Power Siphon

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.6 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 9:36:08 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:36:36 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Strill wrote:
Yeah the circle on the ground is the same, but the rest of it is all new.
Actually even the circle is significantly different if you see them side by side. The only real similarity is they're both blue glowing circles.
Power siphon's is also, bigger, less bright, rotates at a different speed, and lightning warp's has glowing points running around both the inner and outer edge of the ring that power siphon doesn't have.

Yes they are difinitely similar, but power siphon needs to be blue for the int/power charge association, and lightning warp is blue because of lightning being blue (at least in our game). and circles are a good shape for putting on the ground to mark something happening. I could ask Russell to make one of them a square, but I think he'd be angry with me :P
He already doesn't like me for wanting more curses when apparently he's run out of colours to make the effects for them.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Gafgarion wrote:
This skill is not leeching life and mana. Is this intentional? I assumed that this was an attack and not a spell.
Power Siphon is triggering both life and mana leech for me. How much % leech do you have, and how much physical damage are you dealing with power siphon?
"
Gafgarion wrote:
Thanks Mark.

I was running with around 40 physical dmg and 2% life and mana leech. When I upgraded my wand and increased to 3% mana leech I was able to see it work. Maybe it's a round issue. If the leech event would be for less than 1, does it round down?
If you would leach less than 1 life, you leech no life. Otherwise very fast low damage attacks would get significantly increased benefit from low leech amounts.
"
WiLDRAGE wrote:
One bug I found is that if you kill multiple creatures simultaneously in a single attack (with Multiple Projectiles), you will only gain a single Power Charge.
That's intended. A single action can only generate 1 charge of each type. Only very specific examples to this are allowed, for balance reasons (Enduring cry being pretty much the only one).
"
Syntastic wrote:
"
Wanted to report a quick bug: You can't break barrels and the like with this spell. I replaced it with my normal wand attack (left click) and it doesn't work, while if I use something like Ice Spear, it does.

I'm sure some spells aren't meant to break barrels and etc, but since this is pretty much an augmented wand-attack, I believe it should if this was an intended change.

It goes even further than that. If there's a barrel (or any other container that normally breaks open with attacks/spells) between me and an enemy, the barrel acts as an obstacle and stops my siphon attack.

Then insult gets added to injury when the enemy in question throws a fireball at me, breaking through the very barrel that stopped my power siphon! :P
I have made a note to look into this when I have more time

UPDATE: Fixed for 0.9.9
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 7, 2012, 12:03:32 AM
"
btz wrote:
Does +%X spell damage boost Power Siphon?
No, power siphon is an attack (hits with a weapon), rather than a spell.
The timer is very short - it's not there so you can hit them then attack with something else, it's there so that in the case where your power siphon doesn't kill something and your party member finishes it of before you can power siphon it again, you still get the charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info