[3.24]g00fy_goober's EleBuzzsaw Deadeye (Easily Clear All Content) *REVAMPED AGAIN*

"
Acapulo10 wrote:
Hey dude i like the build a lot but i am stuck and she keeps getting one shot for nothing by random crap what am i duing rong cheers mate ;-)

Can't see your characters, no idea.
Hey Goofy.

Thank you very much for the build, it's my main in Incursion and I really enjoy it. You're not promising too much, it's great!

One little word about the relevance of attack speed: Currently I'm using a self-found 320 eDPS 2.00 APS claw and I was about to invest 10ex to get a 400 eDPS 1.84 APS claw, both Imperial, both tri flat damage. And I was really surprised, that this would have lowered my average damage in PoB significantly. With and without active Diamond Flask. It seems that speed is even more relevant than you already wrote...
Is vaal spectral throw worth using? Is its damage decent? Worth using just for map bosses?
dacamell, I use Vaal ST a lot! Esspecially for Bosses, Architects or shortly before opening Strongboxes. Damage is great...
"
Aphasmayra wrote:
Hey Goofy.

Thank you very much for the build, it's my main in Incursion and I really enjoy it. You're not promising too much, it's great!

One little word about the relevance of attack speed: Currently I'm using a self-found 320 eDPS 2.00 APS claw and I was about to invest 10ex to get a 400 eDPS 1.84 APS claw, both Imperial, both tri flat damage. And I was really surprised, that this would have lowered my average damage in PoB significantly. With and without active Diamond Flask. It seems that speed is even more relevant than you already wrote...

Yes once your pushing dps and high level and fully geared, attack speed (and crit for that matter) change dps numbers like crazy.

"
dacamell wrote:
Is vaal spectral throw worth using? Is its damage decent? Worth using just for map bosses?

Some vaal skills are incredibly awesome now and do a lot of dps etc etc. Vaal Spectral Throw I feel is one of the more disappointing ones as its not super fun/godly/qol. That being said there is downside to using it. We are not starved for hotkeys and it doesn't take up a gem slot now, so there is no reason NOT to use it.
nice
I seem to be able to get away with a single life flask atm. Would it be worth running oak anyway, or just keeping a 2nd life flask on my belt for safety?
Maybe one day GGG will realize we don't like Labyrinth. ha.

Any tips on gearing? Playing HC and I probably will die since I have less than 5k hp but my dps isnt great either. I know my claw is garbage but in HC nobody is selling good claws...

http://poe.trade/search/onahohihorisih all terrible EDPS compared to what people are selling in SC
"
coolchrisTV wrote:
I seem to be able to get away with a single life flask atm. Would it be worth running oak anyway, or just keeping a 2nd life flask on my belt for safety?

Previously I always used to run 2 life flasks. However more and more I would find myself (when needing life flask) just spaming and double chugging health pots and such anyway.

I have been using a single life flask and an ETERNAL one with 50% increased recovery on it. It recovers 2500 life over 2.7 seconds which to me I like better than the instant ones. Having 6k life and only getting not even 1000 life back always felt prty bleh.

So my advice would be to run with 1 life flask and use some other utility, wise oak would be ok, or even a defensive jade one or w/e.
Hey there, I'm back again. Just giving some of my thoughts on the recent gem changes to the build.
Ancestral Protector
Personally, I don't enjoy using Ancestral Protector as the attack speed is pointless if you're out of mana so quickly and the extra "meat shield" isn't really ever capable of reliably taunting harder enemies, mainly bosses. Through my experience, the Lightning Golem actually taunts better than the totem.

In it's place, I find either Enlighten 4 or a Culling Strike to be the better choice.

Enlighten 4
Enlighten 4 increases the mana pool by about ~50 (which has better flow of mana cost and mana leeched/regened). The 50 extra mana allows me to cast spectral throw continuously one extra time, which subsequently allows me one extra attack's time to gain back that mana used, making the flow much more smooth rather than occasional* disconnects between attacks when mana is used faster than leeched/regened.

*During my playtime with this build, I've experienced numerous moments of disconnect where you cannot cast a spectral throw somewhere in your spamming due to lack of mana. Making it just a little clunky, but the above is a workaround for this issue. I guess Gemini Claw can also solve this issue, but that's another topic.

At the end of the day, It's a very small QoL change, but it makes a huge impact when you think how often you run out of mana in maps where the pack size or density may not be optimal.

Culling Strike
Since Culling Strike works with golems, I mainly use this during endgame bosses. There's not much to say about this. Killed at 10% HP is 10% more damage.

If you are able to purchase a Legacy Atziri's Acuity, I think it works really well with this build.
Legacy AA Setup with Capped 95% Critical Strike Chance
https://pastebin.com/n6A3NfNq

Thanks for reading,
Heide
Last edited by HeidePoE on Jul 20, 2018, 6:53:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info