Developer Questions and Answers

As leagues expand and more league specific items accumulate, we all find ourselves dedicating more space to these types of items. What solutions do you have planned for the casual player who isn't quite committed to investing in stash tabs or special stash pages?

Are you or does the team feel that they're done developing maps with new terrain and bosses? I'm not referring to reworking old maps.

Any plans for further chat channel upgrades/features?

Do you embrace the idea of players only wanting to run specific maps, or are you ok with that?

A while back we heard about a certain building having a special use in the Broken Bridge area. If this isn't related to FoO can you give us a hint as to what is going on there?

What's something the entire development team didn't expect people to do in Legacy league, or something nonsensical you don't understand why people do?
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Last edited by StrayYoshi on Mar 13, 2017, 12:13:11 AM
I do not fully know the profit you have made or plan to make,however have yall considered directing a poe movie or even tv show?
Any plan on updating stats windows so all new passive effects are displayed?
See exemple (I of course didn't think of all the possibilities):

I also upscaled the text area to make it easier to read.
Last edited by Kazorus on Mar 13, 2017, 12:22:51 AM
Have you guys ever considered having players with wings levitate/float/fly? I think it would be a really cool effect to add to the game, similar to: https://youtu.be/IMPt_byh6TM?t=8

Keep it up, this game is awesome!
As someone who also develops software for a living, i was curious what the dev setups are like; hardware or software, vim vs emacs, vs IDE, etc.

Anything the dev's wish they had but don't?
Have you guys had any luck with ability collision?
For Example, Cyclone stopping when it hits a wall or random object. This can get quite annoying in smaller areas like catacombs, caves, and crypts.
There has to be a way you can redo the abilities in a way they can still collide with the walls and objects but not stop working.
As always thank you for your time. Be well Exiles.
Why did you make Reave worst than it already was? at the moment it's a terrible idea to chose a ramp up melee skill reave over cleave. I mean I get nerfing AoE AND inreturn BUFFING the damage but you didn't do that you just nerfed AoE which killed the incentive to play it over cleave which has no ramp up time, pretty much same AoE and damage.

You guys make me wonder if you even play the game or atleast look at the game skills thru the eyes of the players.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Chris Wilson 3/10/2021
The three biggest consistent problems in Path of Exile have been in my opinnion desync, performance issues and item collission / gliding / fluidity of motion.

The previous two have gotten really great enchancements and desync in particular has been almost completely fixed but we never hear anything about the last problem. The most consistent complain i hear from people that quit path of exile is that it feels really clunky. You are constantly getting stuck to every stone, corner, doorway etc. and this really hurt the arpg experience a LOT. Balance comes and goes but this is a consistent horrible quality of life issue and based on how little we ever hear from it i am wondering is this even on the radar of the devs?

One time on reddit there was just one example of cyclone getting stuck and chris promised to ask about it but it was never followed up upon.

Is there any improvements coming to the item collission / gliding / fluidity of motion feel of the game or is this issue even on the radar of the devs of do the devs believe these issues are working as intended? If it is a problem then how hard is this to fix? is it partially an engine problem or just really time consuming to fix or both or something else?

item collission / gliding / fluidity of motion is really almost as crucial as performance and desync but it is not something that every player can clearly note is bothering them unlike desync and performance that simply are so transparent that everyone notices they are the problem without thinking why things feel really bad.
I would like to know the philosophy adopted by the team in making certain item rarer than the others.

There is clearly the scenario where a certain build is built around a specific item, but certain items and certain builds are sometimes not played in the game because the key build item is extremely rare.

I know they will or may say that this is not to unbalance the economy, but would not it be more interesting to base this around what the players can play or not? Turning an item to something extremely rare restricts the range of opportunities that players can choose to play with, with most playing with builds that do not require such extremely rare items and thus narrowing the choices.

I would like to know the decisions made regarding this aspect of the game.
there are any plans to make older supporter packs available again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info