A better nerf to Vaal Discipline

Vaal Discipline

You and nearby allies gain 20% of maximum life as additional energy shield. Base duration is 3 seconds. Your and nearby allies' Energy Shield recharges are not delayed by damage.

If it needs to be capped at 1000 or 1500, fine, but at least let life and hybrid builds still get a nice little boost from it.
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2017, 9:34:53 PM
Since when do life builds actually run vaal discipline?
What Deadpeng said. Hybrids benefit more from health flasks imo.

The nerf is absolutely unnecessary. Not every CI/ES build has leech.

Once every 48 mobs you can recharge your ES. Ridiculous.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Haha. :D

Vaal Discipline is still better than any other regeneration method that life has to it's disposal. It always was ridiculous that it stacked on top of regular Discipline.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Nerf nerf nerf. You guys cut your own throat IRL too? Just don't play with it if you dont like it.

Life need a buff and lab sucks.
Git R Dun!
"
Perq wrote:
Haha. :D

Vaal Discipline is still better than any other regeneration method that life has to it's disposal. It always was ridiculous that it stacked on top of regular Discipline.

It is a good skill for emergency situations, saved me more than once :>

I just think the fact that it requires souls to use is is more than enough to keep the skill in check. Flasks you can port in and out of hideout to refill. Souls? Not so much. Fully cleared the map? SoL. 3 second base duration is also fine.

Like I said, not every ES build uses VP/Ghost Reaver. It's a very broad nerf that hurts quite a few builds who don't leech.

Oh well. Zealot's Oath Occultist the new ES meta? :D
ES was never supposed to have such powerful regenerative capabilities. It being able to recharge in combat is big enough of a bonus, imo.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Nerf nerf nerf. You guys cut your own throat IRL too? Just don't play with it if you dont like it.

Life need a buff and lab sucks.

This is not how balance works, Sir. Power creep is also not an answer. Also, you might as well use your own (dumb) advice - if you don't like new Vaal Discipline simply don't play it.
Problem solved, amarite?
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 23, 2017, 3:35:44 AM
"
Darksagex wrote:

Well benefiting from flasks doesn't preclude you from benefiting from Vaal Discipline. I guess I shouldn't have said 'life builds'. It gives the impression that I mean Marauders and Duelists that take blood magic. I meant life builds as a Templar, Witch, or Shadow that end up with 750-1500 ES. I don't think those quite rise to the level of 'hybrid', but those life builds with some ES...VD is good for them. Not as good as it is for an ES build, obviously, but it's a real, significant boost to survivability - both against bosses and during peak danger events like breaches.

Making a flat ES bonus scale off your max HP for Vaal Discipline would let the gem help the builds I describe above, while still nerfing it for CI characters.
"
Darksagex wrote:

I just think the fact that it requires souls to use is is more than enough to keep the skill in check.

This is BS and you know it. We clear mobs in half a second, the thing gets filled up faster than you can blink 5 times.
"
innervation wrote:
"
Darksagex wrote:

Well benefiting from flasks doesn't preclude you from benefiting from Vaal Discipline. I guess I shouldn't have said 'life builds'. It gives the impression that I mean Marauders and Duelists that take blood magic. I meant life builds as a Templar, Witch, or Shadow that end up with 750-1500 ES. I don't think those quite rise to the level of 'hybrid', but those life builds with some ES...VD is good for them. Not as good as it is for an ES build, obviously, but it's a real, significant boost to survivability - both against bosses and during peak danger events like breaches.

Making a flat ES bonus scale off your max HP for Vaal Discipline would let the gem help the builds I describe above, while still nerfing it for CI characters.

You would need at least 4540 HP to get the same ES bonus (908) from Vaal Disc.

The problem in my opinion isn't CI but rather Leech. You don't really have a panic button as CI if there is a damage spike, there is no "ES Flask". Unless you are an Occultist or stack a lot of regen with ZO, the uninterrupted regen is still too slow to help you in a bad situation, especially with such a short duration. Life doesn't stop regening if you take damage, ES does. Burning ground, for example.

I honestly don't see the point in it. For the future I just won't use it, still doesn't mean it has to make sense.

Maybe GGG will make a Writhing Jar Flask for ES? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info