Where do you sit in the highschool cafeteria?

My highschool psychology teacher asked us as an assignment to pay attention to where we sit. He said it could be a clear indication of whom we surround ourselves as adults.

I sat with the weathly kids. Usually you could tell because we would buy our food and skip the school lunch. We weren't old enough to drive but by senior year we had pretty bad ass cars. As popularity is conscerned we didn't care but we were active in school politics. It wasn't by choice it just you look around and you just sorta dressed a certain way, that was the indication. Iconology in our youth played a passive important role.

If you played soccer or any other sports you were mostly a jock and damn attractive. These groups were mostly European Portuguese Brazilian and Argentinians. Swimming team mostly Caucasian men. Track, baseball and football seem to have their differences but hung out. So mostly anyone in sports hung out together.

Tennis, band and dance electives were more popular with the intellectuals. They hung out; a pretty eccentric "awkward" bunch. LGBT were part of this group. Opened minded... you could say liberals.

Thugs what we called it hung out and were the loudest bunch. Mostly poor class clowns. Everything from Latin to white to black... If your pants showed your underwear you was a thug. Interestingly there were separations. If you belonged to a gang you were sitting with your "family." If someone messed with an individual from any of these groups you would be jumped during class periods. This would happen with in the Highschool stair corridors. High school doors because of fire codes, pretty fucking thick the other side can't hear shit.

Than we have the emo gothic... They were the punks quite a weird bunch. The bullied bunch. They kept to themselves always skipping the class after lunch. I remember one of them asked to sit at our table I was like ,"what does my face tell you." I was an asswhole in high school. I couldn't help it.

Than you have the freshmen that come in have no idea were to sit looking for their middle school friends only to find out they don't fit with their groups.

I miss high school sooooo much fun.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 12, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2017, 7:53:48 AM
Alone.
A kid with a magnifying glass. . . looming down on the anthill. Eventually one is going to get you.
I was a geek back then I was sitting and eating at the library
You weren't forced to eat in the cafeteria in my HS. Lunch was kinda a free time, and a lot of people brought their own lunch and went outside. Most of the "cool kids" went outside for lunch. Our school lunches were nasty, and I usually just brought like 2 bologna sandwiches and some chips for lunch.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 12, 2017, 2:13:07 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
My highschool psychology teacher asked us as an assignment to pay attention to where we sit.

What made you think of it?

(I sat by a chessboard during lunch with whoever was willing to play with me, to answer the thread question.)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
bwam wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
My highschool psychology teacher asked us as an assignment to pay attention to where we sit.

What made you think of it?

(I sat by a chessboard during lunch with whoever was willing to play with me, to answer the thread question.)

Watching the movie breakfast club lol

Lol the scene from Twilight Cullins enter the cafeteria lol
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 12, 2017, 5:36:27 PM
We didn't have a cafeteria, we ate in our home rooms, at lunch I sat that the back, in class I sat in the front.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I sat either with classmates or alone in a corner from where I could watch the entire cafeteria. Kinda hard to find such a place with the layout it had though.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Maceless wrote:
Alone.

this, alone in a corner
We didnt had a cafeteria on my highschool, we used to eat on class or outside, I used to eat with a bunch of friends but the group wasnt specific or shared something in common besides being a bunch of friends from the same town.
It was a pretty weird group, gamers, skaters, geeks, a few guys who are really into soccer, the manga and comic books fan guy, gay people, straight people, a lot of different people who just got along with each other.
The only thing I remember we all shared was music, we all liked classic rock and metal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info