[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hello,

After seeing changes of 3.1.0, I can see that Slayer with new Vall Pact is pretty strong. So I was wondering of using Slayer. Issue is, how far in end game content will I be able to stun bosses? Is it possible to stun Shaper only with Berserk?

Thanks you for this amazing build, going to do it as league starter. If you could write budget version outside, it would give you much ++ for this post. It's sometimes difficult at finding such thing for builds if it's not highlighted out.
Last edited by MaricX on Dec 6, 2017, 2:26:29 PM
"
MaricX wrote:
Hello,

After seeing changes of 3.1.0, I can see that Slayer with new Vall Pact is pretty strong. So I was wondering of using Slayer. Issue is, how far in end game content will I be able to stun bosses? Is it possible to stun Shaper only with Berserk?

Thanks you for this amazing build, going to do it as league starter. If you could write budget version outside, it would give you much ++ for this post. It's sometimes difficult at finding such thing for builds if it's not highlighted out.

Yes, you will definitely be able to stun Shaper with Slayer, it's just a matter of easiness and reliability. There is a huge gap between being able to land a stun on Shaper and have a guaranteed stunlock on Shaper. If you're anywhere in the gap(most likely you will), then if RNG doesn't favor us, and we just fail to stun several times consecutively, Shaper will recover from stunlocking and starts a portal phase or something.

Currently, my Berserker has almost achieved having a guaranteed stunlock on Shaper, and Slayer has slightly less chances. In other words, if my Berserker starts a Shaper fight, 9 out of 10 times Shaper will be stunlocked to the next phase without moving; for Slayer, maybe the chances are 7 or 8 out of 10 times.

So overall, it's easier to stun with Berserker, but you can certainly stunlock Shaper to death with Slayer. (although it's not guaranteed to happen, so in case of bad RNG, retreat and dodge Shaper's skills then find another timing and start stunning again.)

I definitely also see the potential with Slayer + new Vaal Pact, and I believe now Slayer version might be tanky enough to facetank Minotaur without moving and without using any flasks.

Many have also pointed out the same problem with my post layout(some important section hiding somewhere not-so-noticeable). I will likely make some changes, and make every section easier to spot for people reading.
If you went with a six link chest instead of Kaom's, what would you like with Warchief?
"
Rick2015 wrote:
If you went with a six link chest instead of Kaom's, what would you like with Warchief?

Mixed damage version:

Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Conc. Effect + Damage on Full Life + Ruthless + Maim

Pure physical version:

Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical Damage + Conc. Effect + Brutality + Ruthless + Maim

Reason:

Conc. Effect on both versions for 54% more damage; there is a downside of smaller AOE but I don't think we use Warchief totem to clear packs anyways.

Ruthless on both because of acceptable dps boost plus helping with stunning.

Maim for the mixed damage version because there are no other better choices. Maim for the pure physical version because we need some way to apply maim to boss.

I have thought about Chance to Bleed Support, but I think you should get bleed chance from passives other then wasting a support gem on it. Chance to Bleed Support does not offer enough dps for it to be a good option.

NOTE: we are still unsure about the new Vulnerability gem. If the new Vulnerability gem offers chance to maim(with inc. damage taken debuff), then for the pure physical version, we can replace the Maim support with Damage on Full Life.

EDIT: now we know Vulnerability gem applies Maim, but probably not the damage debuff, so we need Maim Support for the pure physical version.
Last edited by brightwaha on Dec 6, 2017, 11:02:11 PM
Good day,

With 3.1 Patch Notes out... which class do you recommend...Slayer or Berserker?
"
Lafeuile wrote:
Good day,

With 3.1 Patch Notes out... which class do you recommend...Slayer or Berserker?

Both class choices are buffed in 3.1, and I think the question comes down to:

1. If you plan to use a splashing Heavy Strike to clear, then Slayer for sure.

2. If you want to achieve the most consistent stun-lock and higher dps, then Berserker. Berserker also has faster movement and attack speed.

3. If you would enjoy easy and safe high-tier map farming, then Slayer for sure. Slayer has much better overall defense than Berserker.

How comfortable to use this build as league starter?
"
lanashir wrote:
How comfortable to use this build as league starter?

This build is a very comfortable league starter, but definitely not a build you want to race with.

I used this build as a league starter and everything felt very smooth. This build offers easy leveling, can work without any uniques, has a smooth item progression curve, good boss killing, solid atlas progressing, early lab farming, etc. It meets all the criteria to be a good league starter build.

However, there is one weakness: speed. If you compare this build to other fast clearing builds like many good bow builds, this build seems slow. We do have good dps but clear speed is limited by movement and attack speed, as well as the fact of being melee. So if you're a clear speed meta person, then you should pick up a bow instead of a mace. Otherwise, I think you won't be disappointed with this build.
Also what do you think about Heavy Strike + Ancestral Call for clearing?
Nice Build !!!
Great compilation. I'll start the league with this build.
Does something change in the Passive Tree slayer or berserker?
Congratulations on the build !!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info