[2.6] Oro's Flicker has never been stronger

Level 90.
Trying to see how far I can take this build.
Uber Lab possible using molten strike.
I did Atziri with flicker alone (but highly recommend switching in Faster Attacks + Molten Strike (replace Melee Splash + Flicker)

Regularly run t9-t13. Bosses are usually nbd. I have run into mana problems though the jewels that grant mana on hit do help a lot.
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Single target is horrible

Get the taming
For the people who want to try this build i had the smoothest lvling ever.

First go with stormcloud then go with the upgraded version the tempest (and rush to primval force and forces of nature)

After you hit 30-40 ish get the cauteriser (upgraded limpsplit) and then all the way to Oro`s. didn`t had a hickup with this route. 2 days hit 67 for oro`s verry nice lvling

have fun and thank you for the build guide!!
Does the damage seem kind of low to other people? Maybe it may not be fair but comparing it to my Starforge Flicker Strike character the damage seems not as strong, but it does attack much faster. I'm around level 83 and fighting essence monsters or bosses does take a bit longer. This is especially the case because the maps I'm in are only like Tier 7.
Level 91 here, I'm destroying most of the bosses (Kaom in T15 has a lifespan of 5-6 seconds for exemple). Some can still be very dangerous, aka the fucking goatmen in Gorge that can easily one shot you with his slam.
What's your dps tooltip on flicker stricker ? Maybe you should consider switching for molten strike for bosses if you don't take them down quick enough.
Essence mobs are a bit random. Sometimes they're a joke, and sometimes they're like a fucking nightmare to kill, but I guess it's the downside of a melee character against them (bad combination of AoE mods on the essence monster and bye bye).

If you don't have enough mana to sustain flicker strike with Fire Pen + Anger, buy one or two jewels with +2 mana on hit, it helped me a lot.
The jewels really helped out. I have 2 that are +2 per hit and seems to do the trick. I currently do not run anger. I run grace + flammability at the moment. The tool tip of my flicker is 4-6k depending on flasks/frenzies. When comparing to my slayer/starforge flicker he was at 10k but he didn't flicker with as much style and couldn't flicker infinitely on a boss either.

I decided to go with Avatar of the Chase. That being the case my attack speed with onslaught and 7 frenzy charges puts me at 13 attacks a second. As I make my way to a 6th link I'm not so sure if I should be going for 5r 1g or 4r 2g, last link either being leech, faster attacks/culling strike.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by corrozu on Mar 26, 2017, 10:30:37 AM
"
corrozu wrote:
The jewels really helped out. I have 2 that are +2 per hit and seems to do the trick. I currently do not run anger. I run grace + flammability at the moment. The tool tip of my flicker is 4-6k depending on flasks/frenzies. When comparing to my slayer/starforge flicker he was at 10k but he didn't flicker with as much style and couldn't flicker infinitely on a boss either.

I decided to go with Avatar of the Chase. That being the case my attack speed with onslaught and 7 frenzy charges puts me at 13 attacks a second. As I make my way to a 6th link I'm not so sure if I should be going for 5r 1g or 4r 2g, last link either being leech, faster attacks/culling strike.

Any thoughts?

Anger is really nice and you should take it as soon as possible. If you are struggling with mana you can get Essence Sap with a cluster for max mana. Avatar of the Chase is nice until you get better flasks. Vinktar's, Taste of Hate and/or Atziris will take the place of your ailment flasks so you will need to respec to Avatar of the Veil(immune to all ailments, ele dmg, speed and dodge is almost on par with Chase). Also you will not be sustaining Onslaught on Bosses which is quite bad while with Veil you will always have phasing making it a no brainer on what to get.

For the 6th link I've experimented for the past few weeks and if you plan on running T15 and above you should be with 5R 1G. The 6th link should be used either for Fortify or Leech depending on the situation. For example if I lose my frenzy charges before going to a Boss I swap out flicker with Cyclone and Splash with Life Leech which does wonders. Without the Boss being able to stun you(thank god for Cyclone) and with the nice leech with vinktar's/atziri added with emberwake for the nice stack-able ignites you will melt bosses without a sweat.
Made a video to cover some basics and changes I made to suit my play style
http://plays.tv/video/58dac2623c14a76a86/im-bad-and-should-feel-bad-

My gear:
"
Sxing wrote:
"
za6i9ka wrote:

Does the taming and emberwake combo work?

Guys anyone have any tips for my singletarget?

Look at my gear it might help. Using taming, ember wake and for 6L use chance to ignite.
Nice build!
One question
In what order should i spend the ascendancy points?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info