Racist Walking Dead Shirt Pulled From Stores

God, you guys suck at beeing a Racist.

"Ene mene miste, es rappelt in der Kiste" is childsplay over here in Germany.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Tee shirt was racist against tigers, clearly. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
If the shirt is racist, why isn't the show racist too? Since the shirt is derived from the show, is it not?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
If the shirt is racist, why isn't the show racist too? Since the shirt is derived from the show, is it not?

To be quite honest, I was alarmed when I saw the show go there when it aired.

Then I just shrugged it off, nothing bad. It didn't use the original wording. But I did think at the time that it was a bad choice.

Fast forward and this is exactly why it was a bad choice.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

To be quite honest, I was alarmed when I saw the show go there when it aired.

it wasn't Glen and Abraham getting their skulls graphically bashed into mush that alarmed Europeans.... it was a character saying a rhyme which is used in the US by basically every child at one point
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 24, 2017, 6:37:37 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
it wasn't Glen and Abraham getting their skulls graphically bashed into mush that alarmed Europeans.... it was a character saying a rhyme which is used in the US by basically every child at one point

Correct.
Casually casual.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
God, you guys suck at beeing a Racist.

"Ene mene miste, es rappelt in der Kiste" is childsplay over here in Germany.

Thats not the same thing...
Reading the 1888 lyrics made me sad. But once again what version is used there? pre-1888 post 1970?

IS the guy singing it in the show a racist fuck?

You can t accuse them of being racist if you don t ask what version they refer too.

But maybe it is easier to get offended first then ask questions later.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 25, 2017, 5:46:48 AM
Any form of this commonplace and apparently nigh-universal rhyme which applies it with racist intent toward people of African descent is simply cultural misappropriation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eeny,_meeny,_miny,_moe

=^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info