New Unique Items in Content Update 2.6.0

love it!
"
Exile009 wrote:
Tidebreaker - People automatically think of Ground Slam and Heavy Strike (even though no one plays Heavy Strike) in relation to stun builds, but really, the only really popular stun-related skill is Shield Charge (which is not even used for its stun bonus most of the time). As such, I'm really glad this thing is a 2-hander. I'd be even more glad if someone chose to use it with the newly-buffed (from the new threshold jewel) Glacial Hammer rather than HS/GS.

Martyr of Innocence - Oro's finally has some competition! :D

Garukhan's Flight - Those boots! O.O Blood Dance has finally birthed a successor. Also, they go extremely well with the so-far-ignored http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shaper%27s_Touch Methinks int-stacking builds have had their day (especially with CI nerfs incoming) and we're soon going to see the rise of dex-stacking builds (which is great, since they'll most likely be life-based).

Edit: Oh yeah, Iron Commander builds already exist. Forgot about them. Thanks for pointing it out, ArchWizard. Further RIP Ranged Attack Totem (well, except for that weird Chieftain...thing).

they are not going to nerf CI, they said that they would balance things between CI and life, it's a total different thing
PLEASE TELL ME THE MARTYR OF INNOCENCE CAN BE VAAL'D INTO *SOMETHING* OF SIN

YOU COULD THEN USE IT WITH MALACHAI'S VISION

I'm drooling.
There's legacy item next league and you guys thinking about that new item. Think of having legacy facebreaker in your hands?!
A new set of uniques - lets have a look:

Tidebreaker:

A stun focused 2h mace. Marohi Erqi comes to mind immediately. Tidebreaker has less consistant DPS than Marohi Erqi and a little lower top end over all but has ~50% reduced stun treshhold on in (30% from the item and 20% from the Ecomc support gem it provides).
Does PoE really need another stun weapon at this point? Does it fit another roll that other weapons can't provide? Not really if you ask me personally. In terms of melee weapons we new have

- Marohi Erqi
- Calinus Malus
- Tidebreaker

which are all stun themed. Tidebreaker provides stun treshhold reduction which is much more important than stun duration and makes gearing easier (>150% stun treshhold reduction can be reached). Due to how stun mechanics work this weapon is a good stepping stone for a stun build midlevel but not the ultimate option for endgame due to limited top end damage.

Over all not BIS but a good leveling option for 2h stun builds - so good design, but not really interesting and unique at the same time at all sadly.
Another problem with stun builds those days are map mods like 50% more monster life/boss life/stun immunity/enfeeble/phys resistance/elemental resitance and the absurd high life pool of some endgame bosses which makes them nearly immune to stun (stunning endgame bosses like guardian and shaper is only possible with broken game mechanics like Necro aura support which double dips on totems and aburd dps scaling which can currently only be reached with mirrored 2h weapons or facebreakers) The fact it beeing a 2h also limits other defensive options besides stun.

Martyr of Innosence:

Seems like a weaker Oro's with the benefit of having block - really good block if you want to scale it further. So we get another 2h fire damage weapon. Now we have

- Oro's Sacrifice
- Ngamahu's Flame
- Martyr of Innosence

Ngamahu's has better damage scaling due to conversion mechanics with a build in molten burst. Oro's Frenzy charge generation provides more damage over all than Martyr of Innosence in most situations more consistantly. The staff over all seems like a weapon for a Johnny type niche build. The cannot be frozen/child is nice if you build around it but not that significant since fasks exist.

Not OP, not BIS and over all good design but nothing really new either. The DPS to spells is nice if you go CoC with it, but why would you ever do that when other much stronger alternatives already
exist?

Gurakhan's Flight:

If you are going to use those pair of boots you probably will start at the dexterity area of the tree - aka most likly going ranger/duelist/shadow. Pathfinder and Raider are already immune to ground effects so there the boots make no sense, for duelist or shadow they could be nice but only if you are facing gound effects (which you normaly avoid because of performance issues). 100 flat regen while moving seems very specific. When you attack/cast you always stand still, when you are stunned you are standing still so life regen would not have an effect.
The dex/life scaling is really low stated so only very specific dex stacking builds will consider using this item, the level requirement is also really high for the effects it provides to the player.

You need ~900 dex to mach the life gain from rare boots and than you have no additional resistances on it - so rare boots will likly always be better.

Those boots are understated and made for very niche specific builds - stacking 2000 dex could free up the life stat on other gear, but if you want to stack stats you already need specific rare gear and can go for life on it as well.

Over all the design and balance of the boots seems off and not very well done when having the current PoE in mind. There is no reason to use those boots over rare boots or other unique boots >lvl60.

Rare boots with >50dex/life/EV/movement speed/resists will outshine those regardless of investment made.
ohhhh.
Martyr of Innocence

I like this Staff alot, 7 Link Vengeance, full Block Charackter will be comming :)
I like Tidebreaker a lot For defensive/ofensive mechanics. Big LIKE
"
zugzwang82 wrote:
Trash tier uniques hype!

What are you smoking bro?
Tidebreaker - Ok, I'll give you that. It's a piece of horsecrap because it's a 2h weapon with the power of a 1h weapon - 100% pure trash!

Martyr of Innocence - This is a very solid item no doubt. A little like Oro's - not everybody will like it but it's very strong.

Garukhan's Flight - It is soooo insanely strong that I refuse to believe that you really call that a trash item. This isn't even a t1-item it is a god-tier item!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 21, 2017, 8:41:19 AM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
zugzwang82 wrote:
Trash tier uniques hype!

What are you smoking bro?
Tidebreaker - Ok, I'll give you that. It's a piece of horsecrap because it's a 2h weapon with the power of a 1h weapon - 100% pure trash!

Martyr of Innocence - This is a very solid item no doubt. A little like Oro's - not everybody will like it but it's very strong.

Garukhan's Flight - It is soooo insanely strong that I refuse to believe that you really call that a trash item. This isn't even a t1-item it is a god-tier item!

I'm just curious... why do you think the Garukhan's Flight is a god-tier item? I can't see anything good on this.
Boot Memes incoming!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info