[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
livejamie wrote:
Spoiler
"
Therrinian wrote:

I've changed the tree a bit, managed to make it a bit more efficient here and there, replaced devoto's and saffel's saved a lot of gem links, stats and added +1 power charge by getting specific corruptions on gear, changed the links to incorporate cast while channeling blade vortex significantly to boost charge generation. while maintaining 100% chance to hit shaper. A meta crafted ring surpassed even the insanely rare elder romira - shaper mark combo in DPS, especially given the fact that you would have to use an abyssal jewel to trigger EE which give much less damage due to the kind of jewel required. I've also added a wave conviction cwdt and made sure it can expose dual elements to maximize damage.

It's more of an endgame version of the build that is better suited for endgame content. It's significantly more expensive, but this league the difference is much less, caster gear is relatively cheap.

Thanks for your answer! Does Blood Rage/Frenzy Charges mess up the EE setup since they're cold? Or are we assuming that Cyclone will hit first every time?

TL;DR: yes but np.

In the event that blood rage does generate a frenzy charge your EE is messed up, but immediately after 0.13 sec it is restored. But the important thing is that this will only happen on packs, where your damage instantly blows apart everything, so the rare case of having a frenzy charge for 0.13 sec does not factor into your clear speed. And its a great and efficient buff on bosses and rares where you need your damage the most.
Last edited by Therrinian on Aug 12, 2019, 5:43:13 AM
"
alfadian wrote:
hi guys im new here i just want to ask why pob cant calculate my discharge damage? here is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/wJHees2w im currently using Therrinian build

Discharge is a usually not a skill you can cast often enough to calculate DPS. It's almost completely based on how many charges you can generate in as little time as possible. Also PoB does not take into account the fact that our discharge is not 100% dmg with self cast but only 65% dmg when it is triggered.

To calculate your DPS in PoB:

Fix Discharge when triggered and Mjolner buff.
Spoiler

Add the following text in [items]--> double click [mjolner]-->[edit].

35% less damage
100% increased damage
750% more damage

The 35% less is actually listed on the Discharge gem but you can put it anywhere.
The 100% increased is listed in Mjolner but PoB doesnt know when to use it.
The 750% more must be your attacks per second with cyclone, if your APS is less than 7.5 you must change this value accordingly.

Set number of charges.
Spoiler
You must then calculate your average charges per discharge.
This requires some statistical analysis based on gear, attack speed, enchants, number of max charges and blade vortex stacks. You could just use 'max charges' but real values will be less. You can count charges after each hit for yourself with normal(no skilgem) hits and calculate an average.

Fix wave of conviction double exposure.
Spoiler

If you are also using a 2nd cwdt with wave of conviction with Exactly equal fire and lightning damage then bosses/rares will be exposed to 2 elements, PoB cant handle this. You can select exposure to 1 element, and you need to manually set enemy res for the other element to -25%.

Fix Vinktar's shock.
Spoiler
If you are using a spell damage vinktar's you must do a similar item text edit as with Mjolner but add 10% more damage (vinktar shock is only 10%).

After all this your discharge's average hit will in fact approximate your true DPS.

I've confirmed this with a Minotaur DPS check, dividing his total life by the time to kill.
Hope it helps.
Last edited by Therrinian on Aug 12, 2019, 5:44:59 AM
"
alfadian wrote:
hi guys im new here... ...here is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/wJHees2w im currently using Therrinian build

I've checked your build and it looks nice, you did seem to sacrifice a lot life nodes, but that might just be a leveling thing, in the mean time you could remove a jewel socket or perhaps the nodes towards arcanist's dominion, If you can make it work without it.

I recommend dropping the Rotgut flask for an experimenter's quicksilver flask of adrenaline.

However I realized one big issue with your setup, your APS is at 7.83, this is out of sync with the internal cooldown of Mjolner + the cooldown reduction from your belt, thereby wasting part of every other proc. Replace your jewels to not have attack speed and make sure to have at most 7.5 APS, anything higher will lower your damage significantly.

Lowering your attack speed to 7.5 APS will give you a very noticeable damage increase.
I hope you enjoy it.
Last edited by Therrinian on Aug 12, 2019, 5:48:05 AM
"
Therrinian wrote:
"
alfadian wrote:
hi guys im new here... ...here is my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/wJHees2w im currently using Therrinian build

I've checked your build and it looks nice, you did seem to sacrifice a lot life nodes, but that might just be a leveling thing, in the mean time you could remove a jewel socket or perhaps the nodes towards arcanist's dominion, If you can make it work without it.

I recommend dropping the Rotgut flask for an experimenter's quicksilver flask of adrenaline.

However I realized one big issue with your setup, your APS is at 7.83, this is out of sync with the internal cooldown of Mjolner + the cooldown reduction from your belt, thereby wasting part of every other proc. Replace your jewels to not have attack speed and make sure to have at most 7.5 APS, anything higher will lower your damage significantly.

Lowering your attack speed to 7.5 APS will give you a very noticeable damage increase.
I hope you enjoy it.

Would you mind taking a look at mine?

I feel very tanky but my Damage seems kinda low still?

Spoiler

I really miss the Berserker and Inquisitor versions of the past, especially with Indigon. :(
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

Would you mind taking a look at mine?

I feel very tanky but my Damage seems kinda low still?

Spoiler

I really miss the Berserker and Inquisitor versions of the past, especially with Indigon. :(

I've noticed you have some really sweet gear, corruptions and 4 stat jewels and all, really well done.

There are two things you can change to up your damage.

1) You could use a lot more levels, the divine judgement cluster adds nearly 10% more damage. Drop the jewel socket by shaper and re-path 3 nodes near minion instability, the jewel socket there provides more damage. and eventually get amplify also. Also finishing the scion life wheel should make things smoother.

2) I'm currently at 691% inc. damage to discharge in total, you are still only at 540%. But the last 150% inc damage might come at significant expense.

Besides that just make sure to keep your arcane surge and flasks up, and pop Vaal RF on rares. You should be melting T16's without much trouble.

Good luck with your Discharger :)
Last edited by Therrinian on Aug 14, 2019, 6:41:51 AM
There no gloves and helmet in the store with these corruptions. So the only way to get one is buy the cheapes, link and color it then pray for the good corruption. Am i right?

The most expensive part of the build is: coloring the chest. After 1500 chrom, i give up. I use Cyclone, Blade vortex, Cast while channeling, Infused channelind. And put a Fortify to the fifth link, becouse is red.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dehogyde/characters?characterName=workowertime

The ApS on character screen(in game) and the attack rate in PoB is the same stat? Becouse my is 5.1 and 5.55. Why is different?
And how do you get these high aps? I have Versatility and Born to fight like you. No attack speed from your jewels. The only source is the faster attack gem. Only the gem does 2 attack per sec? Or i miss something?

Last edited by Dehogyde on Aug 16, 2019, 9:01:44 AM
Hey guys. Didn't manage to start Legion this league to decided to start clearing up my stardard characters and stash tabs!!

I've consolidated 4 seperate temperate leagues worth of Mjolner Jugg gear onto one character, I think I've chosen the strongest gear but I'm left with two choices.
1. use the Flow Unthered and an APS jewel to reach 9.01 APS with cyclone with 5.6k life

2. Use a +1 endurance charge belt lower APS of around 8 and hit 6k life

Does the extra endurance charge outdps the increased APS, both setups are single spell Discharge, I'm used CODT Wave of Conviction and a 6 linked King's with curse on hit ele weakness

Many thanks for any pointers
Hi! this build is still viable? i will try to play it in new league, can i be effective with that build? i really like tanky builds with mjolner!)
Hi, i have 7.46 tooltip cyclone APS, but when EO is triggered, my APS raised to 7.59, is it normal?
P.S. In pob i have also 7.59 APS...
"
Therrinian wrote:
"
alfadian wrote:

I hope you enjoy it.

alright thanks for the advice. is 7.58 APS is enough? or should i lowering it again?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info