[2.6 Raider]Ultimate EleBuzzsaw (Easily Clear All Content U-Lab/U-Atziri/Shaper etc)

Current list of changes coming in 3.0
😿

- Adders Touch crit multi nerfed from 60% to 30%
- Heartseeker crit multi nerfed from 40% to 30%
- WED gem changed to elemental damage with attacks support (works same way) but nefed from 40%-59% to 35%-54%
- Added Lightning damage received a 20%-30% buff to its damage (SUPER good now)
- Yugul Minor god pantheon power gives 20% reduced reflected damage taken!
- Old Bandit rewards gave 40 life, 1 skill point, 1 frenzy charge, current bandit (alira) gives 15 to all res, 20 crit multi, 5 mana regen/s. There is no further bandit rewards yet, but there is supposed to be and I believe it is for the charges.
- New rare items (for us, gloves/boots) can roll with hybrid armor/life, evasion/life, es/life mod. So if you min/max you can get much higher life rolls now.
- There is also more mods that can roll on things such as weapons rolling increased poison damage (and a few others) so technically some mods will be harder to get and gear will be slightly harder to find.

CONCLUSION: Most of the stuff is the same. Crit multi was nerfed a little bit, gem was nerfed a bit, u lose oaks +40 life, but gain 15 all res, and 20% more crit multi. Also gain 20% reduced ele reflect damage taken. Build is largely unchanged for the most part.

Intro
When I look for "Top Tier" in a build I have many requirements that must be met. I want a build that can clear ALL content (maps/shaper/lab/atziri + ubers etc). It must be FUN and ENGAGING, not cost an extraordinary amount of currency, and have "starter gear + upgradable end game gear viability. On top of this it must have fast movement or move skills and not have to worry about any mechanic issues (such as running out of mana, dying in one hit, not lacking in single target or clearing etc etc.

All in all finding a build that suits me and has all of these things can really be a tall order to fill. Luckily I have perfected my spectral throw ele buzzsaw build. A lot of these ideas are not original I just tweaked things perfectly to fit me. Hope you all enjoy!

Pros
Very fun and engaging build to play
Spectral Throw MTX (buzzsaw or reaver) both look excellent!
Very fast pace build
Incredible movement speed with whirling blades
One of the best AOE clears in the game hands down
Amazing Single Target capabilities as well
Vaal Haste + Vaal Haste take it yet another step further
Ascendancy class gives free frenzy charge on hit AND on kill
Power Charges easy to generate for crowds and single target
Vaal pact + insane damage gives ridiculous amounts of leech
Can Clear almost all map mods easily (except no leech, ele reflect)
Able to do all content (all maps, atziri + uber atziri, all 4 labs, shaper and guardians)
Phasing on your character makes him look badass
Nice defense capabilities
Easy/Cheap to gear with room for lots of improvements as you get more currency

Cons
Ele Reflect maps are NOT possible
Can not leech maps are NOT possible
Can be moderately expensive to fully end game gear
All leech is ele dmg so any physical leech from tree/jewels/gear does not work

Quick Leveling Guide

- Spectral throw can be used to level the entire way through. 4 Link it when you can with added lightning damage, LMP (GMP when you can), and lightning penetration. Can also use WED instead of lightning pen if you want but I suggest the penetration.

- Use any 1 hand rare weapon with the most flat ele dmg on it. Crit/Attack speed don't matter much at this point though I hate slow weapons personally. Base does not matter at all here either. Claws, Swords, Daggers w/e is fine while leveling.

- For armor pieces (helm/chest/boots/gloves etc) just try to get a good amount of res and any life you can.

- Use a mana flask until your mana leech is good enough to sustain your skill. Especially for boss fights in which you will run out of mana quickly. For awhile I do not even use herald of ice, only wrath just to give me more mana. Don't really start using Herald of Ice until I stop using mana flask mostly.

- If it is not the start of a league elreon jewelry while leveling is wonderful. Along with your normal leveling uniques such as: Goldrim, wanderlust, tabula etc.

- Use normal leveling uniques if not at start of league: Tabula/Goldrim/Elreon Jewelry. Weapons just find rares with ele dmg based on your level. Also Wake of Destruction boots are great for leveling. They give you 1-120 lightning dmg to attacks, 15 movespeed, and life on kill. Absolutely great to level with.

DPS/Defense

DPS In hideout with just Auras/Golem:
dLk9nJx

DPS with 8 frenzy + 3 power charges
e21cAFx

DPS with full charges + vinktar + atziri
PUsB6JJ

DPS on SINGLE TARGET with Slower Projectiles swapped for GMP:
g9DKlrv

How Point Blank works:
EMca7fD

Defense screenshot:
k4cP1Li

Gear
Current OP gear on legacy league. You don't need to get this min/maxed for build at all.

Gear breakdown & Stat Prioritization

Helm
Rat's nest is really the only choice here. Highest global crit the better. Crit, attack speed, move speed. Only thing missing on this baby is life.

Weapon
Dagger is required for this build. Can use swords to level as well, but as we go dagger nodes, dagger is needed in the end. Swords can increase ur attack speed but will lower your all around crit. Trust me when I say your attack speed with already be through the roof and dagger and higher base crit is MUCH more important.

Stats: High lightning dmg > High Fire/Cold dmg > Attack Speed > Crit > Crit Multi. Your first "mapping" dagger should be dual ele dmg with crit + attack speed. Upgrade later on to HOPEFULLY Tri ele dmg with 1.7+ attack speed and 8%+ crit. Crit multi is very hard to get with the 5 other mods you need and it will cost you a LOT.

Shield
Lycosidae is truly a great shield. It's stats are not to spectacular but it gives you 100% chance to hit. This allows you to not have to get accuracy rolls on your jewelry and even then you still only have like 92% chance to hit or so. Your res will be easily capped with gear/tree so you don't lose out very much by using this low level unique.

Chest
Belly of the beast is just the best option here. Try to get 40% life they don't really cost that much at all. Huge amount of life and some all res along with awesome gore.

Gloves
A good rare pair of gloves is best here. You can use some maligaro's to up crit and attack speed if you want, but a good rare pair does a LOT more for you. First try to get a good pair of gripped gloves, the bonus projectile damage scales really well.

Stats: Gripped base > High Life > Attack speed > dual res's > flat lightning dmg > flat fire/cold dmg

Boots
Good rare pair of boots is the best option here. Whirling blades is used for 99% of your movespeed. So in actuality movespeed on boots matters little if at all. I like to get a bit just because if I click to pick up item or something I move normally for a second or two. You can get a split base evasion/armor or evasion/es and try to get a good intel or str roll as well. Two Toned base is also a good idea for even more res.

Stats: High life > Tri Res > Evasion > Movespeed

Belt
Another Good rare piece is the best bet here. Easy to get remaining resistances and super high life. Strength on this would be a bonus for your red gems like fortify/reduced mana/Inc Duration and would give you even more life.

Stats: Highest life possible > Finish Resistances you need > Strength > Flask stuff

Jewelry
Jewelry is to fill out as much dmg and the rest of ur defensives as you can. Really good pieces can get really expensive. The good thing is that with belly + rare gloves/boots you should already have a good chuck of your resistances filled out. A lot of my jewelry still has accuracy rolls on it which are meaningless. Diamond Ring base for rings are best (get res ones if you need them, life one also good) Str/Int base for ammy would be best.
Stats: WED > Life > Any remaining resistances > Crit/Crit Multi (Ammy only) > Flat lightning damage > Attack Speed

Jewels
Jewels should ALWAYS have life % on them and then w/e dmg mods you can get. You can also get any stats/res you happen to need but you should already be maxed with the gear that you got. Some good mods on jewels would be projectile damage, attack damage, crit multi, crit multi with one handed weapons, attack speed with daggers, attack speed with one handed weapons, attack speed with daggers. To me a perfect jewel would be something like: 7% life, 12% projectile damage, 8% attack speed with daggers, 18% crit multi with one handed weapons. Start with good 3 mod jewels, life + 2 dmg ones. Upgrade later if your rich or you lucky exalt last mod.

Gems & Links

Body Armor 4L Setup (use for leveling): Spectral Throw > LMP(GMP soon as you can) > Added Lightning > Lightning Pen
5L add Weapon elemental damage
6L add Inc crit strikes
*NOTE* Swap in slower projectiles for GMP on single target kills when needed for map bosses, atziri, shaper, guardians, etc.

4L Setup: Whirling Blades > Faster Attacks > Fortify > Reduced Mana
4L Setup: Orb of Storms > Power Charge on Crit > Inc Aoe > Culling Strike
4L Setup: Minion Life > Wrath > Lightning Golem > Slower Projectiles (just easier than swap)
3L Setup: Curse on Hit > Assassins Mark > Herald of Ice/Thunder
3L Setup: Vaal Haste > Vaal Grace > Inc Duration

Flasks
Vessel of Vinktar is the huge one here. Just a glorious flask all around. Personally I use lightning pen over flat added lightning damage to ATTACKS but I never really crunched the numbers to figure out which one is best.

Crit Chance with Diamond Flask
In general your crit chance should be between 75%-80% based on your gear. With Diamond rings and better INC crit strikes gem should be even higher. Here is a nifty little table that explains it.
2wpaZxp

No No Map Mods
- Ele Reflect is by far the worse. Single mobs with ele reflect make sure to pop vinktar and you will be fine
- No Leech is impossible as well
- No Regen maps are possible just make sure not to whirl all over as you will run out, Low Regen maps are just fine.

Enchants
Gloves - NONE! Gripped Gloves implicit is best you can get. If you do not have Gripped gloves then get w/e you want.

Boots - Leech is a good option here and probably my favorite. Cannot be stunned is also a good one as is the regen. Best offensive one is the extra attack/cast speed but really is not needed to me. Pick whatever you like.

Helm - 40% ST Damage is BiS. 25% from merc is ok, would really go for 40% though. Other ST ones are not good, do not get them.

Bandits

Oak for +40 life
Kill All for +1 skill point
Kraityn for +1 frenzy charge

Ascendancy Points

Way of the Poacher > Avatar of the Slaughter > Quartz Infusion > Avatar of the Veil

The argument can be made to go for free onslaught instead of the phasing buffs and I would disagree with it completely. I love onslaught, its great but onslaught 90% of time is going to be a waste, you do not need more map clearing speed or damage as you kill everything instantly anyway. I would MUCH MUCH rather have the dodge + spell dodge, phasing (which just looks awesome), and the 40% inc ele dmg. The biggest point here which I love though is the elemental status immunity while max frenzy charges. You are at max frenzy charges like 95% of the time and it makes you immune to shock, ignite, and most importantly chill/freeze INCLUDING CHILLED GROUND MAPS!

Videos
T13 Casual Gorge Run - https://youtu.be/9fuCLGyencw
Uul-Netol Breach - https://youtu.be/oH60kKaKiMQ
T16 Minotaur - https://youtu.be/c1GTEvB9KwQ
T16 Chimera - https://youtu.be/AnBtxlXXAhw
T16 Hydra - https://youtu.be/okQTCIGyqhU
T16 Phoenix - https://youtu.be/0u0I5ypFG0o
Uber Atziri (how to almost fail an uber run) - https://youtu.be/vp01kB5WOII
Shaper (how to almost fail a shaper run) - https://youtu.be/IsjamDjkjkU

FAQ
Why does my damage feel low? The most likely answer is probably because of skill gems. The last few levels on the gems add a HUGE amount of damage as well as quality on all the gems. 21/20 gems are even better. For example the increase from level 20 to 21 on added lightning damage and wrath alone is a huge chunk of damage. Also the higher the ele dmg on your weapon/jewelry the more ele dmg stacks.

Why don't I have enough Str/Int? For level 21 wrath you need a whopping 159 intelligence, and for a level 20 fortify you need 111 strength. The tree gives you a good bit but you have to be mindful of what you will need on the rest of your jewelry/belt/boots. Try to get a good base for your amulet that has either str, intel or a mix of the two. A good strength roll on a belt would also be great.

I don't like this, this, or that with your build. Do I have to do it? 100% Absolutely NO. This is a build that I tweaked specifically to fit me. Do to you what feels right and looks good for YOU. You are the one that has to play it and enjoy it. Trust me when I say if you change your damage by a few hundred or even a few thousand or swap your defenses around it will not make or break the build.

Herald of Ice vs Herald of Thunder Personally I use herald of ice as when monsters shatter (which is like always) it does an aoe effect, this aoe effect curses other monsters. Where as for herald of thunder only curses monsters that the lightning bolt comes down and strikes on. Technically lightning damage will stack a little bit better with your damage due to lightning penetration but the damage difference is not much. Also PERSONALLY I think the aesthetic appearance of herald of ice looks way better

Why do I keep running out of mana? At low levels you WILL run out of mana. Either use elreon jewelry if it is not start of league, or just run a mana flask. Once you get the mana leech node in the big leech wheel and a decent amount of damage you shouldn't really run out anymore. Also make sure you have primal spirit on the tree picked up it gives you a lot of mana!

Dagger Vs Foils Vs Claws So most of this is personal preference. Now in 3.0 with adders touch dagger node getting a huge nerf to crit multi, the other weapons are much more on par. Claws may actually become my favorite. The damage difference between any of these is pretty miniscule now and any of them will work. However claws seem to be my new favorite, and this is for 2 different reason. 1.) The implicit of life gained on hit + mana gained on hit (if you get proper base) will allow you to run no leech maps. Even besides no leech maps, it gives you bonus life/mana on hit which is great. 2.) Soul raker gives you mana + life leech while using claws and saves you 3 extra points on the tree. Personally I will be going claws in the future.

Hope you all enjoyed the guide and it allows some players to enjoy the game even more. I will be playing this build primarily through legacy league and will be updating it as I go. If you have any questions or thoughts feel free to post as I will keep an eye on the guide consistently and update it as I go.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Jul 21, 2017 9:04:44 PM
Last bumped on Jul 22, 2017 9:22:58 AM
Looks interesting! Gonna keep my eyes on this build :)
This is pretty close to what I have on my PoEplanner tree right now, except I wanted to try to build around Wild Strike and dual Hands of Wisdom and Action. Think it could be viable?
"
Completed 12 ChallengesArnseb wrote:
Looks interesting! Gonna keep my eyes on this build :)

Feel free, its a build I have enjoyed the most with this game so far!

"
This is pretty close to what I have on my PoEplanner tree right now, except I wanted to try to build around Wild Strike and dual Hands of Wisdom and Action. Think it could be viable?

HOWA are wonderful as they are right now. I know GGG said they would hold off on nerfing until they change their poison/double dipping and other changes as well. I do not know for sure what is going to make it into 2.6 and what will hold off till 3.0 but its pretty safe to say that sooner rather than later HOWA will not be as good as they are now. Other than that I can not say, cross your fingers and hope for the patch notes :)
Thanks for posting this.. I wasn't sure what I wanted to run with the new league. Had a few possibilities, but nothing I was in love with.

Wanted something along these lines, liked your requirements for a build.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Thanks for posting this.. I wasn't sure what I wanted to run with the new league. Had a few possibilities, but nothing I was in love with.

Wanted something along these lines, liked your requirements for a build.

Glad you like it. Ya I can be very picky when it comes to a truly good build. I just want some of everything :)
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Feb 28, 2017 7:16:31 AM
Hello,

Very interesting build, thanks for your work.

Just a question, i saw this in the 2.6 manifesto :

"Daggers now have a lower implicit value. This will also apply to already-existing dagger implicits. Previously daggers granted 40%, 60% or 80% increased critical chance. These values have been changed to 30%, 40% and 50%. This is to reduce the impact specific base types had on weapon choices, and lower the power of the standout critical caster weapon base type."

Is there a inpact for your build ? The 10% crit decrease is significant ?

Thanks you,

Ulren

Might be playing this as starter and switch to ES/Int and 2xHOWA later
Thoughts on going CI with Aegis Aurora? added elemental damage with energy shield replenish. with enough accuracy could u ignore the current shield u have?
Requesting you use the URL feature and redo the links to your skill trees.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info