[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Cedvin wrote:
Ty for reply. im currently using ground slam, since i couldn't do either high tier maps or uber lab with heavy strike, im prolly doing smthing wrong, because my eq is pretty decent i would say.
My tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWCbsLYQ48ERoUIBRNFHEYkRnpGjghVSGQJDclvCcgJy8s-zSONZI5DjpSOuE7OzwtPfxAoEE_RrdHfknVTeNQR1HmV1RYY1nzXhNfP1_QYJFgxGFSZU1o8mvZcqlza3Ttdqx3U3h6eu97jHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74VShjuGYIdqiiKMz5BVk6iUh5d5nsWiAKZXp22pJ6mUrKqtja9stz68n702vqe_CMBmwKbE9sauxtjPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHbT9w937Lfv-DD4NjkUeSt6hDqGOsJ7w7vTvAf8kXzb_ZI9zL4X_jr_Ev-Cv6P?accountName=Cedvin&characterName=Wacksack

And my items for heavy strike:
Spoiler

My gem setup was
6l: hs, ruthless, brutality, melee phys, dmg on full life, bloodlust (swapped with melee splash)
5l brotem: brotem, maim, chance to bleed, fa, melee phys
4l gloves: cwdt, ic, id, ms
4l boots: coh, vengeance, id, wm
4l helmet: leap slam, forty, fa, endurance charge on stun

i have all resistances maxed (well 2% off lightning but that can be easily fixed) and 7,5k hp
Any idea what i was doing wrong?

It's very hard to tell what went wrong in your setup, but I recommend:
1. To clear trash mobs with Heavy Strike, Multistrike makes life easier, try using that and see if it helps.
2. You need more 'Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold'. If you want to do Uber Lab you definitely want a lot more.
3. Blood Magic is not a very bad choice, but using Damage on Full Life when you have Blood Magic is not a good idea. I believe your Damage on Full Life gem just never works.
4. You need two threshold jewels for Heavy Strike.

Besides those reasons, maybe you are just not used to single-target melee attacks? If so, then you just need to practice a little and get used to it.
why are you telling people to clear trash with heavy strike? just swap in a sunder gem or weapon swap. Similar build to this that uses starforge just swaps to 5l terminus flicker for trash clear. A bad 6l sunder will clear waaaaay better than heavy strike.
"
grimchip wrote:
why are you telling people to clear trash with heavy strike? just swap in a sunder gem or weapon swap. Similar build to this that uses starforge just swaps to 5l terminus flicker for trash clear. A bad 6l sunder will clear waaaaay better than heavy strike.

It's a good point and many people also seem to not like the idea of clearing with Heavy Strike. Let me make it clear here:

I usually suggest all possible ways to clear including both Sunder and Heavy Strike. Sunder does make life easier and is a good choice overall, but I believe Heavy Strike still has some advantages over Sunder, even for a Berserker character.

One big difference is the ability to stun bosses; when I were playing with Heavy Strike + Melee Splash I had a much easier time stunning bosses while mapping so I usually didn't even swap to my single-target setup while facing bosses; when I played Sunder it felt like bosses were not perfectly stun-locked, so I needed to be careful sometimes, for example, against Racecourse boss who might cast reflection aura.

For a Slayer character, having a built in splash from Ascendancy, Heavy Strike just deals way more damage than Sunder, and I feel clearing with Heavy Strike was faster.

There are also numerous situations when a splashing Heavy Strike is needed, I think Minotaur fight is a good example. Sticking to Heavy Strike and getting used to that seems like a smart idea to me.

Most of the times, I would say clearing with Heavy Strike is only slightly slower if you are used to using it. Sunder is not naturally faster, it's just naturally easier(think of split arrow).

After all, it's just personal preference. If one likes Sunder then he should be using Sunder. I like to tell all possible solutions and let people pick whatever they like the best.
How does this build perform on a 5L? Right now the only 6L posted on poetrade is 500c(10 times that of a 5L).
This build is interresting.
"
How does this build perform on a 5L? Right now the only 6L posted on poetrade is 500c(10 times that of a 5L).

Almost all support gems provide only damage boosts, at around 40-50%. So if a 5-link deals 1000 damage, a 6-link should deal 1500 damage(this is perfect case scenario; Damage on Full Life support, for example, only provides the 50% more damage bonus when we are at full life).

On paper, the difference is huge, but it actually is not. Maybe if you want to challenge Shaper/Guardians a 6-link is a must-have, but even with a 5-link you will be able to stun-lock Uber Izaro(Uber Lab boss) or farm red maps reasonably fast.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"

Almost all support gems provide only damage boosts, at around 40-50%. So if a 5-link deals 1000 damage, a 6-link should deal 1500 damage(this is perfect case scenario; Damage on Full Life support, for example, only provides the 50% more damage bonus when we are at full life).

On paper, the difference is huge, but it actually is not. Maybe if you want to challenge Shaper/Guardians a 6-link is a must-have, but even with a 5-link you will be able to stun-lock Uber Izaro(Uber Lab boss) or farm red maps reasonably fast.

Thanks, I'll take that into consideration before jumping in. I really am interested in this build because of the stun itself. Which is quite funny to see,but can't afford end game atm.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
grimchip wrote:

It's a good point and many people also seem to not like the idea of clearing with Heavy Strike. Let me make it clear here:

I usually suggest all possible ways to clear including both Sunder and Heavy Strike. Sunder does make life easier and is a good choice overall, but I believe Heavy Strike still has some advantages over Sunder, even for a Berserker character.

One big difference is the ability to stun bosses; when I were playing with Heavy Strike + Melee Splash I had a much easier time stunning bosses while mapping so I usually didn't even swap to my single-target setup while facing bosses; when I played Sunder it felt like bosses were not perfectly stun-locked, so I needed to be careful sometimes, for example, against Racecourse boss who might cast reflection aura.

For a Slayer character, having a built in splash from Ascendancy, Heavy Strike just deals way more damage than Sunder, and I feel clearing with Heavy Strike was faster.

There are also numerous situations when a splashing Heavy Strike is needed, I think Minotaur fight is a good example. Sticking to Heavy Strike and getting used to that seems like a smart idea to me.

Most of the times, I would say clearing with Heavy Strike is only slightly slower if you are used to using it. Sunder is not naturally faster, it's just naturally easier(think of split arrow).

After all, it's just personal preference. If one likes Sunder then he should be using Sunder. I like to tell all possible solutions and let people pick whatever they like the best.

ok so half your post is talking about clearing bosses with sunder, which i never implied nor said, the intent is to stunlock bosses with heavystrike. Also Sunder IS better for clearing, every attack with sunder covers 5-6x more area than heavystrike and its damage is multiplied by density. not to mention sunder is a RANGED attack. which means it's overall safer and you dont have to jump/move around to hit a mob, which unless you are cyclone is a huge loss in clear speed to have to do that.
"
grimchip wrote:
ok so half your post is talking about clearing bosses with sunder, which i never implied nor said, the intent is to stunlock bosses with heavystrike. Also Sunder IS better for clearing, every attack with sunder covers 5-6x more area than heavystrike and its damage is multiplied by density. not to mention sunder is a RANGED attack. which means it's overall safer and you dont have to jump/move around to hit a mob, which unless you are cyclone is a huge loss in clear speed to have to do that.

I don't want to argue about preferences, if you think Sunder is better, go for it. I give both options to people who ask, and they will try both options themselves and figure out which works for them. Maybe 90% people will choose Sunder, I don't know; but it doesn't hurt to know there are other ways to clear.

As for your statement Sunder IS better: at least for a Slayer character who doesn't like the extra effort to swap gems or does't have a secondary weapon, I believe Heavy Strike is overall much better just because of superior damage(Heavy Strike deals 1.9 times the damage against single target enemy). That's from my own experience testing both options. So there will be people who prefer Heavy Strike over Sunder, and I will insist on telling those people 'Heavy Strike might be a good option that you should probably test it out yourself and see if you like it better'.
great build! im really enjoying playing it. atm im not using Bloodrage, because damage on full life support shouldnt be working, or am i missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info