Ascendency points and Oriath (aka remove Labyrinth mandatoriness)

"
NessOnett8 wrote:
I never understand this logic. "I don't like this part of the game so why is it mandatory to progress?" I hate Pyramid. It is a shittily designed map, excessively long, ugly, annoying. If I could skip it in every playthrough I would in a heartbeat. I can't. I need to progress through the map to get to the end of Act2 and continue with the game(not counting needing to do it twice more through cruel and mercy).

So please, someone explain with a rational argument, why the specific part of the game that YOU subjectively dislike should stop being "mandatory" while every other specific part of the game that OTHERS subjectively dislike should remain intact and 100% required to progress through the game? I would LOVE to hear a response that isn't just "lab is worse," "lab is different" or "lab didnt used to exist;" because those are all non-arguments.

This is not a false equivalency. If anything this is being overly favorable to your argument, as lab can be initially ignored and backtracked to to be completed whenever(easily) without hard gating your progress. It's also far less "mandatory" than, say, Pyramid to play the game.

While you are right in a sense, you fail to grasp the spirit of what people are saying. Yes you can never ever run a lab. You can just ignore the trials and never deal with any of it, but 8 points and a good enchant are such a MASSIVE amount of power that you HAVE to run it if you dont want half a character.

Sure you can just ignore those optional skill point quests the whole game,but to do so puts you at a severe disadvantage. Why would you do that? You wouldn't even if you hate it. Once you get past a certain point, all this game is about is getting more power. To ignore such power is to decide you don't want to play the game anymore.

"
NessOnett8 wrote:
I never understand this logic. "I don't like this part of the game so why is it mandatory to progress?" I hate Pyramid. It is a shittily designed map, excessively long, ugly, annoying. If I could skip it in every playthrough I would in a heartbeat. I can't. I need to progress through the map to get to the end of Act2 and continue with the game(not counting needing to do it twice more through cruel and mercy).

So please, someone explain with a rational argument, why the specific part of the game that YOU subjectively dislike should stop being "mandatory" while every other specific part of the game that OTHERS subjectively dislike should remain intact and 100% required to progress through the game? I would LOVE to hear a response that isn't just "lab is worse," "lab is different" or "lab didnt used to exist;" because those are all non-arguments.

This is not a false equivalency. If anything this is being overly favorable to your argument, as lab can be initially ignored and backtracked to to be completed whenever(easily) without hard gating your progress. It's also far less "mandatory" than, say, Pyramid to play the game.

I'd be happy to. Trap lag, disconnects, 16 trials, and an annoyingly long dungeon that in no way, shape, or form is fun. The weary traveler is fucking sick of running this terrible dungeon for mandatory ascension points. Not one person enjoys the Lab after the 4th time they do it. They did it, it was challenging, was good fun the first couple times, maybe even the second toon. But that's it, it's just long and annoying.

Every league, you have to do this crap. Then you have to do it on all your alts. It's just tiresome. It's too long to be fun, if they added a couple rooms to the first batch and the first fight was the only fight it would be ok. But it's so damn long. I just don't want to do shit that isn't fun and Lab falls squarely into the "Holy fuck, I hate this." category.

And you're bitching about pyramid, and in 3.0 you only have to do it once now. So you won't even mind anymore. Because once is ok. 4 times is not ok.
I like how they "solved" great issue of ARPGs about replayability and still left us with 4 same labs.
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
I like how they "solved" great issue of ARPGs about replayability and still left us with 4 same labs.
I came back after playing 2011 or 2012 when the game was released without any MTX, and after all the additions, labyrinth was my least favorite. I mean its ok at first but to keep repeating same trial for uber enchant and waiting for the ez lab is klling the fun in the game for me. plus having to make a character for fast uber run too
IGN: flaxburn
I've said it a hundred times, but uber lab is fine. It has rewards, it's worth running.

Normal, cruel, and merciless labs, on the other hand, really need to fuck off.
Lab whiners are as persistent as exalt whiners.
Not a big lab lover (nor hater), so if they'll really shorten normal and cruel lab with 3.0, that's good news!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
tm10067 wrote:
Lab whiners are as persistent as exalt whiners.

And whiners about whiners are the most persistent of them all, lol.
I don't like labs a lot but they seems fine to me. Longer,harder to end but u have a chance to get big reward from completing. It seems totally fine, since u can pay 5c and get carried, so even 20c for all labs isn't such a big price. What i really dislike is about random disconects.I have 20mb/s , only poe installed and it's just a nightmare when u enter 3rd stage izaro and bam! Dc, u can fk off and start again. It never happened to me in any other game , and i see many of my friends seems to have similar expiriences. None or less it's still a part of the game and many poeple created their builds with fact in mind that they will farm uber so any attempt to remove will screw up their work. That's my opinion
P.S Sorry for mistakes, english is not my native language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info