Maybe u should look at OP Ascendacy Classes instead of declaring war on Phys dmg/VP/ES, GGG...

From https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5w0ui6/chart_of_the_top_2000s_bsc_ladder_ascendancy/

Look at these stats, the distribution is so uneven it shows how terrible your balancing is when Duelist and Marauder which has sucked for so long, continue to suck EVEN MORE, it's laughable how few of the best players in league want to take the melee/armor/life classes and yet all you guys do is continue to buff anything-to-do with ranger/bow/elemental/spell casters.

Yea you can nerf hammer anything decent to the ground but guess what, take a look at why players continue to choose ranger (which you keep buffing every single dam patch) and witch and elemental offense over everything and do some real legit balancing for once.

Witch 514

Elementalist 144

Necromancer 320

Occultist 50
Templar 328

Guardian 25

Hierophant 6

Inquisitor 297
Shadow 379

Assassin 319

Saboteur 7

Trickster 53
Ranger 583

Deadeye 2

Pathfinder 238

Raider 343
Duelist 90

Champion 4

Gladiator 25

Slayer 61
Marauder 78

Berserker 62

Chieftain 4

Juggernaut 12
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Feb 24, 2017, 10:48:58 PM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 8:21:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I am not surprised when you still double dipping around with crit and all. Necromancer because of Golemancer and Animate Weapons for the most part. Inquisitor, Assassin, and Pathfinder are kinda the obvious ones. The removal of double dipping, HoWA nerf, dagger slight nerf, AoE revamp, and ES VP nerf for examples will shift the game to a very good extent.

As for Raider, that little buff turned out to be what it needed for the popularity to rise. That shows on-kill effect is not really effective or just does not do much against bosses.

BHC seems a little bit better but still bad.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 25, 2017, 12:27:47 AM
ggg never really tried to make a diverse and 'explorable' build universe

they want to attract new players (and their money) with quick wins, cheap succeess, no effort solutions

so they wont care nor fix melee because it is not the smart thing to play, they will buff the no-skill no-brain options like screen-wide AOE casters/archers and introduce more and more 'savvy' uniques like HoWA that make feel people 'smart' when they realize how stupidly powerful that item is.

people pay for that feeling even if undeserved

so do not expect this stat to even change.

how shallow this game become..
What I don't understand is how champion is always the least popular ascendancy for duelists.
Do people just accept dying all the time and therefore don't value defenses?

20% more damage and 26% less damage received alone is so amazing I even do casters with it.
Perception is reality.
Its not an issue with the classes thats for damn sure. Berserker is absolutely insane and Champion as well as Slayer are both amazing. Its more so an issue with the meta with all the double dipping shit and how ES is king. So they are working on the right things actually. And i would expect these numbers to even up quite a bit once these changes come to the game.

Raider is only like it is because its new and Free Frenzy charge gen is amazing. Pathfinder goes without saying. And Necromancer has multiple uniques that really bring that class to life.. or well the class brings those uniques to life rather. And Assassin.. Well Poison double dipping meta.. nuff said. And Inquisitor is another super strong option for Crit based elemental builds. And ALL these class's have easy access to going CI and VP+GR.

Once the adjustments they plan to make are made one of the biggest go too's will end up being Zerker because even if they move VP and add the old rate back to it if 60% of your leech is instant its still going to mean zerker can facetank everything with leech. Duelist is only because people feel like the end all be all defenses is massive pools of ES. When things like Block are one of the strongest defenses in the game and Duelist achieves max block easiest of them all. Only problem there is the power creep is so big now that damage covers defenses too much now so not sure how much the mentioned changes are going to make for that maybe 3.0 will address that.

The ES nerf isnt going to be that big of a deal so long as it still comes a with a buff the life otherwise life will still feel like shit and people will still run CI builds. It will just get more expensive to get into CI builds that push 15K+ ES unlike now where its possible to push those numbers in absolute trash gear.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 25, 2017, 5:14:44 AM
"
widardd wrote:
What I don't understand is how champion is always the least popular ascendancy for duelists.

20% more damage and 26% less damage received alone is so amazing I even do casters with it.

20% MORE ? where do u read that o.O
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Feb 25, 2017, 5:11:15 AM
"
widardd wrote:

streamers do not do it - sheeple do not follow

look at the build guides. what is important? DPS in milions and 'XXX viable'. nothing else matters

number of people that created their own builds (using their own brain and experience) is around 5% and going down quickly

the day one of the 'big cats' suddenly realizes that Taunt/Worthy Foe is bonkers - youll have the stat reversed. most 'experienced' players do not even understand that node and consider it 'thrash'
"
sidtherat wrote:
ggg never really tried to make a diverse and 'explorable' build universe

they want to attract new players (and their money) with quick wins, cheap succeess, no effort solutions

so they wont care nor fix melee because it is not the smart thing to play, they will buff the no-skill no-brain options like screen-wide AOE casters/archers and introduce more and more 'savvy' uniques like HoWA that make feel people 'smart' when they realize how stupidly powerful that item is.

people pay for that feeling even if undeserved

so do not expect this stat to even change.

how shallow this game become..

Fuck, the time when you completely agree with sid. I'll be damned.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
widardd wrote:

20% MORE ? where do u read that o.O

Have a look at Worthy Foe.
"Enemies take increased damage" acts like a more multiplier if you don't have any other "enemies take increased damage".
It was confirmed recently that it even works with totems. :)
Perception is reality.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
From https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5w0ui6/chart_of_the_top_2000s_bsc_ladder_ascendancy/

Look at these stats, the distribution is so uneven it shows how terrible your balancing is when Duelist and Marauder which has sucked for so long, continue to suck EVEN MORE, it's laughable how few of the best players in league want to take the melee/armor/life classes and yet all you guys do is continue to buff anything-to-do with ranger/bow/elemental/spell casters.

The problem with these stats is that one streamer shows a strong build and 2 million idiots just copy that shit. Marauder right now is sooo strong it isn't even funny but almost no one is using the marauder class because it's much easier to just pile up ES and grab vp than to develop a proper marauder build. I'm in love with the marauder class since closed beta and believe it or not marauders are stronger than ever, even compared to the fotm builds they are in a pretty good spot. And don't forget there are strong melee builds, strong bow builds and strong caster builds out there for the marauder class so you are not even limited to a special playstyle as a marauder. In my opinion marauder is the best balanced class we have at this point in the game!

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info