[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
MetalSlave wrote:
How do you workaround on PoB to get the damage from Overlord (Gain Fortify for 6 seconds on Melee Hit with a Mace, Sceptre or Staff)?

Cluster jewels are now supported in PoB. You can either import from game or create custom items there.

Alternatively, if you’re talking about the gain Fortify on hit mod from Overlord, just go to Config and turn on Fortify.

And unless you have relevant passives, Fortify itself does not give you any damage. The value of Overlord comes from not having to use Fortify Support in the 6-link and can instead use a support gem with higher damage bonus.
1. Out of curiosity, what is your R.E.S.T at the moment in delirium?

2. What is the attack speed I should aim to reach in order to improve the overall stun capability of this build?

3. Can you check my gear out? I felt like I'm doing very little DPS. My ground slam only does 43,871.1 dmg.

What is the first thing I should get to increase my DPS by a lot? Thanks

"
1. Out of curiosity, what is your R.E.S.T at the moment in delirium?

2. What is the attack speed I should aim to reach in order to improve the overall stun capability of this build?

3. Can you check my gear out? I felt like I'm doing very little DPS. My ground slam only does 43,871.1 dmg.

What is the first thing I should get to increase my DPS by a lot? Thanks

1. I have 131% without Stun Support. This is also without picking Stun Mastery, so I have access to additional 15% if I really needed it.

2. Everything, including damage, attack speed, r.E.S.T., and stun duration follows the rule that the more you get the better. So there is no goal to really try to reach, instead you should make the decision based on if the potential attack speed is gained at a low opportunity cost. A general rule of thumb when deciding if you want attack damage or attack speed is to pick whichever offers higher DPS.

3. There are quite some upgrades you can make, and I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself dealing unsatisfying damage. Below I will list some of them:

-As I said, a 6-link Kongor isn't that great, but I guess you can't really afford a 6-link Tidebreaker yet, so that's alright for now. But considering you are using Kongor instead of a Tidebreaker, you shouldn't be picking Resolute Technique, your hits can't miss anyways. Also you probably shouldn't pick the endurance charge nodes yet, you won't benefit much from them without a Tidebreaker.

-Your cluster jewels are very mediocre, it may not be worth it to use them.

-Do your Uber Lab, you should be able to either stun-lock or face-tank Uber Izaro.

-Why no Pride aura? It's a significant source of our damage. Why Summon Skitterbots and Clarity?

-Get dexterity and level up your Faster Attacks and Blood Rage.

-You have Bloodlust on your Ground Slam 6-link, but you have absolutely no source of bleed. Your Bloodlust is doing nothing here. Consider maybe running Shockwave instead.

-Upgrade your gears, especially the helmet and Praxis, they are doing essentially nothing.

-From what I see on the PoB import, you didn't choose a Pantheon? It's free buffs, go pick one.

-Other than these above, you get plenty of room for upgrades from your gears, passive tree and gems. They can each contribute quite a bit to your DPS and these upgrades collectively can make gigantic differences.
Hi! Thanks for the input.

1. You said: Your cluster jewels are very mediocre, it may not be worth it to use them.

Well, I was only following what you were getting for your cluster jewels, if my jewels are mediocre, what kind of jewels I should get this moment to boost my DPS?

2. You said: Why no Pride aura? It's a significant source of our damage. Why Summon Skitterbots and Clarity?

I am constantly running low on mana and doesn't skitterbots automatically shock the enemy, so they take extra damage from ALL sources, thus boosting my DPS?

Because I compared a level 20 pride with level 20 skitterbots (checked the "shocked" box) in POB and it seems like the shock from the skitterbots came out on top in terms of DPS for my attacks. You can verify on your build if you want.

3. You said: You have Bloodlust on your Ground Slam 6-link, but you have absolutely no source of bleed. Your Bloodlust is doing nothing here. Consider maybe running Shockwave instead.

- But doesn't the source of bleed comes from my ancestral warchief totems linked with maim/flesh and stone?

- How does one apply bleed then? Because I saw you link your bloodlust gem to your 6L tidebreaker in the metamorph league and this delirium league, but I am confused where you get and apply your bleed from to take advantage of the bloodlust gem.

- By shockwave, you meant the shockwave support?...is there any other gems stronger than that gem for me in my 6 link?

Last edited by MasterChief22530 on Mar 23, 2020, 2:03:16 AM
"
Hi! Thanks for the input.

1. You said: Your cluster jewels are very mediocre, it may not be worth it to use them.

Well, I was only following what you were getting for your cluster jewels, if my jewels are mediocre, what kind of jewels I should get this moment to boost my DPS?

2. You said: Why no Pride aura? It's a significant source of our damage. Why Summon Skitterbots and Clarity?

I am constantly running low on mana and doesn't skitterbots automatically shock the enemy, so they take extra damage from ALL sources, thus boosting my DPS?

Because I compared a level 20 pride with level 20 skitterbots (checked the "shocked" box) in POB and it seems like the shock from the skitterbots came out on top in terms of DPS for my attacks. You can verify on your build if you want.

3. You said: You have Bloodlust on your Ground Slam 6-link, but you have absolutely no source of bleed. Your Bloodlust is doing nothing here. Consider maybe running Shockwave instead.

- But doesn't the source of bleed comes from my ancestral warchief totems linked with maim/flesh and stone?

- How does one apply bleed then? Because I saw you link your bloodlust gem to your 6L tidebreaker in the metamorph league and this delirium league, but I am confused where you get and apply your bleed from to take advantage of the bloodlust gem.

- By shockwave, you meant the shockwave support?...is there any other gems stronger than that gem for me in my 6 link?

1. Cluster jewels are not just items, they cost passive points as well. If you can't find good cluster jewels the passive points are better spent somewhere else. My PoB pages are lvl 97 characters with no cluster jewels, and you can see the good nodes to pick temporarily, before you can afford good cluster jewels.

2. PoB has a bad implementation of the shock mechanics. By selecting the shock box in PoB it assumes a 50% shock. The Skitterbots however only inflict a 15% shock. Skitterbot is weaker than either Pride or Flesh and Stone.

3. Neither warchief totem nor Maim + Flesh and Stone gives bleed chances. There are many ways you can inflict bleed, for example, the Bloodletting cluster, Chance to Bleed Support when linked with warchief totem, or Vulnerability (usually in the form of Vulnerability on hit corruption on gloves). Currently, my character in Delirium league does not make use of the Bloodlust Support; I will try to get some more sources of bleed and use it later.

-By Shockwave I do mean the Shockwave Support. There are many other gems that are potentially good here. Pulverise is good if you want more of a hit and run playstyle; Multistrike is likely fine as well; Concentrated Effect is okay; Fortify Support is okay, especially if you don't get it from the cluster jewels; Endurance Charge on Melee Stun is also an okay choice since you're using Kongor's instead of Tidebreaker, it gives some r.E.S.T., some damage and endurance charge generation.
Switched up my Large Cluster because the last one was bad, 45c, not too shabby. I still keep the mana leech from my last one, but get Heavy Hitter and Battlefield Dominator. Should be a decent enough damage setup until I can manage to 6 link these Tides.

Your post about not needing the Empire jewels has me curious now..
What curse would you suggest for slayer?
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
"
driiifter wrote:
Your post about not needing the Empire jewels has me curious now..

Just to clarify, my statement about potentially not using the Weight of the Empire jewels means that it's not needed for regular t14-t16 mapping.

It is still useful as it lets you DPS down map boss and metamorph boss faster, but the extra life and attack speed rare jewels provide might offer a better mapping experience.

For content like Shaper Guardians, Conqueror at level 4+, etc. you should definitely use them.

"
Flying_Mage wrote:
What curse would you suggest for slayer?

Vulnerability. It's the only curse you should consider using, period.
1. Why link frenzy gem to blood rage or your build instead of war banner from the previous build? Is it better?

2. I know we had this discussion before, but I'm not sure should I get a 5 linked tidebreaker or not for cyclone (it's because I need clear speed) against delirium monsters)

Should I get it?....I mean, I compared a 6 linked kongor's undying rage with a 5 linked tidebreaker and the kongor came out on top on DPS?

3. What also confused me was your front page POB build:
-Berserker version: https://pastebin.com/gHvpLG1v

You told me not to link the bloodlust support to any six linked weapon if I don't have any sources of bleed, yet you linked a bloodlust support gem to your tidebreaker in the front page POB, but I don't see where you getting your bleed sources from.

Thanks.
Last edited by MasterChief22530 on Mar 24, 2020, 12:00:08 AM
"
1. Why link frenzy gem to blood rage or your build instead of war banner from the previous build? Is it better?

2. I know we had this discussion before, but I'm not sure should I get a 5 linked tidebreaker or not for cyclone (it's because I need clear speed) against delirium monsters)

Should I get it?....I mean, I compared a 6 linked kongor's undying rage with a 5 linked tidebreaker and the kongor came out on top on DPS?

3. What also confused me was your front page POB build:
-Berserker version: https://pastebin.com/gHvpLG1v

You told me not to link the bloodlust support to any six linked weapon if I don't have any sources of bleed, yet you linked a bloodlust support gem to your tidebreaker in the front page POB, but I don't see where you getting your bleed sources from.

Thanks.

1. I used frenzy because I recently did an Sirus fight. I took out War Banner because of lack of gem socket and that I was constantly running out of mana and I don't have the master-craft mana cost mod from unveiling rings yet.

2. Since you already have a 6-link Kongor's, I think you shouldn't worry about a Tidebreaker yet, work on your other item pieces first.

3. I do have a bleed source, and that's the Vulnerability curse. This is fine for ordinary mapping but is definitely not enough for Shaper/ Sirus / Elder fights, for those fights Vulnerability only has 1/3 effectiveness and you want additional sources of bleed on top of Vulnerability. So that was indeed a mistake. I think I used to have the Bloodletting cluster there and I took it out when updating for the last patch. I will make the correction when in a few days I update my PoB again to add cluster jewels.
Last edited by brightwaha on Mar 24, 2020, 1:28:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info