Will 2.6 improve the 2 most underpowered passive node?

"improvements to unpopular clusters on the passive tree"

Will we finally see 'Ash, Frost, and Storm' & 'Master of Force' nodes remove or change?

no one in their right mind would pick up these 2 nodes/prenode.
Last edited by Qazzi on Feb 20, 2017, 5:03:05 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 11:49:32 AM
"
Qazzi wrote:
"improvements to unpopular clusters on the passive tree"

Will we finally see 'Ash, Frost, and Storm' & 'Master of Force' nodes removed or changed?

no one in their right mind would pick up these 2 nodes/prenode.

I think the reason is that they are double dipping mods so GGG is trying to enable to the build type but not make grossly overpowered dip nodes.

Other than that I can't see any reason to take these nodes since the baseline for a damage node is 10% spell or 10% projectile generally.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 20, 2017, 5:03:59 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I think the reason is that they are double dipping mods so GGG is trying to enable to the build type but not make grossly overpowered dip nodes.

Other than that I can't see any reason to take these nodes since the baseline for a damage node is 10% spell or 10% projectile generally.

lol since when is physical damage node and elemental damage node double dipping mods
"
Qazzi wrote:
lol since when is physical damage node and elemental damage node double dipping mods

Ever since they made Bleed scale with Physical Damage, and Ignite with Elemental Damage modifiers? Meaning, a long fucking time ago?
"
Nephalim wrote:

It's more like 8%, with 12% for single element passives. The thing with spell and projectile damage bonuses is they're rarely found outside starting areas, and those points tend to be more generous.

Clusters mentioned in the opening post are perfectly fine number-wise, they just lack something extra on the major node. Maybe knockback chance on MoF or chance for status ailment on AFS.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 20, 2017, 5:29:31 PM
I think you underestimate the insanity of ignites.
U MAD?
"
raics wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

It's more like 8%, with 12% for single element passives. The thing with spell and projectile damage bonuses is they're rarely found outside starting areas, and those points tend to be more generous.

Clusters mentioned in the opening post are perfectly fine number-wise, they just lack something extra on the major node. Maybe knockback chance on MoF or chance for status ailment on AFS.

Outside of double dipping there will never be a case where this 4 point investment for 40% damage will be optimal compared to other damage clusters or defensive investments.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Maybe chance to freeze/shock/ignite and poison/bleed, respectively. And a bit more damage to boot.

edit: bearing in mind double-dip will go away (albeit not until 3.0 iirc)
Last edited by ladish on Feb 20, 2017, 6:29:05 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Outside of double dipping there will never be a case where this 4 point investment for 40% damage will be optimal compared to other damage clusters or defensive investments.

Sure, the clusters are up to standard, it's the standard that sucks.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Clicked on thread expecting "Resolute Technique".

Disappointing!
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info