Innocence and Sin. Hidden clues and symbolism for Fall of Oriath trailer

"
Crimsonyd wrote:
As I see their fighting resembles Lunaris/Solaris cycle. And fish is reference to Kitava's Thirst flavor text.
Also the Pale Counsil has to do with this story. Plaguemaw prophecy III has the flavor text "Plaguemaw followers feast on the dead bodies in the crypt and that is desecration of Mother's work". Also Volkuur the Unbreathing Queen takes flesh of heroes and one victim hero in Ledge (Unbreathing Queen III) "burns with desire for Mother's Domain".

I believe all of Navali's lines relating to "The Mother" refer to Hinekora, Mother of the Dead.
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:

I believe all of Navali's lines relating to "The Mother" refer to Hinekora, Mother of the Dead.

Hmm makes sense.
And whose Mother breach uniques flavor text have reference to?
Last edited by Crimsonyd on Feb 24, 2017, 9:55:13 PM
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:

Hmm makes sense.
And whose Mother breach uniques flavor text have reference to?

The only item there I can see referring to a mother is Uul-Netol's Kiss, so I'm guessing Uul-Netol. But really, we don't have enough information about Breaches and their inhabitants to say anything for certain.
Last edited by Jonmcdonald on Feb 24, 2017, 10:25:57 PM
FYI - there is no such thing as symbology...nor any of Dan Brown's other musings.

The real term is symbolism
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Cool theories. Gets confusing if Sin/Innocence pretends to be one another or whatever.. will the real Sin/Innocence please stand up?

Get this show on the road!
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Did you already found, that their mother is pregnant on the first image here ? :)
Spoiler

(sorry, its hard to me to read all post and commentary, because english its not my native)

So who do you think was the third child ? :)
Regarding the Chamber Of Innocence, the pictorical aspects on those stained glasses are somewhat confusing.

As follows from the lore:

"Innocence, with eyes of burning rage. Sin, with eyes of clearest blue."

The lore of the two kids puts a daunting question, about who is "good" and who is "evil". And even more: What defines good and evil. Innocence's behavioral aspects as depicted here: https://p7p4m6s5.ssl.hwcdn.net/public/news/21-07-2016/Book6.png. Shows someone without temper, and suggest envy on his brother (Not to mention the crystal clear resemblance with many biblical histories, like Cain and Abel, Matthew 15:26-28 /He replied, It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs/'Yes it is, Lord,' she said. 'Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master's table.'). I could bet, without major questioning, that Innocence's aggresive nature awoke something inside Sin, which is depicted as someone quiet, peaceful.

Following the eye color scheme, one can suggest a relationship between the brothers' eyes and "The Eyes" used to empower the Rapture Device:

The Eye of Fury (RED):
"Fear becomes Hatred.
Hatred becomes Fury.
Thus is Man transformed
from Martyr to Maker."

The Eye of Desire (BLUE):
"It is a cruel joke that
Man was born with more
Intent than Life."

Both lines follows the trend depicted on the picture I linked above: Innocence demonstrates, in image sequence: Apathy, Indifference, Sadness, Fury, and in the last stained glass, where he covers most of the image, portraits an evilish expression.

IMO: Innocence was influenciated by Kitava. He's the evil one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info