Lightning Strike

Ok, I see the distinction between 'melee physical damage' and 'physical weapon damage with'. It is a bit obtuse though.
Last edited by Qabal on Dec 17, 2012, 6:41:15 PM
Does LS benefit both from Faster Attacks support gem (faster attacks with the skill) and from Faster Projectiles (increased speed of projectiles that are created after first hit)? Or is the second one redundant?

Does Fork and Chain work with LS?

Reading this thread, I've found mentions of LS not benefiting from Iron Grip passive, but wiki states "Furthermore, the damage done by the lightning bolts is considered projectile damage (instead of melee)" and IG should work then.

I'm thinking about taking RT, and then use Conductivity to get shock effect.

Thanks for any answers.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 27, 2012, 12:05:07 PM
What do you guys now consider the best supports to combine with LS? I've always gone classical with lesser or greater multiple projectiles along with added elemental damage and item quantity if i have 4L. Would stuff like fork or chain be better than multiple projectiles?
IGN: Zencker
If you're close in, then yes.
Ecspecially as, if you're really that close, you can take Point Blank to profit from more damage.
If you're fighting at range, then it's hard to hit, though it'd be a decent bonus for an extra Link.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Why even if the lightning projectiles are, forgiven the redundancy, projectiles, they travel only attached to the ground and do not cross things like bridges? It's pretty hard to hit not even considering that.
Last edited by Fordrin on Jan 7, 2013, 10:40:21 PM
LS wouldn't benefit from Point Blank OR Iron Grip because its not coming out of a ranged weapon.
Its not a matter of it being a projectile, its a matter of its source.

Also, melee damage nodes do help simply by virtue of the projectile damage being decided by the melee damage you would have done if you actually targeted an enemy and hit them.

Or that is how I've got it figured.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Jan 5, 2013, 6:25:52 PM
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
LS wouldn't benefit from Point Blank OR Iron Grip because its not coming out of a ranged weapon.
Its not a matter of it being a projectile, its a matter of its source.

A Projectile Attack is a Projectile Attack. Whether it comes from a Bow, Wand or Sword doesn't matter.
Quoted from here:
"
mark wrote:
When calculating damage for the projectiles of lighting strike, that base damage is increased by projectile modifiers, and NOT by melee modifiers, because it's a projectile. That includes the bonus from strength if you have iron grip.
It's also increased by all other relevant modifiers (lighnting, elemental, with [insert weapon type], etc.

LS' Projectiles are effected by Projectile modifiers, and Iron Grip makes Strength apply to... Projectiles.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 5, 2013, 7:18:08 PM
Yup my current build makes use of point blank, iron grip specifically for LS out of a 1h
hey i guys i'm not so good at this game but i want to workout for do better.... i need a int , how i can cast more than 3 projectiles with lightind strike ? i need less more projectile gem?..... answer me please thns :D
I Read some of the post from here, mind if any1 correct me if I'm wrong:

1)Arcing Blows & Elemental Nodes affects LS's Melee & Projectiles.

2)Nodes like "Physical Damage with Sword" & "Physical Weapon Damage while dual wielding" are both same, which affect both melee and projectile of LS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info