New Unique Items in Content Update 2.6.0

The boots look like they could fit a Iron Commander build really well for that extra life and survivability from ground effect immunity.
Last edited by Pikseh on Feb 21, 2017, 2:16:49 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
Eshu wrote:
The maul is vendor trash. Low damage for a 2 handed weapon, bad attak speed.

this mace instantly becomes bis stun weapon. we dont even know the roll range, but look like it could be quite large from the description. on a stun weapon you want big high end to cause stuns, its inflicting stuns that is the problem, rather than duration.

its high end is as high as a marohi or even higher (which previously was bis stun weapon) without the attack speed penalty.

it has built in lvl 20 ecsom, so its effectively a 7L with built in 20% stun reduction as well as endurance charge generator, which then grants a decent phys damage increase (with 6 charges you get like 60% increased phys). also good chunk of int to boot.

now, I dont think it'll be more powerful than a berserker facebreaker stun or even close to it, but its a bis mace for stun builds, easily.

The attack speed penalty actually favors big hits more, especially with EQ, but this mace is excellent for stun builds. It has a good synergy with Juggernaut, but since I already have a 6L Marohi, it is not easy to replace it unless I somehow get my hands on as a 6L with good rolls.
I mean, I agree about attack speed penalty favoring big hits more, with marohi

what Im saying is this has really high end damage comparable with marohi, AND much better attack speed.

and for stuns, all you really care about is getting one stun off with a high end roll in a certain number of attacks, since stun duration isnt that hard to get and generally can last a good amount.

so I think this is a better weapon than a marohi for endgame stun builds that care about stuns more than pure raw damage. if you dont have a 6L, then its prolly a toss-up since marohi does have aoe built-in.
Delighted to say I've no immediate intention to use any of them. I might end up trying a build one is suited for, but as they seem fairly balanced I don't feel the need to slap them on half my characters.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
nice
"
grepman wrote:

so I think this is a better weapon than a marohi for endgame stun builds that care about stuns more than pure raw damage. if you dont have a 6L, then its prolly a toss-up since marohi does have aoe built-in.

At the end of the day, both weapons are focusing on stun, it is just a matter of which 6L first or which is cheaper. It is not like the difference will be night and day. If the new mace was somehow like Atziri's Disfavour in terms of raw damage while having the really high stun chance, then I can see it easily replacing Marohi, even if you have it as 6L.

Edit: I am not disagreeing with you, I am just saying Marohi is not dead just because of the new mace for end-game.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 21, 2017, 2:30:28 AM
honestly, I want more people to try stun builds, if only to get GGG to rework the stun mechanics (hopefully along with clear speed meta changes that allows for meaningful CC effects like stun).

that fix they made after kripp exploited stun left stun builds in no man's land.
"
Exile009 wrote:
Tidebreaker - People automatically think of Ground Slam and Heavy Strike (even though no one plays Heavy Strike) in relation to stun builds, but really, the only really popular stun-related skill is Shield Charge (which is not even used for its stun bonus most of the time). As such, I'm really glad this thing is a 2-hander. I'd be even more glad if someone chose to use it with the newly-buffed (from the new threshold jewel) Glacial Hammer rather than HS/GS.

i would use that thing instead of my marohi erqi in my sweep/stun heavy strike/stun build
and i would swap out heavy strike with VIGILANT STRIKE so i get a free fortitude, higher stun chance, more damage no knockback and can pay the cooldown cost with the free endurance charge!
also can drop resolute technique and get crits again.... crits may allow to reach the minimum damage per blow to stun nasty map bosses with large HP pools.

i like this a lot.

Last edited by bowle on Feb 21, 2017, 2:58:11 AM
Again TRASH unique nobody will play with good only for vendor. Ty GGG for nothing!
A KING JUST BORN !!!
I'll give you a hint guys, the boots were made for siege ballista builds ;D
Iron commander master race.
I wonder if that anchor will have unique 3d model.

I mean its base is hammer.

Guess is that you will imagine yourself as

But your weapon will be

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info