would do wonders. Your amulet is garbage but you might need the resists. See if you can't juggle some things around for it. It's probably the best investment you can make right now even with your "life savings" being 10c. You can haggle for less. (Just bought a corrupted 17% for 4c I'll sell to you. It's a very good price)

For cheap life gear in the meantime I suggest Rathpith, ignoring spell damage and getting max block to spells. I just bought one, message me when you're on and I'll give it to you. I also have some jewelry that might be useful.

Starkjona's Hood is 1c or less. (If you can renegotiate resists)

Keep your shield and helm for when you respec.

Craft wed on your belt and hope for a high roll.

Drop crit damage for crit strikes in your chest.

Don't focus on getting a new claw right now. Anguish is very good for the price and your other gear needs work.

Like roach said, you really, really, really need Soul Raker. Your es nodes are useless right now so taking some of them out for it would be good. Void Barrier chain is 3 pts, take those out. You have a random int node at the top(above Assassination) going nowhere, idk why you did that, that's 1 pt. Take out the Mind Drinker chain, you'll have mana leech from Soul Raker, that's 2 pts. So 6 pts allows you to spec from the life nodes all the way to Soul Raker.

After that, unspec the node moving toward Depth Perception and put it into Thick Skin at the bottom. Don't put anymore points into passives that are off from the ES tree in OP from this point on. You'll need to make due with your lifepool at this pt and build up currency.

Save up points, don't use them, for your eventual respec. You'll need extras to rebranch connections for the appropriate tree.

So with your point respec it would be 7 regrets, Starkjona's is 1c, the Bisco's would be 4c. 4 Alchs for the belt craft(knock on wood it rolls well). Total ~13c.
Last edited by ExiledPoe on May 10, 2017, 2:08:18 PM
How much should I list this ring for?

(Is it worth eternal crafting for flat phys? Anyone here wanna buy?)
Last edited by Iluvater on May 10, 2017, 3:29:19 PM
"
Iluvater wrote:

That's indeed one hella sexy ring right here, however we convert phy to cold to scale max dmg so in theory Steel Rings with flat phy 22+ and wed 40%+ would be better than listed above. I'd rather sell it off or use as it is than try to eternal it but as always its up to you buddy, ring will do its job just fine.
Hello world.
"
XNOTE wrote:
"
Iluvater wrote:

That's indeed one hella sexy ring right here, however we convert phy to cold to scale max dmg so in theory Steel Rings with flat phy 22+ and wed 40%+ would be better than listed above. I'd rather sell it off or use as it is than try to eternal it but as always its up to you buddy, ring will do its job just fine.

Oh and for the price around 10-30ex I'd say, depends on demand. Similar Opal Ring WED 42%, 9% Cold dmg but 47 INT roll and craftable ES% is for 2.5ex on the market so always situational I guess.
Hello world.
Last edited by XNOTE on May 10, 2017, 5:57:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info