[2.6 SC] Severian Omnislash - CI Bleed/Poison Terminus Flicker [Videos]

lol shouldnt have said that, cause now I do and I will
"
Mecielle wrote:

Might be just me, but if your build needs only one 6link and you want 3r1g2b wouldn't it be much better to get a 6linked Terminus Est and a 4/5 linked high ES regalia? Easier to get the colors and so much cheaper.

I prefer to buy white 6L's and chaos spam - so the Regalia I have was a 35c purchase with the remaining chaos from an exalt slammed into it. Crafting this way is typically a cheaper way of getting a 6L over buying it outright - especially in the case of a 6L terminus which is 15ex on standard and 8ex on LSC as of today. Ideally you'd have two six links, which is where your handy AW setup comes in. Something like a swap to Frenzy/PCoC/Blasphemy>WM and Leap Slam/FA/Fortify/Disc to make room for an AW totem at that point.

"
Also, your tree isnt really optimized. You use 7 points to get 30% ES from unnatural calm. Could use those to get 12% from the one node near witch start and the remaining 6 points towards Foresight for another 32%. Resulting in 42% ES instead of 30%. I know we lose some recharge rate and max lighting res but for 12% ES it might be worth it?

The tree will be changed with this in mind. The +1 Light res and recharge aren't particularly useful vs the added ehp - thanks for this one :)

"
Another thing is Added Chaos in the Flicker setup. Why not use Melee Physical Damage? We scale physical damage and almost no chaos damage. Both scale poison so by using melee physical we gain a ton of hit damage which results in more poison damage. The increased damage also results in higher bleed damage as only physical damage is used for that.

This is another color issue - it's easy to hit another blue, but not another red. In a Terminus, this wouldn't be an issue, but you know how finicky Regalias can be. Melee phys would scale much better, but after hitting 3 red with the green (around 1k chroms, thanks for nothing Vorici) I threw in the towel. While editing, I decided not to go outside of 4L's other than the primary Flicker setup, so ended up omitting what you brought up in the next bit: Ancestral Warchief. It would actually boost survivability as well as single target damage by peeling for you.

"
And finally the Orb of Storms setup. It is nice to have but there is a better alternative imho. If we don't have full Power Charges all the time, that only means our crit chance is already very nice. But there is a 4-5 link setup that will triple our single target killspeed. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Bloodlust - Melee Phys on full life - conc effect. That is a far superior use of the sockets in my opinion.

And if somebody insists on a power charge generator, I would advice to use Cwdt(1)-Blade Vortex(3)-power charge on crit(20)-increased critical strikes(20). This way we don't have to cast anything.

Automated, but reactive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this setup kicks in after you Flicker into a pack with no charges, not a crit, mob slaps you and you get your charges. OoS allows you to hit max DPS potential (since we literally hover at 5 frenzies when power charges are up) before touching anything and with only a moments pause and no intake. Also, BV doesn't feel as good as it used to for charge generation since its mechanics were changed imo - obviously anything you prefer is what you should go with, but that's my .02 on it.

"
Yes, I would take out the Quicksilver and use Kiaras instead. Use Leap Slam for movement, no need for a Quicksilver imho. I just hate getting stunlocked and would even sacrifice a damage flask for Kiaras for high level content if stuns happened too often.

They can, and a Kiara's would be delightful. I test builds on standard before leveling them in a league (usually), unfortunately I wanted to take the currency that would be used for the flask and throw it at another character. With AW, stun immunity and a few passive changes, Terminus (in general) is in a place that would allow for downing harder content.
Last edited by FocusedFelix on Mar 29, 2017, 6:11:28 PM
"
Cow_Cqmmando wrote:
As a fairly novice player what stats on the skill tree should I get get first while leveling this build?

You can wait to grab all jewel sockets aside from the one to the right of Shadow (for Intuitive Leap) and the one below Melding (for Energy from Within - you can pick this socket up once you've taken CI).

I followed this level 62 tree until I swapped to CI at 68 after some Dried Lake grinding.

I'd recommend Lacerate for leveling, with a 4/5L Ancestral Warchief (considering you have a Tabula). You'll be a bit squishy until you take CI, but it makes leveling fairly quick. You could honestly level with whatever you want and wait to take Brutal/Fatal Blade until you're closer to the level 51 req for Terminus.
Last edited by FocusedFelix on Mar 28, 2017, 6:28:53 PM
For some reason, I sometimes just stop in the middle of the fight.
"
Hiksoff wrote:

That's Flicker for you - you could have stun immunity, 5 frenzy/6 power and you'll randomly come to a stop in the worst situations. Desync is old news for basically every build in the game, but Flicker will still rubberband and teleport you occasionally.

I tried to mention something about it near the start of the guide, but I don't know if it was clear: if you, or anyone else, thinks it should be more clearly stated as an issue with the skill, I'll happily push that info.
"
FocusedFelix wrote:
"
Hiksoff wrote:

That's Flicker for you - you could have stun immunity, 5 frenzy/6 power and you'll randomly come to a stop in the worst situations. Desync is old news for basically every build in the game, but Flicker will still rubberband and teleport you occasionally.

I tried to mention something about it near the start of the guide, but I don't know if it was clear: if you, or anyone else, thinks it should be more clearly stated as an issue with the skill, I'll happily push that info.

Will it work out? I'm still 55Lvl. Should I continue to pump? It's just that I liked your build the most and I do not want to create a new character.
not work link to where the passive tree
"
SinnersCrown wrote:

Both the link in the original thread and the one posted in the comments are working for me: if anyone else is having issues, please DM me as a reminder and I'll crank out poe.planner links as well when I get the chance.

"
Hiksoff wrote:
"
FocusedFelix wrote:
"
Hiksoff wrote:

Will it work out? I'm still 55Lvl. Should I continue to pump? It's just that I liked your build the most and I do not want to create a new character.

Yep! It's an issue that every Flicker build comes up against at one point or another. If you like the skill, then absolutely stick with it.
"
SinnersCrown wrote:

Both the link in the original thread and the one posted in the comments are working for me: if anyone else is having issues, please DM me as a reminder and I'll crank out poe.planner links as well when I get the chance.

"
Hiksoff wrote:
"
FocusedFelix wrote:
"
Hiksoff wrote:

Yep! It's an issue that every Flicker build comes up against at one point or another. If you like the skill, then absolutely stick with it.
Hello,

I have a tip. Try using Shaper's Touch gloves!

Based on your screenshot, switching to Shaper's Touch will give you:

30% increased ES
+644 accuracy rating
44% increased physical damage

Resulting in a nice little dps increase and better accuracy.

Since your gloves are only 135 ES in the first place, switching to Shaper's Touch won't really affect your total ES pool - infact I think it may increase your total ES pool.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info