SSRI

"
Disterric wrote:
I cant quite discern everything that the OP is saying but I do think there may be some legitimacy to his claims.
I've been taking and trying 2-3 different SSRIs for about a year now, I noticed a massive quality of life improvement on anti depressant and anti anxiety. I was able to walk into any situation calmly, my dating life improved, stress that normally sent me into a pacing panic subsided and I was generally much happier despite the huge variety of side effects I endured from the start.

I still continued to used them because anxiety and depression are crippling. They prevent you from being your true self and it inhibits your ability to do just about everything necessary to function in society.

If there really is long term health effects that can irreversibly damage your brain I would like to see some hard facts. For most people that take these drugs, at the correct dose and using the correct SSRI they improve quality of life dramatically.

I would much rather live my life without fearing every decision or social situation I come across. Some people are just more genetically susceptible to depression and difficult life experiences throwing them into a rut than others.

If a pill can alleviate these issues by a healthy margin why not take them?

Let's just say there's a reason my first response is mockery and not debate. There is reasonable discussion to be had about the side-effects of various anti-depressants, and not every antidepressant works for everyone. It's generally good to have that talk with your doctor, and not some random nut on a forum whose primary cites are hour-long youtube videos and who is one hackneyed statement away from filling out a row on my quack bingo card. Hell, you probably shouldn't have that discussion with me, either, I'm just some random schlub with a degree from Google University who happens to be slightly less nutty. Even if you take this subject seriously, you shouldn't take the OP seriously.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Feb 24, 2017, 2:01:07 AM
"
Disterric wrote:
I cant quite discern everything that the OP is saying but I do think there may be some legitimacy to his claims.
I've been taking and trying 2-3 different SSRIs for about a year now, I noticed a massive quality of life improvement on anti depressant and anti anxiety. I was able to walk into any situation calmly, my dating life improved, stress that normally sent me into a pacing panic subsided and I was generally much happier despite the huge variety of side effects I endured from the start.

I still continued to used them because anxiety and depression are crippling. They prevent you from being your true self and it inhibits your ability to do just about everything necessary to function in society.

If there really is long term health effects that can irreversibly damage your brain I would like to see some hard facts. For most people that take these drugs, at the correct dose and using the correct SSRI they improve quality of life dramatically.

I would much rather live my life without fearing every decision or social situation I come across. Some people are just more genetically susceptible to depression and difficult life experiences throwing them into a rut than others.

If a pill can alleviate these issues by a healthy margin why not take them?

Here is one guy who is talking about such a things, including questions you have, and he has a lot of experience that gives him credibility:
http://breggin.com/brief-bio/

he wrote book about Prozac which I believe is very good start to learn more about topic through book
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/107210.Talking_Back_to_Prozac

Following web is focusing on subject with a studies. You will find who work on it and from which institutes or universities. You can always contact them and ask for credibility if you need it or information or whatever you think is important to you. This web also belongs to Dr. Breggin:
http://www.toxicpsychiatry.com/antidepressant-brain-damage

I believe that author was in one of those documentaries I linked before. In documentaries I have linked you will find out another persons with experience, doctors, and lot of psychologists with insight. You can always try to search they work or contact them. All those links are here to start somewhere if you want to and are in mood of course to learn something new about how our psyche works and subject.

There is web with documentaries which is bringing different point of view on many topics and brings insight in lecture that is hard to see in television or in media. Simply choose what you would like to see:
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com

There is one magicians from england who is making show with mental tricks: Darren Brown. One very nice part of his work is about pills and placebo effect "Fear And Faith", where with his method is able to help few people. Many of his work shows how we are manipulated. Darren has quite a lot things on topics and are presented in interesting and entertaining way. Look for more if you going to like it as its really great stuff (Experiments are pretty cool for example).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDlfhHVvTY

ps: today I have found quite interesting info, nevertheless I will have to look closer at it too, but its something new, references are on place as well. In the end we have to decide what is good for us and what is not. Its our privilege and right to decide. http://www.wellnessresources.com/freedom/articles/why_antidepressants_cause_brain_damage_breast_cancer_and_early_mortality/

Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 24, 2017, 4:27:49 AM
Interestingly I googled Dr. Breggin and got a few results from Quackwatch.

I wonder what OP's opinion of Drs. Duesburg and Wakefield are.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
And just reminded one great book from Scott Peck - The Road Less Traveled. That one is really good. Its not about brain but about psyche. Really great book. If you will have a time, get that one and enjoy it.

And also I have reminded myself Joe Marshalla. He has philosophy of life that is very easy to understand and in very easy way he explain how our brain works. Another great work from man who cares.

Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=127BR5b8Hm4&list=PLm8HWZ1lnc60QuNE30fwW5yfEdDMGBzfq
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 24, 2017, 4:28:21 AM
"
Interestingly I googled Dr. Breggin and got a few results from Quackwatch.

I wonder what OP's opinion of Drs. Duesburg and Wakefield are.

When Wakefield put her legs up on Duesburg's desk, Duesburg's eyes widened to an extent no-one had ever seen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info