[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

Hey how about abysus nerf when i play this build in 2.6 it has pretty low damage compare with other builds but i was able to kill hydra minotaur but not uber Atzir ther is no way not enought dmg and now -100% critical multiple is it still wroking the same? in 3.0
@Griff112
Well you could use a better supported Ancestral Warchief.

@Mikocosm
That is a very good question. And one that is hard to answer. I've started an Oro flicker this league and it's ok though it has some serious issues with the mana sustain it the early end-game. Both builds end up very close to each other in terms of stats. After comparing two level 95 characters with perfect gear in PoB (a slayer terminus est and a champion oro) it seems that both builds end up with about the same amount of life and the Slayer has a bit more effective DPS (and of of course the Slayer's culling definitely gives an edge to the Slayer, especially noticeable with the buffed life of map bosses and rares). Now the only two main differences are Abyssus and Atziri's Acuity. With Abyssus Slayer is definitely squishier, though on the other hand Acuity is an insane boost to your survivability that oro can't really use. You could loose the Abyssus and you will be tankier than the Oro build but you'll have a bit less damage.
The use of an alternative attack is something that i advise when there is a chance for you to die vs bosses that have hard hitting telegraphed attacks because it is significantly harder to dodge stuff while flickering uncontrollably. I'd recommend it for every flicker strike build. Is it possible to just use flicker strike? Yes, but don't be mad if you die due to huge slow slam attack. And of course don't, i repeat DON'T attempt Atziri clone phase with flicker strike or suffer the consequences.

@ElDuke
Here immortal call is used for one reason and one reason only - Porcupines. One-shotting a pack of porcupines puts you in a grave danger but there is one thing that helps with that - Immortal call + CWDT. The seemingly brief duration of immortal call when used with no endurance charges might seem like something insignificant but it is something that will literally prevent death in porcupine situations.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I don't really know a whole lot about the game, but why do you get acrobatics and then wear only armor items?
Armour in general is not really effective (read more on the wiki about armour) and i'd say completely useless without proper tree support and in most cases - a shield. The primary defenses of an item (armour, evasion or energy shield) mean nothing for this build as non of them are supported by passives and or gems.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Aug 15, 2017, 11:27:20 AM
To KorgothBG:
"If you engage a boss with no frenzy charges then you'll most likely be able to attack him without stopping but you'll always be without any charges during the fight"

False.

Every 2 seconds you have a "free" flicker strike, that implies a chance to obtain a frenzy charge for free
In a hypothetical situation when you always crit, and you start flicking with 0 frenzy charge, every 2 seconds you will gain a free frenzy charge, and in the end you will end up with the 5 frenzy charges

And an advice:

You could generate power chances for free if you use Jaws Of Agony with Fire Trap + Cluster Traps + Multiple Trap Support in the off hand. Before engaging with the boss Press "x" then throw fire traps until you get the max of power charge, and then change to the main hand again
(you cand add Storm Prison Carved Wand for an extra power charge but is not necesary)

If you want to edit the guide with this, will be great!

Cheers!

Good catch on the frenzy charges. I was trying to convey that you should always try to engage a boss at max frenzy charges for easier fights, but i guess i went overboard with the "you'll always be without any charges".
Hey KorgothBG!
First of all thanks for the build, first time I attempt to do a Flicker Strike build and so far it's been worth it. Just had a really bad time pre-Terminus Est, but that only made that lvl 51 sweeter. Currently lvl 74 and sitting on 3.3k HP (not enough, but I have most of the big life wheel to take plus a few pieces of stuff without HP, expecting to hit 4k5 by the level 80).

The only concern I'm having though concerns life leech, yet nobody seems to be talking about that. I'm probably too used to Vaal Pact, but without it the life leech just feels too slow, at least barely if not enough for most map bosses. At the moment I am keeping up with two instant potions, but those aren't eternal and won't be a solution versus harder bosses (mainly looking at Atziri). I understand that Atziri's Acuity will solve the problem by making a good part of the leech instant, but considering the price I'm not certain to be able to buy them one day. I thought about taking some life leech nodes, but it would feel a waste to use four points for that when I'm lacking both life and damage. How did you sort out that problem?
Hi Korgoth,

Like others here, I want to say: thank you! This is the first time I have ever gotten so high in the game: my character is now level 83, and I am beginning to do T6/T7 maps now (my first time mapping, so I have probably been quite inefficient going up the tiers?).

In the story, I had no serious troubles, although I had quite a few deaths to some of the bigger bosses, especially Act 6 Kitava, since because I was a newbie, I missed the importance of some pieces of advice in your guide, but as I ran into issues, and tried to fix them, the guide was of great use, and I now understand the majority of the pieces necessary to make things work.

Now I have hit two road blocks that I do not know how to deal with:

1) The T6 Spider Forest, I find that I am very heavily affected by the bosses desecrate ground attack (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spider_Forest_Map): as I sustain perma-flicker, around her, she lays desecrate, and I am usually forced to disengage since my health suddenly starts dropping really low. I am guessing the primary reason for this is my non-existent chaos resistance, so I find that I have to disengage my perma-flicker, and move away and then start flickering again once she is out of the desecrate region. Do you have to do the same too?

2) Uber Lab Izaro: again, it seems my perma-flicker gets interrupted unexpectedly, and I get one-shotted. To deal with it, I have tried to bump my health up, and I am trying to use flasks as well as I can, but sometimes I am just not fast enough for the huge burst of damage I take, and before I know it: "Return to town." :( --- any advice here? I have zero problems with the lab traps/etc, mostly just the occasional Izaro one shot. So far, I have gotten to the Third Izaro fight once, and the Second and First Izaro fights quite often (I think I have tried Uber Lab 8 times now!). Occasionally (maybe this has happened twice out of the 8 runs?) I might also get two shotted by Argus, but I am usually fast enough on the flasks.

Here are my items:

I have around 4600 health, and my resistances (except for chaos, are capped). While chaos might be a problem for the Spider Forest boss, it shouldn't really be a problem for Izaro, right? I am using the basalt flask because it gives a good boost to my damage for a bit, and helps me quickly recharge my other flasks.

Might you have any tips for me? I am probably missing some deeper things in your guide, haha!

@KorgothBG-

Thanks for the feedback mate, I really appreciate it.

The impression I've gotten from reading your guide, and from seeing your responses throughout this thread in general, is that the nerfs to Abyssus, Power Charges, and critical strike multipliers overall, while not insignificant, still, thankfully, aren't enough to throw the Terminus Est Slayer build under the bus.

As it stands, I really want to be able to justify the time/currency I've spent on this build so far, and I have most definitely been loving it up to where I'm at now (low tier maps). So while your guide is incredibly thorough--I've probably had the smoothest leveling experience ever following it--it would just be nice to hear your own evaluation of the overall situation so far.

So at the end of the day, in your (granted, biased haha) opinion... At this point in time in Harbinger League, if you had to choose a build based on as holistic a game experience as possible--overall leveling, and in particular ease-of-access regarding gear purchases for end-game (i.e. given the price of Kaom's Heart being 350 chaos, and Atziri's Acuity sitting pretty at 900 chaos as I type this) and actual end-game viability ranging from low tier maps to high tier/Guardian maps--would you pick the Terminus Est physical damage/crit chance build over any iteration of a build using Oro's Sacrifice (e.g. Slayer or Champion)?

Which would get your "stamp of approval" over the other?
Last edited by Mikocosm on Aug 15, 2017, 8:16:10 PM
"
Mikocosm wrote:
@KorgothBG-

Thanks for the feedback mate, I really appreciate it.

The impression I've gotten from reading your guide, and from seeing your responses throughout this thread in general, is that the nerfs to Abyssus, Power Charges, and critical strike multipliers overall, while not insignificant, still, thankfully, aren't enough to throw the Terminus Est Slayer build under the bus.

As it stands, I really want to be able to justify the time/currency I've spent on this build so far, and I have most definitely been loving it up to where I'm at now (low tier maps). So while your guide is incredibly thorough--I've probably had the smoothest leveling experience ever following it--it would just be nice to hear your own evaluation of the overall situation so far.

So at the end of the day, in your (granted, biased haha) opinion... At this point in time in Harbinger League, if you had to choose a build based on as holistic a game experience as possible--overall leveling, and in particular ease-of-access regarding gear purchases for end-game (i.e. given the price of Kaom's Heart being 350 chaos, and Atziri's Acuity sitting pretty at 900 chaos as I type this) and actual end-game viability ranging from low tier maps to high tier/Guardian maps--would you pick the Terminus Est physical damage/crit chance build over any iteration of a build using Oro's Sacrifice (e.g. Slayer or Champion)?

Which would get your "stamp of approval" over the other?

Well, it seems that someone has already killed shaper with the Oro build? (see the other thread in this sub-forum) Has anyone done that yet with Slayer Terminus est?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info