[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Just a simple question that I haven't found an answer to anywhere in the guide - what kind of flask setup would you recommend?
Once you get a 6L with the suggested colors, the gameplay really picks up.

Raise Spectre (Flame Sentinel) + Flame Golem + Minion Damage + Minion Speed/Spell Echo + Fire Penetration/Empower + GMP

Then throw in SRS + skeletons + guardian + zombies with a single Violent Dead jewel, and things get fun. And laggy.

"
Just a simple question that I haven't found an answer to anywhere in the guide - what kind of flask setup would you recommend?

1 Quartz Flask, 1 Quicksilver, 1 mana that prevents bleed or freeze, something else for bleed/freeze (Basalt/Ruby), maybe something for burn?

Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Can't see how do you get 27lvl golem?
21 lvl base
+1 from mantle
+3 from empower

That's 25 lvl. Where extra 2 levels?
What would be a good ES amount to take CI?
How well does this build work without spectres?

In the main gear section and gem links spectres arnt there, but they are for leveling and there is a lot of talk about them in comments. I just find them really tedious to use as my longer gaming session are more rare an 30-60 min bursts here and there are much more common.

Just wanted to make sure I would still be fine not using them or am I just handicapping myself if I dont?
"

Hi, I usually run next flasks myself :
- Mana flask (With remove poison, for no regen maps)
- Ruby Flask (with remove burning)
- Quicksilver Flask (with remove bleeding)
- Kiara's Determination (antifreeze and stun removal)
- Rumi's Concoction (Block chance)

Basically any extra res or movement flask with bad effect removal is good.

"
Balticataz wrote:

How well does this build work without spectres?

In the main gear section and gem links spectres arnt there, but they are for leveling and there is a lot of talk about them in comments. I just find them really tedious to use as my longer gaming session are more rare an 30-60 min bursts here and there are much more common.

Just wanted to make sure I would still be fine not using them or am I just handicapping myself if I dont?

Summoners usually run golems, spectres, srs or any combination of them. Spectres are best choise for 1 button playstyle at early levels as they are autotargetting and can be really tanky with high lvl. They are needed as long as you can get Anima Stone, then they can be dropped.

You can run maps without Spectres, but cant rely on zombies to do your damage. Srs works, but is mana hungry and need casting all the time. I feel that losing Spectres is handicap, but it really depends on how you like to play. Try with and without and compare.

"
Prismaa wrote:
What would be a good ES amount to take CI?

In League I went for CI around 3k ES which is very low, but with massive army and good positioning I can clear safely, or just run with public parties and not care about nasty chaos effects.

Safer value is 5-6k ES.

"
Inferius90 wrote:
Can't see how do you get 27lvl golem?
21 lvl base
+1 from mantle
+3 from empower

That's 25 lvl. Where extra 2 levels?

I use +1 corrupt Infernal mantle so it actually adds 2 levels as:

21 lvl base
+1(+1) from mantle (from corrupt)
+3(+1) from empower (from corrupt which makes empower lvl 5)

I made reference run with level 23 Golems in video section and it works great even without 21 base gen, lvl 4 empower and expensive +1 corrupt.

You can also make yourself budget version by buying +1 Infernal mantle (5s preferred) and then link it as 5l youself with about 3-5 ex worth of currency. Golems lose bit power with lost 6l but gain tons of hp by levels.

If you want power over survival and want fast extra levels for golems, you can get also :
- Skin of the Loyal (+1/+2 lvl)
- Skin of the Lords (+1 lvl)

"
Tempada wrote:
Once you get a 6L with the suggested colors, the gameplay really picks up.

Raise Spectre (Flame Sentinel) + Flame Golem + Minion Damage + Minion Speed/Spell Echo + Fire Penetration/Empower + GMP

Then throw in SRS + skeletons + guardian + zombies with a single Violent Dead jewel, and things get fun. And laggy.

"
Completed 3 ChallengesiPhi wrote:

1 Quartz Flask, 1 Quicksilver, 1 mana that prevents bleed or freeze, something else for bleed/freeze (Basalt/Ruby), maybe something for burn?

6l really helps to boost damage. Best bet early on in the league is to buy corrupt 6l armor with high es and right colors. I highly recommend crafting minion speed on rings and amylet with essences and drop minion speed, as its really bad link gem damage wise.

If you choose not to run temp chains on helmet, you can also get +2 minion helmet and link to it Vaal skels -> Empower / fortify -> Minion damage -> Poison for boss fight. I just have to warn that server instances crash very often as all skeletons will get charges from the shield and server load is enormous.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 7, 2017, 9:45:42 PM
Would this build work as hybrid life/es?
Last edited by Inferius90 on Mar 8, 2017, 2:55:02 AM
"
Inferius90 wrote:
Would this build work as hybrid life/es?

Yes, build works fine with life also but needs watching out for chaos degen.

Summoners usually dont take many hits, as minions draw most of aggro and phase run saves us from many consecutive hits. Build aims to get as much EHP as possible to tank single big hit with worst of the map mod in boss fights at t14-15 maps. ES just gives more buffer right now and makes us immune to chaos degens.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
This looks really promising. Very well written guide and appreciate all the insight into the mechanics! I started Legacy League with a golem summoner and really wish I had read this thread first before taking the path I chose (SRS).

Concerning the final form of this build, I have a few questions. I have all the golem jewels and have been running the popular pentagolem hellfire build. While I really like the spirit of that build, I am finding it to be super inadequate at this point in the league where great gear just ins't available yet. The issue is that you essentially rely on your tankiness to carry you through all mobs and then let the golem rain rip through your cursed targets. This works well a lot of the time. But when you run into a tough boss or pack, or you get stunned - that strategy quickly falls apart as you don't want to be close to them at all. No curses means longer fight, which means more chance to get ripped up by dangerous mobs. It is essentially all offense and no defense.

Enter your build. I love the defensive mechanics you have baked in and the videos look really good. The phasing CWDT setup is brilliant and would go a long way to helping me in my current build. Ironically the uniques you listed will also give me a lot more ES than what I am wearing even though I have decent gear for this stage of the league. But I also play a much more quick and aggressive playstyle while mapping than your videos. I would like to wade into most packs similar to the old build and play it defensive vs. bosses and tough packs (breaches, beyond, etc.).

My goal is to slowly transition into your build. I am going to start with adding temp chains, staying hybrid (vs. CI), and dropping the 5th golem for the Victario's Charity and Necromatic Aegis node. I always felt there was more the Hellfire build could be doing with points and looked at the extra jewel sockets further on that path as a possibility.

Questions:
1) What is the 6 link you recommend? I ask because I've seen several variations mentioned in this thread and I would like to know which you recommend at this point in time relating to 2.6.

2) Why do you use a 2nd desecration? I have really grown dependent on Convocation to group up my summons during indoor encounters, shielded rares, and even just to focus them in a swarm of mobs. Curious as to why you need the 2nd Desecrate as I'd like to replace that with Convocation. Rest of the gems are spot on.

3) Do you really only run 1 curse? Any thoughts on Flammability or Elemental Weakness for a 2nd curse? I'm worried that this extreme shift from offensive curses to defensive will gimp the dmg of my golems significantly. They are lvl 19 at the moment. I want to keep temp chains, but would like to employ a 2nd offensive curse if possible.

4) I was really confused by your choice of non-curse aura nodes in the tree. From my understanding that would buff Discipline and Clarity, but not Temp Chains. Do you take these nodes to increase the buffs from Animate Guardian? Clarity is really just there for the Ascendency bonus, so it seems to me this is currently a Discipline vs. Temp Chains preference correct?
"
jddc78 wrote:
This looks really promising. Very well written guide and appreciate all the insight into the mechanics! I started Legacy League with a golem summoner and really wish I had read this thread first before taking the path I chose (SRS).

Concerning the final form of this build, I have a few questions. I have all the golem jewels and have been running the popular pentagolem hellfire build. While I really like the spirit of that build, I am finding it to be super inadequate at this point in the league where great gear just ins't available yet. The issue is that you essentially rely on your tankiness to carry you through all mobs and then let the golem rain rip through your cursed targets. This works well a lot of the time. But when you run into a tough boss or pack, or you get stunned - that strategy quickly falls apart as you don't want to be close to them at all. No curses means longer fight, which means more chance to get ripped up by dangerous mobs. It is essentially all offense and no defense.

Enter your build. I love the defensive mechanics you have baked in and the videos look really good. The phasing CWDT setup is brilliant and would go a long way to helping me in my current build. Ironically the uniques you listed will also give me a lot more ES than what I am wearing even though I have decent gear for this stage of the league. But I also play a much more quick and aggressive playstyle while mapping than your videos. I would like to wade into most packs similar to the old build and play it defensive vs. bosses and tough packs (breaches, beyond, etc.).

My goal is to slowly transition into your build. I am going to start with adding temp chains, staying hybrid (vs. CI), and dropping the 5th golem for the Victario's Charity and Necromatic Aegis node. I always felt there was more the Hellfire build could be doing with points and looked at the extra jewel sockets further on that path as a possibility.

Questions:
1) What is the 6 link you recommend? I ask because I've seen several variations mentioned in this thread and I would like to know which you recommend at this point in time relating to 2.6.

2) Why do you use a 2nd desecration? I have really grown dependent on Convocation to group up my summons during indoor encounters, shielded rares, and even just to focus them in a swarm of mobs. Curious as to why you need the 2nd Desecrate as I'd like to replace that with Convocation. Rest of the gems are spot on.

3) Do you really only run 1 curse? Any thoughts on Flammability or Elemental Weakness for a 2nd curse? I'm worried that this extreme shift from offensive curses to defensive will gimp the dmg of my golems significantly. They are lvl 19 at the moment. I want to keep temp chains, but would like to employ a 2nd offensive curse if possible.

4) I was really confused by your choice of non-curse aura nodes in the tree. From my understanding that would buff Discipline and Clarity, but not Temp Chains. Do you take these nodes to increase the buffs from Animate Guardian? Clarity is really just there for the Ascendency bonus, so it seems to me this is currently a Discipline vs. Temp Chains preference correct?

Hi! Thanks for detailed message, its nice to read what others think about the guide in greater details than just simple questions :)

1) My Link recommendation in priority are :

- Flame Golem
- Minion damage (Best multiplier and boosts also burn damage)
- Spell Echo (Great dps boost in terms of cast speed, also casts 2 golems at time)
- Gmp (Projectiles can overlap and more projectiles makes golems usable outside boss fights)

Then are some with personal preferrance :

- Empower (level really matter in this on. 20/20 golem with empower 4 gives about 35-40% boost in damage whis is less then some other multiplier gems, but it also gives golems hp. Lvl 5 empower to 23 lvl like in my +1 infernal mantle gives about 50% without any negative effect)

- Fire Penetration (Nice static penetration which is basically 37% more damage. Our EE already gives us 50% penetration, so its not as effective as in self cast links, but still very solid. Damage wise close to Empower(4) with 20/20 Flame golem gem. With EE on, Empower gives more dps. Without EE Penetration gives more dps)

- Conc effect (Gem of choise before 2.6, recent nerfs hit it pretty badly and I'm thinking about changing it)

- Controlled Destruction (Great multiplier at the cost of 100% crit. Minions base crit 5% so it gives then even chance normally to ignite on crit. Our savior is that charges give them 600% more crit, so -100% still gives 500%)

- Elemental focus (Best damage multiplier, but no change to ignite. Sometimes golems dont shoot one bigger enemy enough and it is left to around 10-20% hp. With ignite it will burn out fast but with no burn they will have to shoot it again to finally kill it)

Right now I recommend for 4 Golems without Empower
Golem -> Minion Damage -> Spell Echo -> Gmp -> Fire Penetration -> Controlled Destruction

With Empower
Golem -> Minion Damage -> Spell Echo -> Gmp -> Empower -> Controlled Destruction

2) Its left from old configuration as garbage link and should be in cwdt(20) links, ill clean it.
Thanks for notice.

If you craft minion speed with essences on both rings and amulet, you wont need convocation anymore as minion run where the totem is in less than second.

3-4) Because I use Infernal Mantle for +1 level of socketed fire gems. I can barely squeeze temp chains with enhance, discipline and clarity to stay over low mana. I need all mana reservation nodes to stay out of low mana. Damage with golems over level 20 golems is enough with EE from totem to kill bosses without other curses, and i feel that temp chains gives me best value from curses as it gives me freedom to move inside packs and longers the burn damage of golems. My second choise would be Flammability if I could add other curse. Clarity is there to add 10% more damage for golems.
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 8, 2017, 8:57:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info