[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

hey, can syndacate members actually be stunned ? noticed they have cannot be fully slowed mod and looks like i cant stun them even with vaal ground slam which can stun pretty easiliy act bosses. thanks.
"
xZANZIBARx wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
xZANZIBARx wrote:
I am looking for a hardcore duelist starter build for beginner that is relatively cheap to gear?

This build can certainly work in hardcore. However, to be very honest, gearing up for hardcore isn't very cheap. From the past leagues when I tried hardcore, Tidebreaker was quite expensive, and Kaom's Heart as well.

So although this build is completely viable in hardcore, if you're looking for something cheap to gear, maybe you should reconsider your decision or at least make some changes to this existing build.

What changes would you recommend? To alter it to hardcore? Like changes in Passives or mostly equipment?

I once tried a 1-hand version with a shield to start my HC league (and planned to switch to Tidebreaker after having enough currency), it sort of worked but was not very efficient. If Tidebreaker and Kaom's Heart are still really expensive this league, you don't have to go for a shield but you should be prepared to get some transition gears.

Currently I cannot think of too many changes to make, but here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Use the pure phys version of the build. I talked about this version in the gem setups section in the guide.

2. Get more life nodes. We have access to a ton of extra life nodes. This is an obvious one but the question becomes what nodes do we sacrifice. Maybe the gem sockets, maybe some damage nodes, maybe the Stun Mastery wheel.

3. Defensive skill gems and curses. Temporal Chains extend stun duration, but Enfeeble may be a lot better in terms of defense. You can also get something like Molten Shell, considering it's now insta-cast.

Using the stun mechanics as one layer of defense can be very new to many people and it takes time to get used to and exploit this mechanics. Make sure you play safe if you're not very experienced with either the build or the map.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 8, 2018, 9:43:02 AM
"
astragot wrote:
hey, can syndacate members actually be stunned ? noticed they have cannot be fully slowed mod and looks like i cant stun them even with vaal ground slam which can stun pretty easiliy act bosses. thanks.

I tried to look the mods up, and I don't see "cannot be stunned" or "unwavering". If you're only seeing "cannot be fully slowed", it should be fine.

I only played a couple of hours last night and will be really busy IRL for the next couple of days as well, so I can't speak of experience and can't tell if it's true.

I don't really think GGG would design all syndicate members to be stun immune, but maybe like 1 of them being stun immune is likely, just like Minotaur is stun immune as 1 of the 4 guardians.

One thing to keep in mind is that the stun's visual effect, the yellow halo circles spinning on top of mobs' head, only shows up when the stun duration exceeds a certain limit, so it's possible that you actually stunned but you didn't notice it.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 8, 2018, 9:40:10 AM
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
astragot wrote:

I tried to look the mods up, and I don't see "cannot be stunned" or "unwavering". If you're only seeing "cannot be fully slowed", it should be fine.

I only played a couple of hours last night and will be really busy IRL for the next couple of days as well, so I can't speak of experience and can't tell if it's true.

I don't really think GGG would design all syndicate members to be stun immune, but maybe like 1 of them being stun immune is likely, just like Minotaur is stun immune as 1 of the 4 guardians.

One thing to keep in mind is that the stun's visual effect, the yellow halo circles spinning on top of mobs' head, only shows up when the stun duration exceeds a certain limit, so it's possible that you actually stunned but you didn't notice it.

ok thanks for reply. No matter how hard i hit them they seems to be immune to stun. hopefully it's because my stun potential is low or is a not intended behavior from the patch changes
Your quote starts here. I totally fucked up the quote
I once tried a 1-hand version with a shield to start my HC league (and planned to switch to Tidebreaker after having enough currency), it sort of worked but was not very efficient. If Tidebreaker and Kaom's Heart are still really expensive this league, you don't have to go for a shield but you should be prepared to get some transition gears.

Currently I cannot think of too many changes to make, but here are a couple of suggestions:

1. Use the pure phys version of the build. I talked about this version in the gem setups section in the guide.

2. Get more life nodes. We have access to a ton of extra life nodes. This is an obvious one but the question becomes what nodes do we sacrifice. Maybe the gem sockets, maybe some damage nodes, maybe the Stun Mastery wheel.

3. Defensive skill gems and curses. Temporal Chains extend stun duration, but Enfeeble may be a lot better in terms of defense. You can also get something like Molten Shell, considering it's now insta-cast.

Using the stun mechanics as one layer of defense can be very new to many people and it takes time to get used to and exploit this mechanics. Make sure you play safe if you're not very experienced with either the build or the map.[/quote]

Your quote ended here
Thanks for reply. IF you have any links to recommend 1 hand and shield Hardcore Duelist builds please let me know. So you're build is viable if I convert all damage to physical? and what about iron reflexes ? do I want all my evasion as armor?

any other advice?
Last edited by xZANZIBARx on Dec 10, 2018, 1:39:33 AM
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
xZANZIBARx wrote:
I am looking for a hardcore duelist starter build for beginner that is relatively cheap to gear?

This build can certainly work in hardcore. However, to be very honest, gearing up for hardcore isn't very cheap. From the past leagues when I tried hardcore, Tidebreaker was quite expensive, and Kaom's Heart as well.

So although this build is completely viable in hardcore, if you're looking for something cheap to gear, maybe you should reconsider your decision or at least make some changes to this existing build.

any other hardcore duelist shield builds that are viable? and or cheaper? I got one shotted while dual wielding so at least for my first build i wanna make it safe.

But i am noticing Dual wield and 2 hand are more overpowered than the shield's benefit?

Unlike diablo 2?
"
xZANZIBARx wrote:
Thanks for reply. IF you have any links to recommend 1 hand and shield Hardcore Duelist builds please let me know. So you're build is viable if I convert all damage to physical? and what about iron reflexes ? do I want all my evasion as armor?

any other advice?

"
xZANZIBARx wrote:
any other hardcore duelist shield builds that are viable? and or cheaper? I got one shotted while dual wielding so at least for my first build i wanna make it safe.

But i am noticing Dual wield and 2 hand are more overpowered than the shield's benefit?

Unlike diablo 2?

I have been quite busy this year so I haven't been keeping track of the meta, so I can't really give you any suggestions on other builds.

Both mixed damage and pure physical versions can work, but I surely recommend the pure phys version if you're gonna try this build. You don't convert any damage to physical; we are a physical damage build to begin with, so you just don't add extra elemental damage to this build.

Iron Reflexes is a choice if you want to use Grace and gain quite a bit of armor. I don't think it's necessary but it does make you safer.

I don't see any of dual wield, 2-hand, or shield being better than another. Generally you deal less damage with a shield, but you gain a lot of passive defense.

Callinellus Malleus is the best choice for a 1-hand mace. Tidebreaker is also a good choice in Hardcore due to the endurance charge generation. This choice really depends on your playstyle and preferences.

Just wanted to hop in and thank you for this build and your advice about Brutal Fervor. Its absolutely amazing what this build can do, and Brutal Fervor is just game-changing.

Reverse knockback gloves are very nice to have but by no means mandatory, which adds another choice you can make in this build if you lack life for example. Choices are always very nice to have.

Banners work well in pure physical builds btw. In case you were wondering about that new mechanic. Im constantly switching aura's, banners, armor's and heralds to adapt to whatever the game throws at me, which is another choice you can constantly make during gameplay. Very very welcoming after playing builds with fixed playstyles :)

Thanks again!
this is what i like to call badass
HERE COME THE BOOM !

hey i come from the other side and hiiiiii !

-I play Zerk so, some little stuff change.
-Same single target stuff
-Heavy Strike AoE: Heavy Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Multistrike + Ancestral Call + melee spash (op with AC)+ Damage on Full Life (6th link)
-I dont need Blood Rage cause i permentaly have my 50 rage up from instant War Cry and punishment buff.
-Leap slam reserve for Fortify (cause zerk) with faster attaK.
-Same totem.
-Utility: Punishment (on blasphemy) by far for me the best curse ->38% more melee vs 39% increased Physical Damage from vulnerability.(we dont need the bleed chance since we have bloody bludgeon. and wee dont need the MAIM debuf cause totem apply it). and the kisscool effect with hatred.
-CWDT+ flame golem (20%increase damage)+ immortal call+ rallying cry (16%increase damage)
-im not really happy for banner just 11% increase melee so that less my other stuf :(. adrenaline is really cool but just for 3 sec max.

and yeah we stun everything in the game excepte atziri and minautore ( hit and run strategy xD )

the only real " Melee " build of POE. enjoy guys !
Last edited by Styrkor on Dec 12, 2018, 6:28:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info