Power Siphon

There is one additional way of obtaining Power Charges; the unique armor Voll's Protector grants 1 Power Charge when you Critical. Regardless, I'm fairly certain they're planning a new skill to obtain Power Charges, because they are indeed very limited at the moment. Maybe already with Open Beta release, maybe not?
I just grabbed the passive Mind Drinker to go with my Power Siphon build and noticed no extra mana regen while attacking at all... My Power Siphon does mostly physical damage too.

Working as intended or bug?

I also just tested it with my wand auto attack is also not leeching mana. Despite the character screens description of it saying that I have 2% mana leech.
Last edited by Lionguild on Dec 29, 2012, 12:21:42 AM
How much damage are you dealing? 2% of (for example) 15-30 is, well, not a whole lot.
I was looking directly at my mana regen while attacking. Didn't even increase by 1, or even 0.1
Regenerating a whopping one point of Mana (ie. 50 Physical damage dealt) is very unlikely to show up at all, since it happens so damn fast. At 150 Mana, you leech at 18.75 Mana per Second (12.5%). One Mana is regenerated in 0.053 seconds.
I like power siphon as an attack because I can go CI/Reaver/Pact and with LMP+Chain+Faster Attack or Leech. The main problem is that you lose your charges on a boss, make crits give a charge with it, and bump the physical damage increase. secondly since it is an attack, make it usable with any one handed weapon. It wouldn't change between ranged and melee depending on weapon like frenzy or puncture, but would just be a ranged attack with a melee weapon.
Last edited by wynta on Jan 13, 2013, 5:14:05 PM
"
wynta wrote:
secondly since it is an attack, make it usable with any one handed weapon. It wouldn't change between ranged and melee depending on weapon like frenzy or puncture, but would just be a ranged attack with a melee weapon.

Dealing two-hand damage with a x1.25 multiplicative modifier at range (with LMP or preferrably Chain) probably isn't particularly balanced. Even for just one-handed weapons, it's a little silly: what reason would one have to use it with a Wand if a Mace or Axe just deals way more damage?
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
wynta wrote:
secondly since it is an attack, make it usable with any one handed weapon. It wouldn't change between ranged and melee depending on weapon like frenzy or puncture, but would just be a ranged attack with a melee weapon.

Dealing two-hand damage with a x1.25 multiplicative modifier at range (with LMP or preferrably Chain) probably isn't particularly balanced. Even for just one-handed weapons, it's a little silly: what reason would one have to use it with a Wand if a Mace or Axe just deals way more damage?

He said one handed. And as for why use a wand, it's ranged? Could get a penalty for melee weapons though, like 80% effectiveness or whatever. Don't think it's a big deal but it is a bit annoying if you want to use daggers(which are mostly caster weapons) and get power charges since this is the only skill that gives charges other than the unique. This is more of a unrelated issue though, there need to be a non weapon specific skill that grants charges, like Blood Rage and Enduring Cry for the others.
Make this still usable with a Staff so my templar can melee-crit!
just want to know what you guys think the 4 best supports for power siphon are ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info