Innocence and Sin. Hidden clues and symbolism for Fall of Oriath trailer

This could be seen as something cyclical like cleansing sarn with the cataclysm.
"
Lazael666 wrote:
Regarding to solaris/lunaris girls

Grigor mentioned: "The Eternals revered Sun and Moon as the two eyes of their God. The right eye, Judging Solaris. The left eye, Merciful Lunaris." We could assume that there are/were two templar orders or forces associated to Solaris and Lunaris. Then, if we take a look to the pantheon picture, Lunaris with blue eyes can be the order of the templars that followed 'Sin' and Solaris with red eyes is the order of those who followed 'Innocence'. Could it be an internal fight between both forces inside the templars? Act 8 is about Solaris and Lunaris fighting "for the sky" figuretaly but it is actually a struggle between these orders after one of the high priests were killed or something like that.

Now, if we bring Sin's rebirth to this story. It is fun to see that the flask removes burning and creates a smoke cloud so Sin was burned at the stake which created a black cloud due to the ashes. Isn't burning at the stake the punishment for those who did some kind of transgression? (yeah like Doedre and the Proclamation in The Western Forest). The court of reckoning was conformed by Voll, Geofri and other templars by then. So, the new court of reckoning (leaded by Avarius who is also Innocence, due to the colour of his eyes) sentenced Sin to burn because he tried to do something against him. According to this weird theory of mine, Sin was also a High Priest who got killed and we can see in the vitrals that they were both raised in religion since they were very young. Perhaps they started to fight each other after they got the news that Dominus was killed leaving a vacuum of power in the theocratic Oriath.

I like how you tied that flask into your theory. After I read their announcement page, I tried googling the wiki page of Solaris, the actual character, but there isn't one. There are items referencing Solaris though. Here's some interesting flavor text from a couple uniques.

Eclipse Solaris
"Every decade, Lunaris devours Solaris
Each time, Solaris emerges from Lunaris, born anew."

Icetomb
"When Solaris closes his burning eye
At the end of time,
the world will perish in ice."

Prismatic Eclipse
"A raging Solaris seared and contorted the orb's surface.
A despairing Lunaris filled the scars with her tears.
Yet Viridi remained, trapped within, forever more."
- Azmerian Creation Myth

I assumed at first that the two women fighting each other were Solaris and Lunaris themselves but some of these obscure flavor texts are making me think otherwise.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
HIS?!

I suspect Icetomb was written well before GGG had formulated much about either deity...

I get that Gods can be gender fluid but mortal depictions of them rarely are.

Here's hoping they didn't just forget about what they wrote years ago. Unlikely but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm new to this game.
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
HIS?!

I suspect Icetomb was written well before GGG had formulated much about either deity...

I get that Gods can be gender fluid but mortal depictions of them rarely are.

Here's hoping they didn't just forget about what they wrote years ago. Unlikely but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because I'm new to this game.

There was a similar problem with rigwald's charge, it was named rigvald's charge.
SO what do we learn today children?

Spoiler
People or powerful groups DO like to put their symbolism in many places. Same in life. ;)
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
As I see their fighting resembles Lunaris/Solaris cycle. And fish is reference to Kitava's Thirst flavor text.
Also the Pale Counsil has to do with this story. Plaguemaw prophecy III has the flavor text "Plaguemaw followers feast on the dead bodies in the crypt and that is desecration of Mother's work". Also Volkuur the Unbreathing Queen takes flesh of heroes and one victim hero in Ledge (Unbreathing Queen III) "burns with desire for Mother's Domain".
"
alkkine wrote:
The original 5 images are mostly unchanged however the hands and fish in pane #4 have been changed in color.

Actually, I looked at them more closely, they are not. If you examine http://i.imgur.com/e14IudW.jpg, you can see that in pane 1, the golden child has red eyes, the red child has blue eyes. Pane 2 also looks like the golden child has red eyes. Pane 3 is too difficult to see imho but in pane 4 you also see that the golden child has red eyes.

I would assume that the initial artwork simply was "wrong" or did not fit the story GGG currently wants to tell. Therefore I also do not think that there was a swap of Sin and Innocence.
A few things I'd like to add:

In Picture 9 we see "a blue-eyed Beast" with an halo of destruction.
Please note, that in that halo is a Ring of what seems to be burning buildings. That might point to the cataclysm?

Also on a secondary note:
The Templar-Statue in Oriath, aswell as the Ornament of Avarius feature a typicly Roman Face, with the curly hair and all. Maybe this has a connection with the Chaos Orb, as it is a similar Face, behind a Face - An Imposter if you will.
"
ComMcNeil wrote:
"
alkkine wrote:
The original 5 images are mostly unchanged however the hands and fish in pane #4 have been changed in color.

Actually, I looked at them more closely, they are not. If you examine http://i.imgur.com/e14IudW.jpg, you can see that in pane 1, the golden child has red eyes, the red child has blue eyes. Pane 2 also looks like the golden child has red eyes. Pane 3 is too difficult to see imho but in pane 4 you also see that the golden child has red eyes.

I would assume that the initial artwork simply was "wrong" or did not fit the story GGG currently wants to tell. Therefore I also do not think that there was a swap of Sin and Innocence.

This is something I have suspected but cannot really confirm without better images. Would simplify the story greatly.

Alternatively since we are thinking that this could be a whole false god thing and we in the temple of innocence perhaps this story has been changed. This sort of asks the question of why these panes are here.
I got some theories. Let’s see if I will be right in something here or there. Sorry about any English mistake, not a native speaker.

Spoiler
In my opnion, they changed the eye colors as we can see in the pictures on the windows. So it is different from the 5-pictures story they released some time ago. So actually, the golden boy has red eyes (he is Innocence). And the redhead boy has blue eyes (he is Sin). The beginning, both are good person, despite of the appearances and everything happens around them. I doesn’t have an explanation to why the flowers are dying, the bird died, or the Innocence is more loved than his brother, but I guess it has something about Kitava, god of corruption. My theory is that Kitava started corruption of Sin since his birth. Following the pictures, the bad things happened with Sin was due to Kitava corruption, and it made him even more vulnerable to Kitava corruption. In picture 4, it seems like Kitava gave power to Sin (the halo became bigger too, it symbolizes his power growing) and got total control of Sin’s action. We can see the hands of a demon, who I guess it is Kitava. The fish is there due to a text in lore, saying “Tukohama, Tawhoa and Kitava went to the lake to fish. Tawhoa weaved a net to catch the fish, Tukohama built a fire to cook the fish, and Kitava swallowed the entire lake, fish and all, with a single gulp.” (see Kitava’s Thrist). That is why Sin became bad. So Corrupted Sin defeat his brother and got the high position, maybe the throne, or something like that. So at that time, Kitava and Corrupted Sin ruled the world.

In picture 5, the time has past and Innocence became stronger for his own. He asked for help from his mother in picture 6 and told her everything about Sin corruption and Kitava. She helped him, and they made a trap or got a plan to defeat Kitava/Sin (Picture 7). Burning him seems like a ritual, maybe something to uncorrupt Sin. The demon in picture 8 aren’t acutally Sin, but the real Kitava, who was using Sin’s body. Innocence sealed Kitava (picture 9 and 10) and found the Templar Order to protect the world against him. I really think that Innocence defeated Kitava, because of that Statue of him killing a demon. This demon’s face looks like Kitava with his two “normal” horns and other two horns behind his chin (See Kitava’s Thrist 2D art). We can also see Kitava in pantheon picture. So Innocence became the guardian, who guards the world from Kitava’s resurrection.

Sin became good again, but not sure if he was sealed in the ritual also or whatever. But after you defeat Innocence, Sin reborn (or whatever) and appeared to you, asking for your help to save the world from Kitava once more.

For the time being, Innocence, for being near Kitava (even sealed) for a long long time, Kitava could slowing corrupt him. So Innocence became bad, like Sin once was. That is why, in the beginning of Present of Path of Exile story, we can see the atrocities that Templar Order made.

In picture 12, I guess, it is the future (or present, according to your perspective). It looks like Kitava’s seal is released after you defeat Innocence. So Kitava is free once again and get back to his original body, left in act IV. Actually, the beast in act IV is Kitava body, and Corrupted Malachai is only his Champion (see Marauder’s Dialogue in act IV). Then Kitava starts to corrupt the Karui’s Gods, who you gonna have to defeat and save them through act 6 – 8. When they got uncorrupted, you got their blessing (so here comes the pantheon system). In act 9, Kitava is not there anymore, but there is still a key for his dominion there. There are also many Kitava allied who will try to stop you, but once you get the key, you come back to Oriath, where you can open the gate to Kitava domain and kill him for good.

About the white woman, mother of both Innocence and Sin, I’m not sure. But I hope she actually is Kalandra. Kalandra is actually a big mistery, as his/her name is in the rarest and most valuable currency in path of exile, but there is nothing about him/her… I’m really looking forward to it. Also no idea about the different descrys. For me all of them mean the same: The Templar Order. Of course I can be wrong here too.

So that is my guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info