How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

I've played ssf since beta and this is the first time its felt reasonably rewarding. I even got a shavs the first week and I've been trying to get one of those for years. Three divines though so far and I've only made it worse.

Outside of that the league stones have been where I've seen the greatest rewards, even stacking white stones and farming normal zones. 4 keys, 1 exalt, 3 divines leveling three characters into the 80s. Regals are still a chore to maintain and exalts/divines are still way out of reach for even regular ssf play. The regals hurt the most because its the only way to roll decent maps as ssf.

the hardest part for me is missing those opportunities like having essences worth corrupting to go because i have no essences of corruption.

or running out of vaal orbs.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Cataca wrote:

Both of those are pretty "easy" to come by if you put in enough effort. Most importantly, the build works without either of those, it is just a huge upgrade if you do get them.
yeah essence stones give a ton of essences

there are also stones that explicitly give corrupted essences (only two uses) and high tier essences
"
vio wrote:
the hardest part for me is missing those opportunities like having essences worth corrupting to go because i have no essences of corruption.

Yeah that's me. I usually have enough essences of corruption, but this league I'm struggling. I currently have ONE to play with. Maybe I need to spam Essence Leaguestone in Dried Lake for a while =/
Timezone: GMT +10 (Australia). CASUAL player but I play whenever I can.
I think in general, this league and SSF is all about making the most of your resources. If you have a great leaguestone, say multi chayula breach, it might be best to save them for something like high level zana maps, or a unique maps. (though zana maps would be better, pack size does affect breach density)

If you get a multi essence, essences are higher level stone you most definitely dont go in there unless you have 10 essences of corruption on hand, in the best case scenario of all of the essences beeing worth corrupting.

It might be hard to hold off, and feel unrewarding to play with "filler" leaguestones, but definitely more rewarding long-term. And SSF is all about the long-term. (and also keep in mind that the "filler" leaguestones at the very least have some of the best league restricted uniques.)
"
Cataca wrote:
If you get a multi essence, essences are higher level stone you most definitely dont go in there unless you have 10 essences of corruption on hand, in the best case scenario of all of the essences beeing worth corrupting.

Wait up.. are you saying it's possible to corrupt an essence mob more than once i.e. use more than one remnant of corruption on it? If so, that's something I never knew!
Currently building a scorching ray cwc firestorm. Enjoying it a lot but still thinking about lab traps so much that I'm finding it hard to get excited about anything in HC anymore. For all the massive improvements that were made to the game during my hiatus, it feels like the lab just ruins everything for me :(
"
systemdown wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:

Wait up.. are you saying it's possible to corrupt an essence mob more than once i.e. use more than one remnant of corruption on it? If so, that's something I never knew!

No, you can only corrupt an essence once. But some essence leaguestones guarantee two essences per map, in adition to them beeing higher level.

If they are scorn/misery/envy/dread they can upgrade to the corruption only essences.
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/pathofexile.gamepedia.com/d/d5/Essences.png?version=04d25abf2ea2220d05be3f20aa2cc17a

In my experience "has higher level" also gets a fair bit more of those essences, hence targets for corruption. Thus, i'd personally not run those leaguestones without sufficient remnants.

Sorry if i was beeing unclear.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Currently building a scorching ray cwc firestorm. Enjoying it a lot but still thinking about lab traps so much that I'm finding it hard to get excited about anything in HC anymore. For all the massive improvements that were made to the game during my hiatus, it feels like the lab just ruins everything for me :(

I cant imagine HC beeing fun in your situation period.

It is hard to outplay the game, if you are always a few moments behind what is actually happening.
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 9, 2017, 9:44:47 PM
"
Cataca wrote:
No, you can only corrupt an essence once. But some essence leaguestones guarantee two essences per map, in adition to them beeing higher level.
In my experience "has higher level" also gets a fair bit more of those essences, hence targets for corruption. Thus, i'd personally not run those leaguestones without sufficient remnants.

Sorry if i was beeing unclear.

Ah no worries, thanks for clearing that up. Glad I hadn't been missing some vital piece of information regarding essence corruption, all this time since Essence league! That would truly have been an epic fail on my part.
"
Cataca wrote:
pack size does affect breach density

Do you have a source for that?

No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info