[3.7]g00fy_goober's Ultimate EleBuzzsaw Raider (Easily Clear All Content)

"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Also dropped the life/mana leech nodes in the giant leech circle at bottom and picked up mind drinker in shadow area instead for the mana leech. Same amount of leech, but now you get bonus mana along with it, and mind drinker is now ATTACK damage leeched as mana and not physical dmg.

Hmm, so we drop 0.8% life leech and only keep the 0.4% from the blood drinker? Is it enough? I'll wait for your tree... :)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Seems like it'd be a pain in the arse to level.
Twitch.tv/Snatat
Last edited by snatat on Mar 1, 2017, 8:13:59 PM
"
caecusum wrote:
Would you mind posting your in-progress 2.6 tree via a poeplanner.com link in the interim before the official tree is updated? I'd really like to take a look.


Of course! First post is fully up to date now with the new tree. That new WED wheel though is so drool worthy!

"
Jadran wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
Also dropped the life/mana leech nodes in the giant leech circle at bottom and picked up mind drinker in shadow area instead for the mana leech. Same amount of leech, but now you get bonus mana along with it, and mind drinker is now ATTACK damage leeched as mana and not physical dmg.

Hmm, so we drop 0.8% life leech and only keep the 0.4% from the blood drinker? Is it enough? I'll wait for your tree... :)


That is correct. I can not be absolutely sure, will have to test with new league but it should be fine. Most of your leech comes from vinktar and the 20% lightning leech. For all the trash mobs and map bosses and such .4% should be just fine, if not ill have to rework a few nodes. I do not see it being a problem though.



"
snatat wrote:
Seems like it'd be a pain in the arse to level.


It really isn't ive leveled with spectral throw many times. The damage is really good even at early levels. As long as you have a 3 link of added lightning + spec throw + lmp. Even minor ele dmg on a dagger/sword turns out to be prty good. Also use a herald or two while leveling and its plenty of damage.

Of course if you would rather level as something else feel free. Bows were buffed so something like split arrow ice shot would also be pretty viable.
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Mar 1, 2017, 8:59:44 PM
Great looking build with the new ele changes to the tree. I'm also wondering about leveling as touched on in the above post. Damage per hit does seem insane early on with all the proj damage nodes, but Spectral Throw just feels weak mechanically before LMP, due to the narrow throw vs large pack sizes. At first glance, Frost Blades looks like it might be the way to go (seeing as it's the only other proj gem available to Ranger at the start) until we get LMP after Brutus. Thoughts?
Last edited by rAx on Mar 1, 2017, 10:54:33 PM
Hey i was thinking of using this as a starter and i was wondering in your opinion when you should go for ascendancy and if you have any neat leveling tricks except for lmp at the start.
"
rAx wrote:
Great looking build with the new ele changes to the tree. I'm also wondering about leveling as touched on in the above post. Damage per hit does seem insane early on with all the proj damage nodes, but Spectral Throw just feels weak mechanically before LMP, due to the narrow throw vs large pack sizes. At first glance, Frost Blades looks like it might be the way to go (seeing as it's the only other proj gem available to Ranger at the start) until we get LMP after Brutus. Thoughts?


You can most certainly level with anything you prefer. EK isn't bad to start, flame totem helps some I you want... I always liked freezing pulse a lot myself. However level 1-8 is like 5 minutes of playing. LMP is level 8 so I really can't see it mattering. As stated above though, level with what you feel most comfortable doing.


"
Tobbeavenger wrote:
Hey i was thinking of using this as a starter and i was wondering in your opinion when you should go for ascendancy and if you have any neat leveling tricks except for lmp at the start.


Ascendancy's are great and super helpful but I do not do them until I am geared and sure that I can handle them. Im usually about 3 acts further alone before I go back and do the previous lab as the level is much higher on them. For example In normal I run through the whole game w/o lab or trials and get to a2-a3 cruel then I go back, grab the trials and do normal lab which ends up being a breeze. Id rather wait a bit and blow through lab then risk struggling and dying and having to start over. I do cruel lab in merc a3 then I just hold off till im decently geared and blow through merc lab when im at maps and then ubers whenever I got the gear to do so. Normal + Cruel labs are the big ones.

As for leveling tricks there's not much its pretty straight forward. I don't stop to kill every monster I see but big packs should always be taken down. So when on the docks, or warehouse district or whatever round the mobs up. As ST hits on the way back as well big packs with herald of ice and such die faster than single targets. Start running to next area, congregate a group of 15+ monsters turn around and blow them up and keep on moving.

Besides that level just like any other char, look for upgrades when you can. Pick up EVERY rare dagger/sword and just keep using one with most ele dmg. When you seem to hit a wall see if you can upgrade ur gear on poe.trade. Picking up lycosidae early is the best bet so your attacks never miss.
What about 1-2 videos? :)
This build looks like exactly what I am thinking of doing. Great guide write up, very well done.

Quick question... How well does this perform for U-Lab farming? A buddy of mine and I had a plan for currency farming where he would spend time flipping currency, and I would spend time blitzing uber lab runs for early game currency gains. So can this build fit that bill? I haven't played ST since before ascendancies were introduced, and looking to play it again.

I was gonna do classic EQ Jugg for U-Lab farming, but then GGG turned Earthquake into something more along the lines of Nerfquake.
Is dagger better to use over foil with ST in general?
"
niqx87 wrote:
What about 1-2 videos? :)


Hopefully will add a lot more in next league. Videos, shaper/atziri, dps screenshots, new best in slot gear and not just thrown together etc etc.

Will have to wait though, got some other videos of a guy who did a guide very similar to mine and he has all the videos up. If you want to see those let me know :)


"
Savorrow wrote:
This build looks like exactly what I am thinking of doing. Great guide write up, very well done.

Quick question... How well does this perform for U-Lab farming? A buddy of mine and I had a plan for currency farming where he would spend time flipping currency, and I would spend time blitzing uber lab runs for early game currency gains. So can this build fit that bill? I haven't played ST since before ascendancies were introduced, and looking to play it again.

I was gonna do classic EQ Jugg for U-Lab farming, but then GGG turned Earthquake into something more along the lines of Nerfquake.


Thanks, guide write up took a bunch of edits to tweak things, but got there in the end!

As for uber lab farming it is one of the best ive done. Now personally I absolutely hate the lab and try to run it as little as possible. However with Slower Projectiles instead of GMP, you kill uber izzaro in like 1 second. Its very fast and efficient.

"
Tenzhi wrote:
Is dagger better to use over foil with ST in general?


I would say absolutely. The foils are great and can roll the same mods, tree is very slightly different (sword nodes instead of dagger ones). However the biggest issue is foils get super fast attack speed and lower crit on the bases. Attack speed on daggers is already completely insane and is plenty fast enough for me. Can whirl from one end of a strand run to the other in no time at all. That being the case I would much rather have a higher base crit on dagger with slightly lower APS then vice versa.

To me crit wins out every single time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info