Doomfletch LA / Barrage

"
Also the damage being secondary damage doesnt mean it would deal a different amount of damage than the original attack hit. Both sources deal the 2.8k with a max roll on the initial hit.

nah i didnt mean that, i was also thinking that it deals x2 damage when it pierces a target.

so all in all, lets sum all up;

+LA works like EA, the more aoe you have the more overlapping damage you deal. the projectile explosions overlaps unlike ice shot.
+LA has better aoe than EA
+LA can pierce the opponent and deal x2 damage.
+50-60% aoe isnt enough, 80+ aoe is better for overlap oriented build.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 20, 2017, 12:58:50 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:

so all in all, lets sum all up;

+LA works like EA, the more aoe you have the more overlapping damage you deal. the projectile explosions overlaps unlike ice shot.
+LA has better aoe than EA
+LA can pierce the opponent and deal x2 damage.
+50-60% aoe isnt enough, 80+ aoe is better for overlap oriented build.

Hmm..

The ice shot has a different shape, it should also overlap in some scenarios.

LA has better aoe only if the EA is 1 fuse.

LA has the potential of dealing damage twice with 1 arrow in case it pierces and the pierced projectile explodes in the immediate proximity of the original hit. Piercing alone doesn't guarantee "double damage". That's why LA is kinda junk in melee range in an open ground.

I guess it is noteworthy also that the amount of required aoe is also heavily determined by how many arrows you use. With the same amount of aoe, it is easier to overlap a dozen arrows than only a few arrows.
"
lapiz wrote:

I guess it is noteworthy also that the amount of required aoe is also heavily determined by how many arrows you use. With the same amount of aoe, it is easier to overlap a dozen arrows than only a few arrows.

More arrow means the angle is smaller, arrow is closer to each other, so less AoE require?
I suppose that on Ascendancy I should look for Nature Adrenaline, Veteran Bowyer, Nature's Boon and Master Alchemist, no?
looks like it still viable after patch
"

even more, we got 5% additional pen and due to shorter paths 10% more life
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"

More? Whats your hp at 3k?
"
Heelon wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
"

More? Whats your hp at 3k?

5.4 with new tree. for pve it will get 6k'ish
Last edited by Rupenus on Mar 2, 2017, 4:45:06 PM
whats your rings and amulet recommendation? this one is good?
"
whats your rings and amulet recommendation? this one is good?

you need steel rings with T1 flat phys(+9-15) 70+ life some resists and if you have 1 suffix open, craft crit chance if you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info