[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

"
Stinkving3r wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm slightly confused with the build at the moment. At first we see uniques such as below are listed:

helm -> rats nest / starkonya's etc
main hand -> doryani's
shield -> chernobog's
impulsa's for armour

Then later, it changes completely....

main hand -> cerberus limb
hubris circlet for shield
spirit shield
covenent for armour

Which one is the CORRECT one to follow? It's misleading because of two potential variants and not sure which is viable and better to use? also the gem setup for each differs and thus the requirements for dex / strength etc.

Could someone please verify which is the correct one to follow? It's my league starter and it's difficult to focus on getting a specific item, getting the attributes required / links etc.

And if both are viable, please give a breakdown of the gear to aim for for each, with gem setups for defense, offense, crit etc etc etc etc.

Thank you

Well the build changed a lot with this season because I adapted it more to the current meta. All those uniques chernobog’s, rat‘s, starkonjas have been used in the old version when the build was life / mana basef with MoM.

Now the build is mainly based on life / es - what also means the gear changed a lot. Try to get on all gear as much life / es possible. I always give you a lot of different gearing options... you can find the setup which suits you best or you just follow the setup I use.

The endgame setup is imo the one with the covenant body armour with EB & MoM which are used to solve all mana problems in combination with Pious Path. With the Covenant body armour you no longer need EB & MoM but you need a enlighten lvl 3 to be linked with all mana reserving skills. Also without EB we again can use arcane surge in our flame dash setup.

I hope this explains some things.

Bash
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Apr 5, 2019, 5:14:12 AM
"
Stinkving3r wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm slightly confused with the build at the moment. At first we see uniques such as below are listed:

main hand -> doryani's
shield -> chernobog's
impulsa's for armour

spirit shield
covenent for armour

Which one is the CORRECT one to follow? It's misleading because of two potential variants and not sure which is viable and better to use? also the gem setup for each differs and thus the requirements for dex / strength etc.

Could someone please verify which is the correct one to follow? It's my league starter and it's difficult to focus on getting a specific item, getting the attributes required / links etc.

And if both are viable, please give a breakdown of the gear to aim for for each, with gem setups for defense, offense, crit etc etc etc etc.

Thank you

All of them are viable, this is a build you can play around with quite a lot. It's why I'm using this build - I'm bad at following instructions ;)

e.g. I only ever took MoM & never took EB, I'm only running the cerberus & voidwalker boots, and because of my lack of EB I'm only using one of the auras - I've just shifted the build around to be more face-tanky at the expense of a couple of hundred thousand PoB dps that I don't currently need & could setup for quickly if I ever did.

---

Everything below is IMO and, while analysis is part of my job description, I only have a couple of seasons experience in this game:

The primary build is more DPS oriented. The current 'best' version seems to be the Covenant body armour version, if you were intent on just cut & pasting a fixed build then I'd suggest using that.

And if you are looking for pure cookie-cutter, I'd suggest saving a PoB copy of the build you're following because Bashtart keeps looking for improvements so the headline build may change from what you're following.

Gear:

Weapon (worst to best): Cerberus ~= Doryani (depends on rolls) -> multi-ex Shaper crafted

Shield: (high armour if using Cerberus & wanting survival) -> best ES rare shield you can afford (side note: IMO the Cernobog's is not great high armour shield even if you want survival)

Body Armour: ES Rare (more survival) ~= Inpulsa (more dps) -> Covenant if doing the blood magic variant

Helm: Rats Nest / Starkonja (dps & no survival) <-> High ES rare (survival) (ps. I like Eber's Unification as a halfway dps/survival helm option, but it's fundamentally worse than either - it's a compromise piece & you'd probably be better dedicating the slot to either dps or survival, nearly definitely survival)

Boots: Voidwalkers (could possibly get a high ES rare, but the freeing up the pierce gem slot while keeping pierce is really good)

Gloves: Maligaro's Virtuosity (dps) ~= Shadows & Dust (dps some survival) ~= high ES rare (pure survival) -> high ES shaper rares with useful gems as affixes (dps + survival)

Neck: anything rare with good stats -> Choir of the Storm ~= good Talisman

Rings: variable depending on how much elemental resist you need after you've collected the rest of your gear, but mark of the shaper is great if you can fit it & many like call of the brotherhood

Belt: life/es/resists, being able to get an abyssal socket or %damage is a bonus

And as I keep mentioning, there are loads of ways to shift everything... Cerberus lets you use high armour shields to stack on ES at the expense of DPS stats, Covenant mostly slots in over the standard build but shifts around your passive tree + gems.

The helm/ring/belt slots are probably most open to variation, and the weapon + shield + boots + neck are probably the most fixed slots. The gloves are sorta fixed in that anything not listed is likely to be really bad.

Part of why this build is fun for me is cos you can tinker with it... that & the map clear...
Last edited by Lakh on Apr 5, 2019, 5:16:41 AM
"
Stinkving3r wrote:
Hey guys,
main hand -> doryani's
shield -> chernobog's
impulsa's for armour

spirit shield
covenent for armour

i would go for the latest one with the covenant, it really plays well.
On helmets it is rats nest for more dmg, starkonja for survivability.

And for shield or weapon this are more of examples and also can be replaces with good rares. Specially at this build i think the understanding how it works is quite important because there are many viable ways you could go.

Generally speaking you want you res caped, good hp/es (5k+hp/2k+es is a good goal to reach), a warlords mark ring (expensive, if you can´t afford use in the cast when dmg taken setup) and a mark of the shaper. Also Voidwalker are quite important for the pierce effect without gem. Everything else is actually optional and can be some of the suggested uniques or good rares. All depending on your currency.
"
Stinkving3r wrote:
Hey guys,

main hand -> doryani's
shield -> chernobog's
impulsa's for armour

spirit shield
covenent for armour

Thank you

I started the league based on the old Life/MoM version and only recently transitioned to the Covenant pure Life/ES version recently (PoB link below). Can confirm this new version feels much nicer.

"
bashtart wrote:
Hey guys I theory crafted a bit more ... this is the Covenant version of the build which I will go for:
Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/TZbiEYMn (The Covenant Version, 31.03.2019, where wanna go in the future, without Eb & MoM for full energy shield protection)

With decent gear and lvl 93: 4,7k life, 2,6k Es --> Total ehp: 7,3k, about 1,3m Spark dps + about 240k from ligthning bolt.

Looks really promising imo.

I still have a lot of improvements to make but am crushing low red maps atm (would have gone higher but have only gotten a T14 to drop so far).

Am rocking 4.7k life and 2.2k ES and getting around 400k tooltip DPS at the high end when running around fully charged/flasked.

Current gear is below.

Last edited by rockdog2161 on Apr 5, 2019, 7:07:15 AM
Working on the build.
Found this (not using it hence; I need the few resistances I have.)

Is this not an ok ring for this build? Atleast in mid-end game? :)

My build atm:

(Saving up to get a 6L, almost there!)
Last edited by mrsarun on Apr 5, 2019, 12:25:26 PM
"
rockdog2161 wrote:
So Zealotry is superior to Wrath?

Hmm, I think it depends. I had Zealotry but switched to Wrath with a Watcher's Eye 60% increased Lightning Damage while affected by Wrath and it gives me more damage
"
mrsarun wrote:
Working on the build.

My build atm:

I highly recommend to get s covenant body armour... I used the ambu charge only because it was cheap. Yesh the ring is decent but I would still recommend a Cotb / Mark of the Shaper and a elder ring with warlord’s mark on hit.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
"
bashtart wrote:
"
mrsarun wrote:
Working on the build.

My build atm:

I highly recommend to get s covenant body armour... I used the ambu charge only because it was cheap. Yesh the ring is decent but I would still recommend a Cotb / Mark of the Shaper and a elder ring with warlord’s mark on hit.

Ok, thanks for the input, I am not that rich atm so I need to do some farm to get the covenant, but nice tips!

The ring is not for me, but still an ok one ;)
Just killed uber elder easily with a little changed version of this build, deathless run. :)
Last edited by Glithy on Apr 5, 2019, 3:42:14 PM
Just killed uber elder easily with a little changed version of this build, deathless run. :)

Edot: Double post.....
Last edited by Glithy on Apr 5, 2019, 3:42:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info