Doomfletch LA / Barrage

"
Rupenus wrote:
we did more intense testing with Xukai.

versus his 10.7k ES + fortify + 16% damage reduction of champion + brass dome build, Brood Twine, 9 arrows, abyssus one shots(sometimes deals 90-95% damage) from close range without point blank.(198k tooltip with hatred) - slower projectiles has been used at testing both weapons for equal comparison.

(yeah its crazy, still barrage cant kill for example shin cause he is always flickering on targets and you miss most of the shots even with namelocking, however while they are moving scolds guys die easy)

doomfletch however, was hitting for like 70-80% of his health.

so we can say there is a 20-30% difference between best bow in the game and doomflet in terms of X-Y damage. when i pop up vinktar brood twine gets benefit from that additional pen much more than doomfletch, put that into consideration as well.

both builds have same crit chance since im using CC gem with doomfletch.

for 1c weapon though, this is just amazing.

Awesome.

I really like that this build right now is not relying on anything legacy/uber expensive (flask is the most expensive thing in this build i think with the +1 drillneck).

I also like the fact it does not abuse immortal mechanism. You can be killed but you kill anything.

It s life based so very budget oriented too.

Tho you need more ninjas in your overall presentation.

*edit*

for 1c weapon though, this is just amazing

I got the bow for 24 chaos :/ SCAMMED
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 17, 2017, 6:09:58 AM
Hey, have you ever considered Elemental Overload for this build in pvp, since you already tried to avoid crit because of Brass Dome?
"
H0X9 wrote:
Hey, have you ever considered Elemental Overload for this build in pvp, since you already tried to avoid crit because of Brass Dome?

far

and they would switch to leg kaoms if they understand it.

you gotta keep your non crit damage like at %60 of your crit damage so there wouldnt be any difference in %(of your opponents HP) damage per shot whether they use leg kaoms or brass dome.

these are all approximate numbers of course, just to help you to picture what im talking about.

for DPS testing in pvp

use this awesome program:

http://poepvpdps.winewall.eu/
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 20, 2017, 11:55:30 AM

this is the aoe of 112% aoe LA.

Crazy!

better than EA i suppose. WE tested with arrowbabe and the results show that, arrowbebe was standing at where im standing, we were together, i just shoot at the wall and he died. Razalgulisgodlike was there too, we tested this for like maybe 100 times. we couldnt believe the results. also, the range can get even higher cause LA can chain from one target to another.

thats the radius of aoe:

we tested ice shot too, its nowhere close!
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 20, 2017, 5:26:33 AM
also 450k 70% aoe LA, and 350k 112 Aoe EA deals same damage, guess why? : )
"
Rupenus wrote:

A friendly tip, use either excel or http://poepvpdps.winewall.eu/

Then let us know the minimum and average pvp damage per hit against an opponent with somewhat normal defenses. Everything else is very close to useless information..

Numbers presented as pvp damage quickly show how the build would actually perform against stuff like zerphi chars for an example.
"
lapiz wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

A friendly tip, use either excel or http://poepvpdps.winewall.eu/

Then let us know the minimum and average pvp damage per hit against an opponent with somewhat normal defenses. Everything else is very close to useless information..

Numbers presented as pvp damage quickly show how the build would actually perform against stuff like zerphi chars for an example.

markusz' calculator says i deal 2.8k max initial hit damage to brass dome but i kill 8.2k health scolds brass dome build in 2 shots.(no aoe overlap)(1.8k self suicide damage) arrowbebe has even lower dps than me i saw him killing shin with 2 initial hits too.

another thing is that,

there is the aoe explosion overlap that we cant calculate with our tools. i asked the question to refer that, with additional aoe, the more projectiles start to overlap:

thats what we conclude after testing out for long time. slower projectiles setup and aoe setup deals exactly the same damage from distant attacks(one shot to 10.5k ES) with the highest crit damage, we tried that for like half hour. actually aoe was hitting most of the time more damage than slower projectiles setup.(30% more damage per shot) this brings me the conclusion that there is an aoe overlapping going on.

also

if you have pierce chance, and can pierce the target, you deal additional secondary damage without walls too. walls just make them overlap to each other. from what i see this only applies to standing targets.

so there are many aspects of aoe/chain/pierce skills that we cant calculate and markusz' calculator can't help us in this matter. we have to see the coding of Lightning arrow to see what is going on there. as we tested with markusz ice shot explosion dont overlap but LA explosions do.

the skills programming is so old that with every additional mechanic/skill(frost wall) of the game it changes its behaviour. its mostly because it can pierce / chain and its an aoe skill at the same time.
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 20, 2017, 9:02:53 AM
It works just fine and I'm getting the same results from my own small excel. Also there isn't anything fishy going on with LA.. It is just the number of aoe effects + the possible attack hit. All of them hit for same amount.

So in theory if the enemy is sitting next to a wall and you are using 2 arrows, the enemy can be hit by 3 instances with 1 LA shot. So 3 times the ~2,8k dmg and you end up having 8,4k burst with 1 shot if both the explosions manage to hit on top of the initial hit that pierced the enemy.

Also there might be something you didnt account for like shock etc.
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 20, 2017, 10:44:38 AM
i didnt know after what certain amount of %aoe projectiles start overlapping.

my whole point here is, the more aoe you have the more projectiles start to overlap; my previous theory was, projectiles werent overlapping(or maximum 2 of them overlap max) yet because they do secondary damage, this was multiplying the damage.

this is wrong.

without dying sun it wasnt possible to get such high aoe amounts, so we didnt know what was really going on. at least i, personally didnt know. around 70 aoe, 2 or 3 projectiles overlap(depends on the sitaution, distance from the walls, distance from the aoe explosion etc), but around 110 from what i see the overlapping becomes like EA from close range everything surrounded with walls die even from a "decent" distance fro mwalls. 3 projectiles is almost guaranteed, even more is possible with 100+ aoe.

in short, with around 100+ aoe, LA doesnt require frost walls to work, just normal walls can do the trick. actually it hits even harder than previous LA now. : ( i one shotted 18k ES today he was in between 2 walls.

i also couldnt figure out how this aoe of LA gets scaled, it starts out very small, gets even higher than EA after some certain number.

note: the brass dome player i was killing 2 shots was having 7.2k health, this now explains how. my X-Y range is 1700 - 2800 to brass dome, i jsut had lucky high shots it seems.

Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 20, 2017, 11:44:42 AM
EA has 15 radius with 1 fuse, LA has 18.. Both of these scale in the same manner with increased area of effect. There is nothing fishy going on with this either.

Also the damage being secondary damage doesnt mean it would deal a different amount of damage than the original attack hit. Both sources deal the 2.8k with a max roll on the initial hit.

Overlapping LA has never been an issue to be honest.. You just need enough aoe. It's just that people dont usually really want to go to witch/templar areas or use stuff with inc aoe as a bow char.

Last edited by lapiz on Feb 20, 2017, 12:16:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info