Where do you sit in the highschool cafeteria?

Tbh I don't get this group thing.

But I didn't went to a highschool, I'm german (I was at a "Realschule & Gymnasium" which kinda means highschool I guess ^^). We didn't had such groups. We had classes. They usually sticked together with a few exceptions. No matter of which social group you may belong. We had Metalheads (like me) and stoners, paired with punks and emo's. No body cared.

But we had rivalry with other classes, mostly the same years. Does that count? :D

We had a cafeteria in the basement of our school but nobody was going to spend their lunch time there. We usually went out to the schoolyard to eat & smoke. Late 90's early 2k's nobody cared about that :D.

But I guess my 2cents doesn't really count. I'm an old fart when it comes to school stuff. I'm out of school for 15 years now.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
This US high school separation has always looked surreal to me. I've seen a number of US high school movies and they always looked fucking retarded. The Jocks, The Cheerleaders, The Geeks, The Weird Guys - all these arbitrary and one-dimensional labels, what the fuck?

Then I had a guy in our high school who had spent a few years in a US high school, and he acted exactly as if he had gotten out of a US teen movie. Ridiculous. Looked like a cartoon character. Fancied himself something of a jock and was a few years my senior, even tried to bully me a little (lol). I flat out ignored him. He called out something insulting at me, sitting just a few meters away, and I pretended he was invisible. Just kept on strolling, not a care in the world, as if he simply didn't exist. Boy, did he stop with the nonsense :D

Anyway, it was chaos when I was in high school. We had something of a cafeteria, it was the most miserable place you could imagine - we saw rats milling around more than once - and almost everyone ignored it. There were dozens of places selling all types of food around the school, and everyone would go wherever they liked.

Where would've I sat if we had a US-type cafeteria? No fucking idea. First off, we were a highly select school, one of the toughest entrance examinations in the country, and my class was top-scoring in the school on top of that. We had all been A-grade students in our previous schools. Everyone of us would've qualified as a geek in a US public school. Slightly above average was dumb by our criteria. I was a bully, a geek, a jock, awkward, sociable, popular, unpopular, almost everything you could think of in the five years of high school. Where would've I sat? Depends on the year, and nearly everywhere on various occasions.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 16, 2017, 9:58:50 AM
there wasnt such thing like that in my cafeteria
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info