[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Kirbynou wrote:
What do you think about something like that ?

Spoiler

Loose about 700/900 life but recover % life and 120% fortify should be pretty good (already use shock on focus)

And 6 slots could give a big Warchief or more QOL (portal, whatever)

Oh and I'm testing cyclone, but it feel really clunky to switch weapon for heavy strike (or heavy strike -> cyclone), one time out of two attacks doesn't launch... never got the problem ?

I don't think recover life on kill helps at all. We actually get a lot of life gain on hit from Ryslatha's and even that is barely useful.

The Fortify effect is pretty big, but I don't think it alone justifies this choice.

I would say it could be a good choice if you really lack gem sockets and could benefit from an additional 6link. But at the same time, you could also get -8 mana cost craft on your rings and save a couple of gems as well (like Blood Magic).

EDIT: I never felt any problems with weapon swap. Everything works fine for me.

"
Hi,

the build is really fun to play. I wonder if the beast recipe "corrupt a armor or weapon to 30%" is worth on tidebreaker, or if there is a possiblity that it can brick ?

I believe it's guaranteed to work without a chance to brick. If you're not planning to Vaal your Tidebreaker at all this is a good choice.

The other choice is to use Hillock safehouse to raise the quality to 28%, then Vaal it in hopes to get Fortify Support.
Last edited by brightwaha on Jul 9, 2019, 3:13:00 PM
To vaal or not to vaal :o
Hey Brightwaha,

I just want to say thank you for this build. I like to play my softcore "hardcore" and try to not die at all. I'm currently 91 (almost 92) and died once to crit of a legion mob offscreen while my endurance charges where expired. My goal this league is to kill Uber Elder for the first time, hopefully I can do it with this build.

Also after 2800 hours in the game this is my most expensive build ever (about 15-16 exalts of gear but I'm a pretty casual player). I don't know how to link my character in this forum post.

Anyway what I find the most difficult is getting the right rings with stats, resists and physical damage.
Last edited by Cenobyte666 on Jul 11, 2019, 11:26:14 AM
"
Kirbynou wrote:
To vaal or not to vaal :o

How tf did you get a perfect roll on your Tidebreaker...

I would vaal it once I can afford to get a new one if it bricks.
hi Brightwaha

I am lost now. I saw your guide and read all the content in this thread but didn found a word about your used gem situation now.

in guide you wrote something from heavy strike and bloodlust. is this still viable. shockwave is in guide but you dont use it.

in your used setup you work a lot with bleed and rage support. Cyclone i used is really great and much smoother this ground slam. Is groundslam with conc effekt better than heavy strike.
Is bleeding worth the heavy investment you did for it ? As i think you dont do it if it has not a big advantage, perhaps you can enlight me a bit :-)

bleed only works good on moving enemies right ? Shaper and atziri and elder dont move so much. Did you use then another setup?

i would really pleased if you can help me understand your choises as i dont found a explanation in guide and three.

a happy user from your build who is a bit lost in space .-)
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Jul 12, 2019, 6:49:18 AM
"
hi Brightwaha

I am lost now. I saw your guide and read all the content in this thread but didn found a word about your used gem situation now.

in guide you wrote something from heavy strike and bloodlust. is this still viable. shockwave is in guide but you dont use it.

in your used setup you work a lot with bleed and rage support. Cyclone i used is really great and much smoother this ground slam. Is groundslam with conc effekt better than heavy strike.
Is bleeding worth the heavy investment you did for it ? As i think you dont do it if it has not a big advantage, perhaps you can enlight me a bit :-)

bleed only works good on moving enemies right ? Shaper and atziri and elder dont move so much. Did you use then another setup?

i would really pleased if you can help me understand your choises as i dont found a explanation in guide and three.

a happy user from your build who is a bit lost in space .-)

So, generally, if something is in the guide but I'm not using it, it means it's not optimal for myself but can definitely be a good choice for many other people.

Heavy Strike, Bloodlust and Shockwave are great examples. I am not using Heavy Strike because I am very well-geared and I can afford to run Ground Slam (which is worse than Heavy Strike but doesn't require jewels) to stun-lock everything. I do have Heavy Strike and Heavy Strike jewels in my stash in case I need it.

Bloodlust is great for single-target and Shockwave is great for clearing for certain skills; although I am not using them, it doesn't mean they're bad.

I don't actually invest into bleed. My bleed sources are Vulnerability curse, which I use solely to boost DPS, and the Bloodletting cluster, which I pick mostly for the 5% reduced damage taken (it also helps enabling Bloodlust, although I am not using at the moment). The 5% reduced damage taken is huge if you're playing Slayer and have all the other fortify nodes.

I believe I have around 42% reduced damage taken without Bloodletting, so adding additional 5% from Bloodletting means around 9% effective mitigation (58% -> 53%). Again, it may not be for everyone; I am making very defensive choices because I am lvl97 and I don't want to risk dying at all.

Our bleed damage is minuscule and you shouldn't worry about it.

Hi brightwaha

thanks a lot. So its really easy and i thougt it was a concept for something else.
So i understand it and can make choises more clearly.

The images under Gear -> Detailed Breakdown aren't displaying correctly. I can figure things out based on the sampled gears but some the text is worded in a way that is dependent on the images.
"
CammieMac wrote:
The images under Gear -> Detailed Breakdown aren't displaying correctly. I can figure things out based on the sampled gears but some the text is worded in a way that is dependent on the images.

Thanks for informing me of this. I hate the fact that the forum relies on the sequencing of pasted items, which means one mistake in one section might cause a complete disaster in the whole post.

There seems to be no quick fix. I will work on this and fix it eventually.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
CammieMac wrote:

Thanks for informing me of this. I hate the fact that the forum relies on the sequencing of pasted items, which means one mistake in one section might cause a complete disaster in the whole post.

There seems to be no quick fix. I will work on this and fix it eventually.

No Problem, I had no idea it worked like that. Thanks for sharing this build, looking forward to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info