Power Siphon

"
Strill wrote:
"
Btah wrote:
The only thing I dislike is the animation...it's little bit too much imho to make the Lightning Warp animation every time you kill an enemy...plz give it a smaller animation :)
This is a completely different animation from Lightning Warp.

Personally I think the animation is great. I just wish it were on a skill I'd use.
when you kill an enemy the blue circle where the mob disappeared, looks to me like the area you target with lightning warp

"

Unavailable

dunno if this "mixbuild" is really viable, but you definetily supported wrong...Power Siphon is an attack an not a cast ;)
Faster Casting is not useful at all...you should use added crit damage
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Btah wrote:
"
Strill wrote:
"
Btah wrote:
The only thing I dislike is the animation...it's little bit too much imho to make the Lightning Warp animation every time you kill an enemy...plz give it a smaller animation :)
This is a completely different animation from Lightning Warp.

Personally I think the animation is great. I just wish it were on a skill I'd use.
when you kill an enemy the blue circle where the mob disappeared, looks to me like the area you target with lightning warp
Yeah the circle on the ground is the same, but the rest of it is all new.

"
"

Unavailable

dunno if this "mixbuild" is really viable, but you definetily supported wrong...Power Siphon is an attack an not a cast ;)
Faster Casting is not useful at all...you should use added crit damage
Right you are. I'll update my post.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Strill wrote:
Actually even the circle is significantly different if you see them side by side. The only real similarity is they're both blue glowing circles.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Strill wrote:
Actually even the circle is significantly different if you see them side by side. The only real similarity is they're both blue glowing circles.
When I look really closely I guess I can see that the writing on Lightning Warp's circle looks more cursive than the writing on Power Siphon's, but they're still both just empty circles with writing on the outer border and empty in the center. The only difference I can see is in what's written and the 3D effects around them.
Last edited by Strill on Feb 9, 2012, 8:22:19 PM
Power siphon's is also, bigger, less bright, rotates at a different speed, and lightning warp's has glowing points running around both the inner and outer edge of the ring that power siphon doesn't have.

Yes they are difinitely similar, but power siphon needs to be blue for the int/power charge association, and lightning warp is blue because of lightning being blue (at least in our game). and circles are a good shape for putting on the ground to mark something happening. I could ask Russell to make one of them a square, but I think he'd be angry with me :P
He already doesn't like me for wanting more curses when apparently he's run out of colours to make the effects for them.
haha they actually do look quite similar. I might change the rune on power siphon. Its currently using an altered version of the lightning warp one. However they both animate completely differently.

Heres them both frozen.

hmmm power siphon looks better as I learnt a way to fake bloom while in the making.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Speaking of which, I like the aura for the new slows target bosses. I guessed which aura it was even before I looked at it. It looks kind of "sticky" to me. The invincible allies one looks pretty good too. Hmm, I should probably post that in art section...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
The fact that it looks a little similar to lightning warp wasn't really my point anyways...what I dislike is the fact itself, that you get a kind of huge animation on every kill...I guess Blood Rage users wouldn't like a green circle for every mob they kill too ;)
Is anyone using this skill as a last-hitting style of skill, rather than with straight wand builds?

"
Qarl wrote:
Is anyone using this skill as a last-hitting style of skill, rather than with straight wand builds?

Generally speaking, it isn't exactly fun to try to keep charges active if they aren't your main source of attacks or if they don't come by themselves (power charges passive).

The 10s duration is too low in my honest opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info