[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Can this build do Hall of Grandmasters?

"
Yes, i cleared it yesterday with :stronk:

Hall of Grandmasters can be done. I have run it myself for multiple of my friends in standard and I know build followers are running it already ;)

It needs bit luck to not get few specific builds in the Wings. There are 1-2 Energy shield based "Cast when damage taken" tanks that are impossible to do with minions as they attack and heal instantly when they are shot by Golems. If they appear in the map, its bad news for that run. However any Righteous Fire or Scorching Ray build can kill them for you if have a party member. Their skills don't hit and wont cause the CWDT to trigger making the tanks easy kills.

Best tactics is to place totem, start a wave and move 1 screen back. Summon Golems up if any of them die (Spell echo is super useful here as you get 2x Golems instantly). Don't rush to frontline as you may die much easier than Golems do. Ill try to record hall of gm run later.

lastly NEVER take Animate Guardian to Hall of Grandmasters, not on any level. It will die 100%

"
I see people talking about Spectres, but this build doesn't use Spectres, does it?

"
Considering how long you'll apparently be relying on spectres referring to it as a golem build seems a bit misleading

"
Can someone expalain to me why are we using specters and is there any life based tree?

Hey :)

Specters are a way to reach high end maps while getting currency for Anima Stone, which is basically requirement for Golem build. Specters are early level summons and gear that boosts them costs next to nothing even on first day ot the league. They make leveling very safe and easy while keeping costs at minimum for early access to Anima Stone and Golems that way. "Flame Sentinel" Specters are really close to Flame Golems with their skills, so they simulate full 4x Golem party pretty well.

If you have enough currency to get Anima Stone early on, you can go full Golemancer straight at level 34 when you can equip level 1 gem.

There is no life based skill tree for this build. I tried to tinker with full life in beta, buy it wasn't worth it. You lose too many jewel and minion nodes while ending with too little life. Build can now reach 8000-8500 EHP (Life+ES) in league easy and it should be enough for all content with all extra defenses from the skills.

"
in previous builds ive seen like 5 harmonys used with a might and a anima stone does that have any merit over using two rare jewels? recently swapped to the golems now and i couldnt really tell a diffrence betwen using 5 harmonys or 3

Hi!

Rare jewels with 15-16% minion damage roll give almost the same damage as harmonys if using only 1 Golem type. They can be used early on as harmony replacements, but later on Golems will need the 2% regeneration per Harmony to survive endgame boss damage.

"
Still leveling so no money for 5L/6L Infernal Mantle, and with a few mana reduction nodes, I could also add Discipline, leaving no mana.
Need to experiment on how to trigger EE now: maybe CWDT/Ice Nova/Inc AOE?

I have also taken the Skittering Runes curse cluster (just above Scion life wheel) for another 20% curse effectiveness. Things are definitely slowing down now.

Cheapest way to apply EE I can possibly think of, is using level 1 "Freezing Pulse" or "Spark" selfcast with no additional support gems. Both have 4-5 mana cost and can be used to trigger EE on bosses reliably.

Boosting Temporal chains is best way to increase defenses. Each % closer to the cap gives more benefit. If you get "The Vertex" with 20-30% Temporal Chains curse effectiveness enhancement, you can get capped 75% TC without any curse nodes with adding level 4 "Enhance" to the vertex ;)

"
The build itself is suitable for beginners: that is, it will allow you to sail right through the content to red maps on a very very low budget (less than an ex).

Once you hit high red maps/Guardians, yes you will need better gear. But you won't need all of the above immediately.

The gear listed above is the absolute maximum gear (well: maybe I would include a +1 curse corrupted Presence of Chayula). Likely you will have to settle for lesser gear for a substantial time:
1) A non-corrupted 6L Fire Mantle or even a 5L
2) The boots will come down in price, use an uncorrupted one for a long time
3) Presence of Chayula is nice, but an Eye of Chayula and some chaos res on your gear will work as well
4) Anima+Might+harmonies: yes you will need these eventually. 9-11ex is not that hard to farm.
5) 20 quality gems are cheap, if you buy them as Q16 or so, add prisms and level them yourself
6) Rumi's is another ex.
7) Empower level 4s are also expensive.

We are in the first week of the league. So yes, money is scarce and gear is expensive.

Prices for some gear are likely to drop as more and more stuff is found, people start on their 2nd / 3rd build etc.

And once you get into red maps, farming goes *way* faster than in all other content.

Just be glad you are not in standard: there the maximum would include legacy gear and mirrored gear as well, and you would be looking at 1000+ ex :)

Exactly this! :D

Prices are falling every day in league as more items are coming to market. The build is pretty safe with all the minions even in high level maps, so gearing for survival is no needed as strongly as with melee builds. Normal rare items can be used in most slots that have no beneficial item for minions while leveling.

Red maps are the real way to make currency. All mods are good to run, so no need to spam chaos to get right mods. Even Vaal orbs can be used on maps to get huge quantity bonuses with no risk.

Build can be min-maxed in standard with legacy gear after league with all the currency lying around after 3 month of grinding, so room for improvement can be also a thing to look for in future ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 11, 2017, 6:07:09 AM
"
The +1 level on most items are bonus, not necessity. +1 Rainbowstride can be bought later in league for cheap as players keep corrupting more of them. Players are farming t16 Guardians with normal 5 link Infernal Mantle already. You can buy rare amulet and not lose huge amount of EHP. Most powerful items that I'm linking as end game gear should be showing potential, not requirement.

Take league easy, map safe tiers and update gear slowly when you get enough currency for next update. Later in league all prices for non "Anima Stone" items will drop considerably ;)

Guys, i'm playing Standard, no idea why you always talk about league.
So I guess prices here are more or less stable.
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
Still leveling so no money for 5L/6L Infernal Mantle, and with a few mana reduction nodes, I could also add Discipline, leaving no mana.
Need to experiment on how to trigger EE now: maybe CWDT/Ice Nova/Inc AOE?

I have also taken the Skittering Runes curse cluster (just above Scion life wheel) for another 20% curse effectiveness. Things are definitely slowing down now.

Cheapest way to apply EE I can possibly think of, is using level 1 "Freezing Pulse" or "Spark" selfcast with no additional support gems. Both have 4-5 mana cost and can be used to trigger EE on bosses reliably.

Boosting Temporal chains is best way to increase defenses. Each % closer to the cap gives more benefit. If you get "The Vertex" with 20-30% Temporal Chains curse effectiveness enhancement, you can get capped 75% TC without any curse nodes with adding level 4 "Enhance" to the vertex ;)

For some reason, I am trying to get to the cap without having the 30% Vertex and the level 4 Enhance.

Just to make sure of the math (please correct me if I am wrong)

A level 20/0 TC (with +1 from the Vertex) is 30%
A level 20/20 TC (with +1 from the Vertex) is 40%
If I add a level 1 Enhance, the vertex makes it level 2, this gives 8 quality to TC for an additional 4% giving me a Base Chance of 44%

And then, the increased mods:
- Blasphemy (14%) (it has Q28 due to the Enhance)
- Hex Master cluster (10%)
- Skittering Runes (20%)
- Whispers of Doom (10%) (I take the 2 5% nodes, rather than the 1 cast speed node)
are added together with 100% (154%) and multiplied with the Base Chance giving me 67.8%

If the Enhance hits level 2, the math becomes 48% * 158% is 75.84%
If the Enhance hits level 3, I can remove Skittering Runes and I get 52% * 142% = 73.84% (close enough)

So (almost) 75% TC is very possible with relatively cheap gear and without 100 UberLab runs.
The downside is investing 7 skill points early and 4 later on (one can probably buy a corrupted Enhance 3 in a few days relatively cheap).

And 3 of these skill points are debatable: Hex master gives another 40% AOE to curses, and this may warrant giving up one of the many 3-node Jewel slots anyway.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
So, it might just be me.

But ive done some testing.

Im running 5 golems, and im using cwd, inc dur, desecrate and bone offering, in that order in links.

Everytime my cwdt goes off, a golem insta dies, anyone care to explain how this happens?

So an update, it seems im a retard, using cwdt in your weapon makes it spawn a stone golem :)
Last edited by Gizma on Aug 11, 2017, 12:58:42 PM
"
hwat wrote:
"
The +1 level on most items are bonus, not necessity. +1 Rainbowstride can be bought later in league for cheap as players keep corrupting more of them. Players are farming t16 Guardians with normal 5 link Infernal Mantle already. You can buy rare amulet and not lose huge amount of EHP. Most powerful items that I'm linking as end game gear should be showing potential, not requirement.

Take league easy, map safe tiers and update gear slowly when you get enough currency for next update. Later in league all prices for non "Anima Stone" items will drop considerably ;)

Guys, i'm playing Standard, no idea why you always talk about league.
So I guess prices here are more or less stable.

Prices in standard are pretty much stable. T2-3 rolls in items are not very expensive as there are many leagues worth of items dumped into market. T1 is super expensive, but not really needed to push for it.

"
For some reason, I am trying to get to the cap without having the 30% Vertex and the level 4 Enhance.

Just to make sure of the math (please correct me if I am wrong)

A level 20/0 TC (with +1 from the Vertex) is 30%
A level 20/20 TC (with +1 from the Vertex) is 40%
If I add a level 1 Enhance, the vertex makes it level 2, this gives 8 quality to TC for an additional 4% giving me a Base Chance of 44%

And then, the increased mods:
- Blasphemy (14%) (it has Q28 due to the Enhance)
- Hex Master cluster (10%)
- Skittering Runes (20%)
- Whispers of Doom (10%) (I take the 2 5% nodes, rather than the 1 cast speed node)
are added together with 100% (154%) and multiplied with the Base Chance giving me 67.8%

If the Enhance hits level 2, the math becomes 48% * 158% is 75.84%
If the Enhance hits level 3, I can remove Skittering Runes and I get 52% * 142% = 73.84% (close enough)

So (almost) 75% TC is very possible with relatively cheap gear and without 100 UberLab runs.
The downside is investing 7 skill points early and 4 later on (one can probably buy a corrupted Enhance 3 in a few days relatively cheap).

And 3 of these skill points are debatable: Hex master gives another 40% AOE to curses, and this may warrant giving up one of the many 3-node Jewel slots anyway.

Math looks good. TC is strongest of the slowing abilities, but you can take things reallly slow if you want to push for it :

- Temporal Chains (-75% to attack, cast and movement)
- Hinder from Animate Guardian (-25% movement speed)
- Place "Chance to maim" gem with Animate Guardian instead of melee splash (-30% movement speed)
- Place "Arctic Breath" instead of Ball lightning in totem to get chilled ground (-10% to attack, cast and movement)

I got Uber Izaro down to barely moving and in maps all non-boss enemies almost stand still as they have no reduction to effects. It takes enjoyment of kiting in non-boss battles but better be safe ;)

"
So, it might just be me.

But ive done some testing.

Im running 5 golems, and im using cwd, inc dur, desecrate and bone offering, in that order in links.

Everytime my cwdt goes off, a golem insta dies, anyone care to explain how this happens?

Hey!

I'm almost sure that you have "Cast When Damage Taken" link in your clayshaper. This actually adds Stone Golem "skill" from your item to the "Cast When Damage Taken" order and when you take damage, you will also summon Stone Golem. This will exceed your Golems maximum number and game will kill one Flame Golem to make room for your new Stone Golem.

Place cast when damage taken links on gloves, boots or shield to fix the problem :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 11, 2017, 1:26:36 PM
Hey,

im currently level 73 and next big step is to take the golems.

So which jewel (anima stone or primordial might) should i use at first since i can afford only 1 primordial might jewel :/

Why no spell echo for SRS? On low-mid levels I could only maintain like 10 of them at most, and mana is an issue when spamming. With echo I go up to 16 and mana is always full. Surely that is better than melee phys support?

Is multistrike really worth on heralds? The effective damage multiplier seems really crappy, like 25% at the levels you're going to use it on. Or do they do significant non-phys damage to justify using it over melee phys?

Also, how do you play with no movement skill?
Last edited by Rivx on Aug 11, 2017, 7:22:36 PM
4 flame +1 ice +1 lightning ,elementalist 8.1k es shaper down.
Some people say controlled dest gem dont work on golems ?
Once we get presence of chayula are we supposed to change major god out of brine king to something else?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info