Political Compass Test

Hmm, trying it for the first time, and there are some things I wish there was a "neutral" button for.
Also stuff like: "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
while I can agree with that logically (and who defines what "progress" is?), it doesnt mean Im for one-party states. Wondering how it factors into the final result.

@Morbo: wanted to try that one for contrast, but it never loads.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 22, 2017, 2:17:00 PM
"
Disrupted wrote:
Also stuff like: "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system."
while I can agree with that logically (and who defines what "progress" is?), it doesnt mean Im for one-party states.

Yeah, I fucking hated that question. :<
I dislike talking politics or religion but I was bored so I took the test (again)

"
diablofdb wrote:
Edit: oh another question

Do you think it's ok for the current president to cancel the results of the elections if he thinks the next president will be bad?

lol, no. That would be one step away from dictatorship. Every president would think that the next one will be bad :)

@Disrupted, the site has a bunch of scripts, if you have noscript it wont load. But it's basically the same test (almost all the same questions), it just has a graph with nice labels.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

Spoiler
I'm just another Fascist.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

Spoiler
I'm just another Fascist.

Nah I think you're a Druid from D&D

you shapeshift in a bear and you do nature stuff, can't wear metal armor
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
while I can agree with that logically (and who defines what "progress" is?), it doesnt mean Im for one-party states.

Yeah, I fucking hated that question. :<

This question is quite misleading, imo. While it might look like a 1-party state would do things more efficiently because there is no debate involved, in practice, esp. in case of "bureocratic dictatorships" there is massive corruption that bogs down everything. China is one example, where corruption is a pandemic problem, despite being a 1-party state.

Then there's also the problem with ideological narrow-mindedness & bias, where politicians would ignore certain facts because they do not fit the ideology. Which leads to inneficient decisions. So you maybe save a year on debate, but waste decades pursuing inneficient theories :) Eg.: Lysenkoism
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
diablofdb wrote:

Nah I think you're a Druid from D&D

you shapeshift in a bear and you do nature stuff, can't wear metal armor

I've gotten considerably different results from different political tests. Everything from a Leftist-Fascist to a Libertarian, and a lot of stuff in between. It really depends on which questions are asked, and how those are related to the results. I don't consider myself to be a centrist. People knock the D&D alignment test, but I think this political compass test is even more garbage.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 22, 2017, 2:34:41 PM
@morbo:
Oh yeah, that's why I'd never be for it. Only if there ever came a magical super perfect ruler with absolute magical power and will to do everything with good intentions. And even then I bet some people would be discontent (especially those corrupt would try to turn the people against him).
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 22, 2017, 2:58:21 PM
Left libertarian, that's actually a pretty cool result @ coal
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 22, 2017, 3:03:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info