[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

has anyone been able to take the uber elder down these build?

hey there
I've just started with my marauder und was looking on the gems and I've got a question
on the boots you have linked Righteous Fire with Elemental Focus and Burning damage.

Why Burning damage? Thanks to elemental focus we shouldn't even cause Burning or did i got something wrong?
Really liking the build so far, but I am looking for some way to increase my dps as some others have posted incursion can be a pain and some Bosses can take soemtime to kill any tips on how to improve on that even a small amount would be great. I am not using righteous Fire yet is that the only option besides jewels?
Back on the subject of using cyclone against bosses that require quick mobility to dodge stuff.

I've practiced on yellow elder, and I am realizing that cyclone is not the only problem I have. It seems that seeing things that telegraph mechanics is complicated by discharge filling up the whole area with fire. If I could see what's coming, I could end the cyclone possibly fast enough to get away in time.

The only reason I can do yellow elder deathless is the skills are less powerful. Otherwise I still had the problem of not shield charging in time and taking some heavy bleeds or getting frozen. With red elder I guess I'm going to die a few times, which I suppose is ok if I'm not trying to level.

The only thing I can think of to help might be an alternative discharge skill effect that isn't so busy.
Is there anything like that?

Edit: I see that there is a "flare" discharge effect, but the video of it doesn't make it look any better. Does anyone use that one and like it?
Last edited by shrunn57 on Jul 15, 2018, 2:58:21 PM
"
shrunn57 wrote:
Back on the subject of using cyclone against bosses that require quick mobility to dodge stuff.

I've practiced on yellow elder, and I am realizing that cyclone is not the only problem I have. It seems that seeing things that telegraph mechanics is complicated by discharge filling up the whole area with fire. If I could see what's coming, I could end the cyclone possibly fast enough to get away in time.

The only reason I can do yellow elder deathless is the skills are less powerful. Otherwise I still had the problem of not shield charging in time and taking some heavy bleeds or getting frozen. With red elder I guess I'm going to die a few times, which I suppose is ok if I'm not trying to level.

The only thing I can think of to help might be an alternative discharge skill effect that isn't so busy.
Is there anything like that?

Edit: I see that there is a "flare" discharge effect, but the video of it doesn't make it look any better. Does anyone use that one and like it?

How about using Concentrated Effect support? It will make discharge aoe smaller so it will be easier to see what is going on.
I got used to fight bosses with it. At some point i started noticing all the telegraphs of bosses under the glorious discharge explosions. But before that Concentrated Effect support helped a lot.
Last edited by mutiv on Jul 15, 2018, 3:57:58 PM
This has been one of my favorite builds since I started playing. Once you're geared right it is one of the most balanced builds as far as defensive/offensive capabilities I've played. Very tricky to build but, I' have my APS where it needs to be and actually had a tip that I don't know if will be useful or not. Rather than CDR belt I'm using an abyss with high life and res with jewel for cold damage with some more flat and life. It freed up a spot on ring for different mod. Think mine's an opal now with str/int/ife/all res and flat phys. It seemed to help quite a bit being able to take more life with the belt I had available.

Also, in the original post, is the mod priority for jewels in order of what scales damage the best for ALL elements or specifically lightning damage focus with Arc being our go to now for more AOE? Also, with that in consideration would it be better to take +16% Lightning damage over flat spell damage? Would the increase be enough to end up with a higher number from the loss of fire damage?

I'm not sure if you can see my current jewels but, was I also rolled some with Lightning Damage over say... spell dmg with shield or spell dmg.
"Stay a while and listen."
Last edited by theshwartz on Jul 15, 2018, 4:17:41 PM
done uber elder
died once :(

the fight it's a pain in the ass tbh
"
theshwartz wrote:
This has been one of my favorite builds since I started playing. Once you're geared right it is one of the most balanced builds as far as defensive/offensive capabilities I've played. Very tricky to build but, I' have my APS where it needs to be and actually had a tip that I don't know if will be useful or not. Rather than CDR belt I'm using an abyss with high life and res with jewel for cold damage with some more flat and life. It freed up a spot on ring for different mod. Think mine's an opal now with str/int/ife/all res and flat phys. It seemed to help quite a bit being able to take more life with the belt I had available.

Also, in the original post, is the mod priority for jewels in order of what scales damage the best for ALL elements or specifically lightning damage focus with Arc being our go to now for more AOE? Also, with that in consideration would it be better to take +16% Lightning damage over flat spell damage? Would the increase be enough to end up with a higher number from the loss of fire damage?

I'm not sure if you can see my current jewels but, was I also rolled some with Lightning Damage over say... spell dmg with shield or spell dmg.
as long as the % is the same, % ele/spell/lightning will all affect arc the same. So taking spell or ele will just be better since they contribute to all of discharge as well. For flat damage over % increase, honestly PoB is your answer. Just look at it on a per hit basis,that will still tell you which will end up with more damage since neither of those changes would affect the hit rate of the build.

If I had to throw a blind guess, this is a spell build so flat damage is likely going to do a lot less, since spells have a lot of flat to begin with. If you want more flat the best way would probably be to just get more charges via corruptions.
Excellent.ty.
"Stay a while and listen."
"
How about using Concentrated Effect support? It will make discharge aoe smaller so it will be easier to see what is going on.
I got used to fight bosses with it. At some point i started noticing all the telegraphs of bosses under the glorious discharge explosions. But before that Concentrated Effect support helped a lot.

I just gave that a try, and honestly I can't tell the difference.

I still wonder if "flare" effect is somehow better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info