SSRI

Ooh, hope you guys got your bingo cards ready, because we just hit "Do your research" and "hour-long youtube-exclusive documentary as cite". ^_^
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Ooh, hope you guys got your bingo cards ready, because we just hit "Do your research" and "hour-long youtube-exclusive documentary as cite". ^_^

If you would know what damage ssri does, you wouldnt laughing.
x
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
Last edited by Maceless on Feb 23, 2017, 2:20:55 PM
"
Rexeos wrote:
"

lol

Get back to me when you have a PharmD
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
"

lol

Get back to me when you have a PharmD

If you think somebody with PharmD or PhD knows than you are mistaken.

I repeat, never use them. If your "doctor - dealer" will want to subscribe it, immediately go to another one.

Those drugs are going to change your mood, your goals, you are going to loose motivation, memory, ability to hold and work with thoughs and much more.

to Docbp87: thats the problem, that you think authority knows better than you. Its about trust, and for sure those who subscribe it are not trust worthy, they are irresponsible and in fact they dont care.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 23, 2017, 3:34:28 PM
"
Rexeos wrote:

Those goddamn Fake Doctors!
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:

Those goddamn Fake Doctors!

I take it as a joke, good one :).

But as I am taking such things seriously: they are not doctors. Besides doctors dont know either. We know too little about brain and how it works.

Psychologists Jung for example had depression 15 years and he get out of it. He get through his shadow self and most of what he brought from that journey is valid till today and by this experience he was able to give a hand to those who was on similar condition as he was. How many doctors can say that? For sure not doctors who give you drugs. For psychological depression is no evidence or test to find out, there is something wrong with brain or it is based on physical condition of brain.

While I am sharing opinion on other topics, in case of psychology and drugs I am not only sharing, I am trying to convince all of you, who believe that some pill/narcotic will make your life better - Its not truth in any case. I am aware of cases, where people simply start to be like lobotomized, they can work, they can talk, but they miss emotions, when somebody is happy they struggle to be happy with them. And they suffer because of things like that, apathy is very common etc.

Its usually crisis of spirit, lack of love and place in world etc. People who straggle is said they are ill. No, they are not. Everybody through his life is depressed, somebody for a while, somebody longer. Its absolutely natural, its no disease.
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 23, 2017, 4:58:45 PM
Ooh, another one for the bingo card. "Doctors don't have a clue".

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "losing motivation and goals" a symptom commonly associated with depression? That thing we (quite often successfully) proscribe SSRIs for? Huh, weird.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
Ooh, another one for the bingo card. "Doctors don't have a clue".

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "losing motivation and goals" a symptom commonly associated with depression? That thing we (quite often successfully) proscribe SSRIs for? Huh, weird.

During depression you loose lot of things and loosing motivation and goals are one them (and another few hundred traits), but if you say Lack of energy to do whatever you will say the same thing and is much more accurate.

If motivation and goals returns during taking drugs, than question is, was motivation and goals present before depression? Are same? Was motivation set up by psychotherapy by talking with psychoanalytics? Or where he get impulse to do new things? Does motivation to do new staff come after solving source of depression? What was source? Is that "problem" solved and human take it as it is? ... Source of motivation and goal is never drug, but impulse from within or outside of human. I repeat, its never drug. Drugs are making man less thinking and less connecting things together, but pharma company say, he can get focused on one thing.

What you mean by "successfully"? How you measure it? What is "quite often"? Only by your own feeling. You see, man come to doctor with faith and give doctor power to tell him whats wrong with him as man in depression seeks understanding. If doctor tell disease, he starts to have another problem. If he say its normal and you start to debate about it, its much more effective. But man in depression is usually so afraid to share and tell the truth - it can take a long time till proper connection on trust appear and man with trouble start without fear of shame express himself. In that point real healing starts.

You as drug describer can never say what success is. For many it is: he feels better. What that actually means? Usually man feels better after Act, Doing, or time as time is healer itself, or when he saw movie that was related to what he is going through, or when he finally get the fuck out of those jerks who are talking crap all time and making him feel like shit. Man in depression need to know he is not alone and needs love and need to see people care about him not by telling them what to do, but trying to understand them and listen to them, talk to them and share.

Depressed man is usually surrounded by jerks, hi lives in toxic environment, in wrong conditions.

"Quit often" people usually get through a lot of diseases without any medicaments. "Quite often" has no value as proof, statistic is no proof, that drugs are source of motivation in human. Its human act, doing, what makes him feel better. How many times those people when they get across their fear feels like stone fall from their shoulder?

And one more pretty important question: did that man struggle to believe to something and now he believe, that he is not alone in the world and there are people who can count on, he can freely speak out of fear?

There are a lot of questions like that, but I never saw somebody get motivated and get goal by taking pills. Its always connected to faith and trust to some degree, to name source and feelings. Avoiding doing staff too often or too little etc.

Every doctor who describes drugs only copy paste what he was told. He can not know, he has no experience. He can have no idea what is in head of other guy. For example somebody comes and says: "I am afraid to talk to people" and other things we usually have and we are calling simply "shy". And doctor instead saying its absolutely normal, he describes him drugs. Its shallow example, but that is really happening. For many people works pretty well just to remove one habit, and his mood shifts, others are out of center to that degree, it take years, but if he uses drugs, he never find it, its impossible, he "start to live from day to day outside of present". Taking drugs solve nothing, it change one problem with another one and much more time it only bring new problems. Stigma for example is one of them.

Those doctors who are not prescribing drugs for mental "issues" are much more aware about human psyche, than dealers who prescribe that. Those are much more trust worthy, they really care.

ps: if because of loss motivation and goals somebody is described pills, that is ridicule. And if you take pills for that problem, you will not get out of it.. you will stay in fog for long long time, sometimes its irreversible
Last edited by Rexeos on Feb 23, 2017, 6:25:31 PM
I cant quite discern everything that the OP is saying but I do think there may be some legitimacy to his claims.
I've been taking and trying 2-3 different SSRIs for about a year now, I noticed a massive quality of life improvement on anti depressant and anti anxiety. I was able to walk into any situation calmly, my dating life improved, stress that normally sent me into a pacing panic subsided and I was generally much happier despite the huge variety of side effects I endured from the start.

I still continued to used them because anxiety and depression are crippling. They prevent you from being your true self and it inhibits your ability to do just about everything necessary to function in society.

If there really is long term health effects that can irreversibly damage your brain I would like to see some hard facts. For most people that take these drugs, at the correct dose and using the correct SSRI they improve quality of life dramatically.

I would much rather live my life without fearing every decision or social situation I come across. Some people are just more genetically susceptible to depression and difficult life experiences throwing them into a rut than others.

If a pill can alleviate these issues by a healthy margin why not take them?

Last edited by Disterric on Feb 23, 2017, 9:37:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info