Racist Walking Dead Shirt Pulled From Stores

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/style/primark-pulls-racist-the-walking-dead-t-shirt-from-stores/ar-AAnaXiW

An individual named in the article explained:

"“It is directly threatening of a racist assault, and if I were black and were faced by a wearer I would know just where I stood.’”
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 22, 2017, 8:07:41 PM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 6:06:26 PM
Maybe I'm slow but seriously... I don't get what's racist at all.

I saw the article this morning and I just don't understand what's racist about it, I don't see the logic.

well maybe

Spoiler
because he bashed Glenn's head and poped his eye out, so maybe asians can feel threatened? maybe?
"
鬼殺し wrote:
The original version of eeny meenie is pretty racist. If someone didnt get the negan reference...yeah. this was a poorly thought out design.

had to google it... now I prefer the song and want to get a shirt :(
Ridiculous overreaction. On the other hand, I couldn't argue against a ban of the T-shirt on general principle. It's pure glorification of violence.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Probably designed by a kid that has no idea of the old version. I would guess that most people under 40 or even 50 don't know.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Probably designed by a kid that has no idea of the old version. I would guess that most people under 40 or even 50 don't know.

I had to really go out of my way to get offended by this t-shirt.
I wish I could speak freely on this topic.
I'll just say this, Fuck p.c
Last edited by Grutzz on Feb 23, 2017, 7:25:02 PM
eh, I guess with old version of the song and someone not knowing the walking dead, I could see that misunderstanding coming to be.

Either way, im always for new meanings/uses rather than people holding something as offensive forever.
The fact that the song still exists modified is testament to such way, I find it counterproductive to "censor" a t-shirt that further takes the meaning in another direction. If I was the seller I would explain the misunderstanding to the person making complaints instead of outright folding. I'd say if you fold it might even be taken as if you actually think it was intended to be racist.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 23, 2017, 8:00:48 PM
The price on these shirts just went way up. You all got played. Items that have controversy associated with them always go up in value.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 23, 2017, 8:12:53 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
The price on these shirts just went way up. You all got played. Items that have controversy associated with them always go up in value.

anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info