[2.6 SC] Severian Omnislash - CI Bleed/Poison Terminus Flicker [Videos]

(ooooooo You can finally give meaning to an Edge of Madness!)

Hey guys! Felix here with a build centered around the recently buffed unique 2h sword, Terminus Est.

This weapon allows us to completely disregard the frenzy charge requirement of Flicker Strike with enough crit. For this reason, Assassin is the go-to choice. Poison and bleed give single target oopmh, and the continuous Flickering means no more stopping to restock on frenzy charges for single target scenarios, boosting boss DPS and survivability considerably.

Videos

Pros
Spoiler

+Extreme clear speed, it is a Flicker build after all
+Constant frenzy generation
+Poison
+Moderate life pool 7-9k ES
+Instant ES leech
+NO GEM SWAPS! :) My biggest issue with the standard crit dagger Flicker was the need for another skill. When I tried Lacerate, the single target damage was noticeably worse when not making considerations for multipliers like Conc Effect

Cons
Spoiler

-No stun immunity (unless you have Skyforth's)
-Flicker does have some issues with desync
-Puts you in dangerous situations often
-It can't run the typical Blood Magic/phys reflect maps

TLDR: Flicker has crazy clear speed, but is volatile and unpredictable most of the time. On top of that, this build is designed for SC and mapping specifically: no stun immunity, no layered defenses, etc... I've treated it as a clearing build and it takes up to t15 smoothly.

Required Unique/s
Spoiler

While Voidheart isn't necessarily 'required' it will GREATLY improve QoL until you complete your Uber Lab. More on that in the tree discussion

Passive tree:
Spoiler

Level 90

Is used to grab the Shadow leech, and well as power and frenzy charges to the right of the Shadow start. This gives a final total of 6 power and 5 frenzy charges.

Bandits: Kraityn - Oak - Alira

Ascendancy:
-Deadly Infusion>Toxic Delivery

Grabbing Deadly Infusion first allows the build to hit crit goals early, leaving the poison scaling for endgame. I delayed doing Uber Lab until 85, and only had small issues on single targets with high HP on t13+. Voidheart allows you to make up for not having quite as much DoT quality with quantity, and helps get you over the hump until you get your 7th and 8th points. It can be omitted, but doing so will reduce your single target damage.

DPS:
Spoiler

Charges only

Charges w/flasks and Vaal Haste

The Skill (RRRGBB/G)

Flicker Strike is a movement skill that teleports you to a target in range. If no target is chosen, it randomly selects another enemy in range. Its cooldown can be bypassed by spending a frenzy charge, which is where the unique property of Terminus Est comes into play - high crit paired with Multistrike means you're getting frenzies faster than you can spend them.

5L:

6L:

Alternatively, you can swap

for

as it can be a pain to hit the required colors on a high ilvl ES chest.

Melee Splash can be swapped for Melee Phys on pure ST encounters if you're feeling min/max-y

Links
Spoiler

Each 3L has an additional socket for you to fill with whatever you want. If you have a 5L or 6L Terminus in addition to your chest, you have more room to play and these will change for you:

-(BBBG)

While you do get power charge generation from Unstable Infusion, once your crit hits a certain point, you'll be losing your 6 charges fairly frequently. Orb of Storms is there to keep you capped in every situation. Dropping it on a pack before going ham is easy to do and keeps things running smoothly - the PCoC gem and the Terminus effect turn Orb of Storms into a charge battery.

Ice Golem fills out some accuracy and crit.

-(RRRG)

Standard CWDT setup with Vaal Haste to benefit from Inc Duration.

-(RGRB)

Leap Slam for movement linked to Fortify - Vaal Disc is optional

-(RBBB)

This build relies on Warlord's Mark for leech, and Discipline is a given. I originally used Vaal Lightning Trap over Enlighten (which is not necessary at all) but Vinktar's shocks making it superfluous. It can still be useful to apply shock when the flask is not up however.

Gear:
Spoiler

Current Gear:

Notes:
-Primary stats are ES, accuracy, flat phys, crit multi and whatever stat bonuses you can squeeze to meet the required str and int amounts. As an Assassin, crit chance is not necessary on your gear

Flasks
Spoiler

I always point out that I'm not going to tell you guys how to roll your flasks, but here you're definitely going to need both a flask of Staunching and Heat. This is an added light to spells Vinktar's I stole from my Mjolner character, but you definitely want a phys conversion, or an added light to attacks, if you have the choice. Atziri's Promise gives us more chaos damage, Lion's Roar adds an additional link to Flicker, and a Stibnite is used to protect you on pure single target fights where you'll be Flickering in the same general area for an extended period of time

Jewels:
Spoiler

This build takes four jewel sockets: two are for Energy From Within (Melding cluster) and Intuitive Leap (tree efficiency), that leaves two for you to play around with. These two aren't particularly great, but hopefully give you an idea of what you're looking for:
-Damage
-Melee damage
-2h Melee damage
-Crit/crit multi with the above
-Damage over time
-Attack Speed

Everything else shares the same priority. Note that area damage modifiers do apply to Flicker thanks to Melee Splash

Thanks guys! Good luck with the build, and, of course, if you have any question feel free to message me here or in-game.
Last edited by FocusedFelix on Mar 28, 2017, 6:03:03 PM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2017, 9:06:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/13- Added Springs and Estuary clear
Optimized tree pathing for 8% more ES @lvl 90

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by FocusedFelix on Mar 13, 2017, 4:27:25 PM
As a fairly novice player what stats on the skill tree should I get get first while leveling this build?
Hiya! Just stumbled over your build while lost in the world of YouTube. I'd love for you to check out my Terminus Est Flicker and see another idea (FeelsSlayerMan). I like what you did with your build but I do worry about being stunned. Have you thought about a Kiara's Determination Flask?
any thoughts on which socket you put energy within, all I am getting is the 3% buff from it, nothing buffing from nodes.
Edit: Sorry in advance for the long post, I just kept adding to it as things occurred to me.

Might be just me, but if your build needs only one 6link and you want 3r1g2b wouldn't it be much better to get a 6linked Terminus Est and a 4/5 linked high ES regalia? Easier to get the colors and so much cheaper.

Also, your tree isnt really optimized. You use 7 points to get 30% ES from unnatural calm. Could use those to get 12% from the one node near witch start and the remaining 6 points towards Foresight for another 32%. Resulting in 42% ES instead of 30%. I know we lose some recharge rate and max lighting res but for 12% ES it might be worth it?

Another thing is Added Chaos in the Flicker setup. Why not use Melee Physical Damage? We scale physical damage and almost no chaos damage. Both scale poison so by using melee physical we gain a ton of hit damage which results in more poison damage. The increased damage also results in higher bleed damage as only physical damage is used for that.

And everytime I see a Flicker build I have to find a way to use Arctic Armour with it as Flicker Strike counts as a stationary skill we always have the phys/fire damage reduction active. I am currently using an Enlighten 3 for Blasphemy and Discipline plus a "+2 mana gained for each enemy hit" jewel and have taken the "4% less mana reserved" note near CI. At the moment it is working out nicely, but will have to test in endgame how the mana situation looks then.

And finally the Orb of Storms setup. It is nice to have but there is a better alternative imho. If we don't have full Power Charges all the time, that only means our crit chance is already very nice. But there is a 4-5 link setup that will triple our single target killspeed. Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Bloodlust - Melee Phys on full life - conc effect. That is a far superior use of the sockets in my opinion.

And if somebody insists on a power charge generator, I would advice to use Cwdt(1)-Blade Vortex(3)-power charge on crit(20)-increased critical strikes(20). This way we don't have to cast anything.

"
foster21 wrote:
any thoughts on which socket you put energy within, all I am getting is the 3% buff from it, nothing buffing from nodes.

Put it south of the melding cluster of course. It will convert the %life of that cluster into ES.

"
Vashseden wrote:
Hiya! Just stumbled over your build while lost in the world of YouTube. I'd love for you to check out my Terminus Est Flicker and see another idea (FeelsSlayerMan). I like what you did with your build but I do worry about being stunned. Have you thought about a Kiara's Determination Flask?

Yes, I would take out the Quicksilver and use Kiaras instead. Use Leap Slam for movement, no need for a Quicksilver imho. I just hate getting stunlocked and would even sacrifice a damage flask for Kiaras for high level content if stuns happened too often.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 23, 2017, 7:55:27 AM
any thoughts on improvements? not sure what i might be
doing wrong
"
foster21 wrote:
any thoughts on improvements? not sure what i might be
doing wrong

What exactly is the problem that makes you think you are doing something wrong? On first glance the two obvious problems are the low ES on you chest and Warlords Mark not linked to Blasphemy. Are you constantly casting WM yourself? Without the leech from Warlords Mark+Blasphemy this build will be very hard to play.
appreciated, not sure wtf i was thinking but blasph+ warlords is where its at as far as defense is about. Thanks
Last edited by foster21 on Mar 24, 2017, 2:07:01 AM
"
foster21 wrote:
appreciated, not sure wtf i was thinking but blasph+ warlords is where its at as far as defense is about. Thanks

Glad to hear it. Add me ingame if you have more questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info