Political Compass Test

I wanted to see where I actually stood, so I looked up political tests and took one answering each question to the best of my abilities.

Maybe this test isn't perfect, maybe there is a better test (Link one if you have one)

Figured it would be interesting to see how others score on this test, why not

www.politicalcompass.org

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 22, 2017, 12:06:58 PM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2017, 8:31:17 AM
And liberals keep telling me I'm a fascist

https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-0.5&soc=-2.82

edit: it's weird the picture doesn't show the same graph I had my compass was;

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
Last edited by diablofdb on Feb 22, 2017, 1:10:58 PM
I sincerely believe that the people we argue with the most will have similar scores on this same test.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
I sincerely believe that the people we argue with the most will have similar scores on this same test.

idk maybe, but I tend to think the left has gone wayyyy too far to the left
edit: how do you deal with the image 0.o

The image I get displayed if I use copy image address and an image tag is different from the chart I see on the page. Strange.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-3.25&soc=-4.97

lol

I'm mostly perceived as right-wing by some forum posters.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 22, 2017, 12:52:59 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

I feel like people that spout the typical left media talking points are actually less left on paper than they come through in forum posts.

Just like they think people who disagree with them are far right.

Maybe this can prove that we're actually all pretty alike and have common ground.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 22, 2017, 12:46:27 PM

Should be unsurprising given most of my posting, really.

---

To make this post more interesting, a short history of my red dot's movement:

Started in the red section in high school and college. I genuinely thought that people were just refusing to help others because they were evil or religious or something and just needed to see "the truth". That we'd be able to reach a utopia if just a few more people understood.

Eventually realized the problems with authoritarianism in all forms -- the unwavering determination that people have, and their resistance to oppression. Slipped down from the red section into the green section. I realized that people can't be forced to do jack shit, but goddamn I wish they would. I wish people would care about their fellow man without it being financially optimal.

Eventually realized that "financially optimal" isn't a choice. Authoritarianism can't be trusted, and capitalism (for as fucked as it is), is both the system we're currently in and the only system that can exist without force.

---

For reference in the 2016 election, HRC is about +5 auth, -1 eco (vertically high, slightly red), DJT is about +5 auth, +1 eco (vertically high, slightly blue). I'm about equally far from both.

The only shit that they could agree on was that we desperately needed more domenstic surveillance. Fucked.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 22, 2017, 1:08:14 PM
"
Bars wrote:
edit: how do you deal with the image 0.o

The image I get displayed if I use copy image address and an image tag is different from the chart I see on the page. Strange.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpoliticalcompass?ec=-3.25&soc=-4.97

lol

I'm mostly perceived as right-wing by some forum posters.

I got the same problem the image displayed in the forum is not what I got:

this is the one I ended up having: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=-0.5&soc=-2.82
I took this one. More or less the same, but with better graphics.

Kinda exact, I guess. Tho it is hard to answer such complex questions, with a 1-4 scale. There are many buts & ifs...:
Spoiler
You're on the right and libertarian quadrant of the political spectrum! You prize individualism and personal liberty above all else. You believe in private property and the free market. You tend to be patriotic but you're sceptical of the state and you find little to no value in government institutions. You believe that success depends on the individual's ability to pull themselves up by their own boot straps and take advantage of the opportunities they have. You see taxes as a form of oppression and you believe that the greatest threat to freedom is big government. You believe in a society of independent and hard-working individuals who take care of themselves. You want big brother out of your bedroom, out of your bank account, and off your property!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Manocean wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Manocean wrote:

I feel like people that spout the typical left media talking points are actually less left on paper than they come through in forum posts.

Just like they think people who disagree with them are far right.

Maybe this can prove that we're actually all pretty alike and have common ground.

idk I on contraty think they are very far in the left.... but also very authoritarian

just add some questions such as:

Do you think it's ok to censor people who have ideas that you judge dangerous and innapropriate?

Do you think some people should be prevented to talk publicly?

Do you think it's ok to use physical violence to prevent some people to use what you consider hate speech?

and boom the currents liberals answers to these question make them very authoritarian.

Edit: oh another question

Do you think it's ok for the current president to cancel the results of the elections if he thinks the next president will be bad?
Last edited by diablofdb on Feb 22, 2017, 1:10:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info