[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Does your build scale ok in groups? I play in a 3 man party often, and would enjoy trying your build out to keep our support safer in boss fights, but since the stun mechanics use enemy health, before I build this I wanted to ask if it works :). Thanks much!
"
Ferxgg wrote:
great build! im really enjoying playing it. atm im not using Bloodrage, because damage on full life support shouldnt be working, or am i missing something?

It works as long as you have enough life recovery rate from life regen and leech. So you should start using Bloodrage; it helps a lot while clearing maps.
"
crystal231 wrote:
Does your build scale ok in groups? I play in a 3 man party often, and would enjoy trying your build out to keep our support safer in boss fights, but since the stun mechanics use enemy health, before I build this I wanted to ask if it works :). Thanks much!

"Where defender_effective_max_life is the maximum life of the creature being hit. Increases to monster life from a party of more than one player do not affect defender_effective_max_life." Quoted from Malice's Mechanics Thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707#p216024

This means that, this build can serve as an ultimate life guard in groups when it comes to boss fights. Stunning Shaper would be as easy in a 3 man group as playing solo(technically even easier because your teammates may provide auras and curses). My friends really enjoyed playing with my stun build just because of me turning everything I hit into target-dummies.
Hey just a couple questions.

1. When I use bloodrage, even with good health regen and lifesteal, I always have about 4 health points missing from being full health (I assume I have good health regen because I remain constantly missing 4 health from being full health with bloodrage on). I can't remember if I stay at full health with leech, but is it actually possible to remain full health with bloodrage on?

2. What is your overall verdict on full physical vs mixed physical and elemental? I know you probably will say 'depends', but if you were to choose one over the other, which would you choose?

3. What is your thought on bloody bludgeon (the bleed node on bottom)? You said you opted out from this node cluster to save passive points and instead using chance to bleed on your totem. However, bloody bludgeon cluster gives 52% inc physical damage, 25% chance to bleed, and 6% inc attack speed with maces. If we compare this to blunt instrument cluster beside Templar start point, would it also be a good investment to just opt in for bloody bludgeon and give up 3 points from blunt instrument cluster? In this case, in expense of 1 extra passive point, you gain 12 inc phys damage, 25% chance to bleed, and 3% inc attack speed with mace, and could maybe buff up damage on the ancestral warchief (which I don't know if its worth for this '1 point expense').

4. This is more general question. Which would you say you prefer / or is more valuable, between 20% inc maximum life (from scion life wheel cluster) vs 2 extra endurance charges, if we were to invest 4 passive points in either of these cases? I thought maybe if going mix phys/ele, endurance charge might be better (since no iron reflex to pump up armor), and 20% inc max life if going full phys (due to armor pump up from iron reflex). I wanted to ask in case you have different opinion.
"
iSovRiddiK wrote:
Hey just a couple questions.

1. When I use bloodrage, even with good health regen and lifesteal, I always have about 4 health points missing from being full health (I assume I have good health regen because I remain constantly missing 4 health from being full health with bloodrage on). I can't remember if I stay at full health with leech, but is it actually possible to remain full health with bloodrage on?

2. What is your overall verdict on full physical vs mixed physical and elemental? I know you probably will say 'depends', but if you were to choose one over the other, which would you choose?

3. What is your thought on bloody bludgeon (the bleed node on bottom)? You said you opted out from this node cluster to save passive points and instead using chance to bleed on your totem. However, bloody bludgeon cluster gives 52% inc physical damage, 25% chance to bleed, and 6% inc attack speed with maces. If we compare this to blunt instrument cluster beside Templar start point, would it also be a good investment to just opt in for bloody bludgeon and give up 3 points from blunt instrument cluster? In this case, in expense of 1 extra passive point, you gain 12 inc phys damage, 25% chance to bleed, and 3% inc attack speed with mace, and could maybe buff up damage on the ancestral warchief (which I don't know if its worth for this '1 point expense').

4. This is more general question. Which would you say you prefer / or is more valuable, between 20% inc maximum life (from scion life wheel cluster) vs 2 extra endurance charges, if we were to invest 4 passive points in either of these cases? I thought maybe if going mix phys/ele, endurance charge might be better (since no iron reflex to pump up armor), and 20% inc max life if going full phys (due to armor pump up from iron reflex). I wanted to ask in case you have different opinion.

My answers:

1. I think it's more like a display bug. You can see from your tooltip that Damage on Full Life works when you are losing that 4 hp.

2. If you play with friends who have auras and curses that help with elemental damage, then mixed damage version is better. Else, if you play alone, by switching gems, mixed damage can have better burst damage at the cost of huge stun capability loss, or can have better stun capability at the cost of huge damage loss. So if you want to have good damage and stuns at the same time, go for the pure physical version.

3. I always have the Bloody Bludgeon node picked. I opted out from the two bleed nodes to the right of the wheel (kept the 3 nodes to the left).

4. I never found physical mitigation appealing. The only exception is Minotaur. Usually, most physical damage comes from melee attacks, but we just don't take melee attacks because we stun mobs that are close to us. Also, I am now using a low level CWDT-Immortal Call that basically triggers all the time; so max endurance charges doesn't do much anymore.
Last edited by brightwaha on Sep 12, 2017, 10:36:51 PM
Hi. how does sweep as main skill perform with this build?
-
"
Eps1on wrote:
Hi. how does sweep as main skill perform with this build?

The problem with Sweep, as well as most other skills, is that the damage is just inferior. If you want a good skill to clear, Sunder might be a better option; or as people suggested, Flicker Strike might work as well. Against bosses, sweep just cannot deal even half of the damage Heavy Strike deals.

That being said, if you really like Sweep, this build with reverse knockback works perfectly fine with this skill; test by yourself and make your decisions. Just remember that for boss fights, you should definitely swap to Heavy Strike.
Haha, I love this idea. It doesn't suit my playstyle, but stun locking bosses to death is pretty amusing to watch.
Giving up my dream of taking down the Shaper - the portals for the minibosses or the phase transitions keep causing crashes, and esp at the phase 2-3 transition, he seems to regen to around 75% for the reload-crash-reload it takes to get me back to the fight :/ Glad to see your video of the Shaper kill, though.

Spoiler

"
Haasts wrote:
Giving up my dream of taking down the Shaper - the portals for the minibosses or the phase transitions keep causing crashes, and esp at the phase 2-3 transition, he seems to regen to around 75% for the reload-crash-reload it takes to get me back to the fight :/ Glad to see your video of the Shaper kill, though.

Spoiler

Damn that's truly unfortunate. I would be super sad to lose a number of Shaper fragment sets in a Temporary League (and due to game crashing). Maybe the crashing can be solved by reinstalling POE or switching to a different directX version? I am not an expert but I feel there must be a way to fix that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info