Content Update 2.6.0 Balance Changes

"
MAD_DAN wrote:
"
Hughs wrote:
so i guess you only play in Standard, or you are a troll. So i am sure that you might know what i am talking about. You are wrong, only a very few people/builds can reach those 12K es.

Indeed, only 99% of all "shaper down deathless ez" people on youtube reached that kind of ES.

Please, enlight me and tell me how much players are those 99% of shaper's down deathless? Like 1% or less than the whole player base...
"
krilox wrote:
I'm pretty sure theres a huge revamp upcoming in many mechanics like armour, evasion, big changes to the tree and with that also mob damage, skill rebalancing and life/es changes.

It's to be expected, buffing life before an huge expansion is released in just a few months would skewer the upcoming balance, its much easier to rebalance it all for 3.0.

This is a filler league, a fun one that i'll play, but it's mostly here to buy time come 3.0.

For the people moaning about "huge nerfs" and "oh you killed x", at least have the decency to wait and see the numbers before you overreact to something. (Vaal haste was -slightly- nerfed = waaah VH is now useless). BF damage was reduced due to weapon damage going up as well.

I'm confident 3.0 will revamp everything, especially the armour/life/es/evasion balance, it just needs to be done in one go, so we'll have to wait.

Oh and shadow leech buff tells me VP is definately on the way out in 3.0 :D (Also RIP Life Leech gem 2010-2015)

tl;dr: Patience, young padawans.

of course its a filler, thats what its meant to be ???????????
IGN : Moogleinabox
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Thanks for being even dumber. It's like I'm speaking to a 5-year old. But then again, that's what confirmation bias does, I guess. You're looking at one set of patch notes, while I was talking across patch notes. If you want to actually test my claim, go look up the last, say, 5 major patches (so ending in 0 and with no letter in the code, in case you don't know what a major patch is) and read the comments. Depending on the nature of the patch - or the nature of the specific change in cases where people highlight a certain part they care about - you'll find that at least around 70% (yes, this is an estimate based on experience so don't bother accusing me of pulling numbers out of my ass) of the respondents will be complaining while only around 30% or less (most likely less, since there'll be a chunk of neutral responses too) will be praising/thanking GGG for the changes. You won't bother, of course, but hey, at least this makes for a good exercise of my patience (being able to handle 5-year olds is a useful skill, after all).

P.S.: Also, you've happily assumed that none of this affects me. Well, I suppose if it makes you happy...

Who are you again? What's with the insults and terrible attitude? This isn't a place to bash eachother for having an opinion, I haven't mistreated you with my replies I've only tried to be funny and honest. Why are you being hostile and rude? I went through this entire manifesto for you to show you my (short) opinion on every bit of it. Are you so simple that you feel like you have to be condescending to others to validate your own opinion? If you felt offended or threatened by me then you should've just told me dude.

And please, don't act like GGG always makes the best decisions and that they are immune to such flak. We're players, we play the game too - probably more than GGG thinks and if we say we don't like something we'll tell them. That's just how it is man, no need to be so hostile.

Fine. Sorry for being condescending. And no, I don't need validation. My point simply seemed rather obvious, is all. I'm hardly the first one to say it - people have been pointing out the human propensity to react more strongly to negative things than to positive since antiquity. And nowadays there's even been research conducted that backs that up. It's not a controversial thing to say.

As for GGG's decisions, I said quite the opposite. I wasn't saying they don't mistakes, rather I pointed out that there's another set of players who've been pointing out precisely an opposite set of mistakes - that of power creep - to GGG for a while now. But, as expected, if GGG try to rein in power creep, then there's a set of players who take issue with that. The playerbase is hardly some unitary (or unified) entity.

Lol makes me laugh when you see what this guy writes.. Looking at what he's achieved(profile). I believe my Grandma would be a better player and be able to achieve more. Guess going on this guys achievements LIFE base does kinda suck. Which than allows him to float around the forums more.As his toon is to busy lying around. Great personal PoE account there lol.
"
dave111 wrote:
"
4thReich wrote:

ES gear isn't so expensive, with a bit of patience you can craft yourself a good 300 helmet, a 650 chest and a 400/450 shield, with that and some passives is easy to reach 9k ES and that is more than sufficent don't be oneshoted and usually are cheap on leagues, for the rest VD and GR still works

That's pure BS mate, no offence. Maybe if you sleep on exalteds sure, but for a casual player like me it's pretty much impossible. Just yesterdays mathil spent like 100-150 chaos and 5 exalteds on freakin gloes to be "somewhat decent" fck that sht if that's cheap. Can't rly afford even a six-link vaal regalia, cuz even the shitty ones are a few ex, so with my gear i have like 4-5k ES. With that can't rly get into mapping other than maybe up to t10 if lucky enough, so there's not that much of a possibility for me to get best drops. VD was a nice boost for me cuz it gave me 8k ES instead of 4k which made mapping easier with bad gear. Now ES builds will be only for the richest, cuz we the casuals will never have the money to spend on gear.

That's not casual player,that's bad player.
4-5k ES in maps?
People have 6k with gear they found on the ground when switching to ci around lvl 67-68.
Getting items to reach 8k ES is a matter of 1 day chaos recipe farming.
From then on,investments need to be made,sure.
You're doing something very wrong.
Highest es i've seen is 31k in HO.
That's propably the ceiling now.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
dave111 wrote:
"
4thReich wrote:

ES gear isn't so expensive, with a bit of patience you can craft yourself a good 300 helmet, a 650 chest and a 400/450 shield, with that and some passives is easy to reach 9k ES and that is more than sufficent don't be oneshoted and usually are cheap on leagues, for the rest VD and GR still works

That's pure BS mate, no offence. Maybe if you sleep on exalteds sure, but for a casual player like me it's pretty much impossible. Just yesterdays mathil spent like 100-150 chaos and 5 exalteds on freakin gloes to be "somewhat decent" fck that sht if that's cheap. Can't rly afford even a six-link vaal regalia, cuz even the shitty ones are a few ex, so with my gear i have like 4-5k ES. With that can't rly get into mapping other than maybe up to t10 if lucky enough, so there's not that much of a possibility for me to get best drops. VD was a nice boost for me cuz it gave me 8k ES instead of 4k which made mapping easier with bad gear. Now ES builds will be only for the richest, cuz we the casuals will never have the money to spend on gear.

That's not casual player,that's bad player.
4-5k ES in maps?
People have 6k with gear they found on the ground when switching to ci around lvl 67-68.
Getting items to reach 8k ES is a matter of 1 day chaos recipe farming.
From then on,investments need to be made,sure.
You're doing something very wrong.
Highest es i've seen is 31k in HO.
That's propably the ceiling now.

That's not bad player. that's player without 100500 stash tabs. With only 4 tabs you have so small amount of free space. One/one and a half for currency, one for maps, half for flasks+some gear, one for chaos recipe. You don't have a spare place for trading, you can't really store your uniques for new characters. You can't really get a lot of currency if you're not investing in this game.
And ye, the thing i came for. I need to know how much Pyre converion will be nerfed.
"
TeModen wrote:

That's not bad player. that's player without 100500 stash tabs. With only 4 tabs you have so small amount of free space. One/one and a half for currency, one for maps, half for flasks+some gear, one for chaos recipe. You don't have a spare place for trading, you can't really store your uniques for new characters. You can't really get a lot of currency if you're not investing in this game.

You can argue that instead of 1 day it will take you 3-4 days of chaos recipe to get gear for 7-8k ES
if you don't have more tabs for storage.
Saying that you hit a wall at 4-5k ES and cannot get past it in an entire league because you have only 4 tabs is bullshit.
5k is drops only gear not even getting CI nodes.
Good CI gear for 10k+ is expensive in a dps focused build,but let's be reasonable.
"
TeModen wrote:

i spent 30 points to stash tabs and i am a new player. and a casual one. when i spend 3-4 hours i can make 30-40 chaos atleast. and i think with 2 weeks worth you can get a char over average. and i also think this: this is a free game, you may not have much money therefore you cant buy stash tabs but remember you are playing this free. You should be thankful for this and if you want a change you can spend 30-40 dollars for tabs and support it. Since you have a computer and internet connection to play this game i dont think you are poor and cant afford some stash tabs. if you think you need it buy it and support game if you dont want to spend be thankful and dont whine around.

I accually bought my second game after long years BF1 and it is really sad where gaming came. i just spend 60 usd to an unfinished boring game. i have to spend 60 usd every year and wait it to be complete. So these guys doing a very fine job here. They are tried to make a game which fills D2 place now they are trying to make it better. And not just that, they are giving full game with no price which is better than D2 times. You would buy one game and play it fully at older times and pay monthly to blizzard games just to play and still would need to buy game and dlc's. And for a blizzard game you would spend about 200 usd a year. for other games you would spend 50 usd at max. but still have to spend. You you can just play the game or pay for stash tabs you need and think of it as a price of game.
i hope ming's is rebalanced. its barely used anymore, and *should* be a top-tier item.
"
Zottelfisch wrote:
"
Deadbringer wrote:

my brain hurts. The map has 100% inc aoe radius from 40% . So even with your gg math,the way i see it, if i want to have 40% inc aoe (like before) i will now need 100% to have the old radius. (cleary a huge nerf) . But maybe theres some hidden genius math hidden under all that. still looks like a huge god damn nerf to all melee and a tons of builds.

Oh no right, they buff the fucking melee splash gem right ,kinda funny.

I strongly assume they will adjust the aoe values in the passive tree and on skill gem to match the new system. My assumption is, that 1% increased radius will become 2,5% increased area, so if you put 3 points for 15% increased radius now, you will then get then something like 36-39 % increased area for your three points

Edit: just read that they will just double the values..but will still be ok with other changes to melee splash etc.

It should be square as area of circle = pi * r ^ 2.
eg.1.4^2 = 1.96
The more you invest in area, you will get the same increase in area, but lesser increase in radius, as the outer part of the circle has much larger area than the inner part consider they have the same thickness.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info