[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:

That's very solid looking setup!

Defenses look excellent and you have fresh take on the skill setup. Looks like it could work well in HC thanks to added layers of protecions. Very well balanced set of damage, defense and utility.

Thank you! ^^

"
mika2salo wrote:

However when clearing they are very weak. They run off-screen and tend to take on single enemies. Trash mobs can have just enough Fire res that increased damage from shock doesn't speed up clearing much, but lowering the defenses to 0% or lower with Ele Weakness makes mobs die in 1-shot. Even Skitter Bots + Aspect of Spider don't match the clear-speed that EW on Blashpemy provides.

Completely agree with you. As i said, i was aiming at the end game boss farming, where curses are not effective. Now i regret my choises because buffed T16 maps clear speed is annoying.
You made me think... i might actually ditch skitterbots with spider aspect, and take blasphemy with ele weakness and flamability + enlighten. Just need to respec 3 passive points or get +1 curse corruption.
"
c__rat wrote:

Completely agree with you. As i said, i was aiming at the end game boss farming, where curses are not effective. Now i regret my choises because buffed T16 maps clear speed is annoying.
You made me think... i might actually ditch skitterbots with spider aspect, and take blasphemy with ele weakness and flamability + enlighten. Just need to respec 3 passive points or get +1 curse corruption.

So, here is MF(ish) variant with 2 curses:
https://pastebin.com/WcgGtmdL

Clear speed vs mobs improved greatly! I am 6.3K ES now, with 37% IIQ. EHP is not so great, but defence layers and some kiting helps to survive farming juiced up T16.

Last edited by c__rat on Oct 18, 2019, 9:42:27 AM
Hit 40/40 for the league boys.

Thought I'd post my gear and a few thoughts.

Gear

Flasks

Jewels

League Thoughts

I really enjoyed the league as a whole, and hope it comes back as a core mechanic. Oil is just kind of power creep, but I enjoyed being able to save so many passives by having them.

Blighted maps are very fun and I hope they keep them. I did 100 and only lost money on a few, it was almost always a profit to do them, and not a small profit either.

Blight in maps I still had fun with, but the rewards for the time spent were underwhelming. Maybe either make the rewards a bit better, or the encounters a little faster.

Challenges aside from a few were pretty OK this league.

Build

I mean, what can I say, I've played the build for many leagues so I obviously enjoy it, Mika put a lot of work into making an easy to follow guide for a great build.

I did switch a few things up this time. I used Feeding Frenzy, and really enjoyed the buff it offered. I had it linked to my zombies.

I used Flame Dash instead of Phase Run this league. This was both good and bad. I think I enjoy Phase Run as a whole more, and it is amazing for delve, but Flame Dash was so nice for transitioning from low to high ground, and just going through fenced/gated areas like Shrine map. I don't know which one I'll pick next league I play. I think Phase Run prob still best for build, but I did enjoy the freedom Flame Dash offered.

Elemental resistances capping was a joke this league. So nice! Even Chaos res capping was easy, had 75% all league till I changed my boots to some speedy quick bois.

I really enjoyed using Essence Glutton as an ascendancy point. I did however change it to Mistress of Sacrifice after I was finished leveling for the league. I only changed it because I wanted more movement speed. I had my 35% MS boots, and was lucky enough to have an Unnatural Instinct drop(first time ever) for 9% more MS, so I wanted as much as I could get. You can see I made it to 135%

Bone Barrier saved me many times, and is a very welcomed active skill to Necro.

The +2 gems ascendancy point was boring but very nice, I could feel the difference in power with that and my +2 chest.

I still miss using Profane Bloom leagues later. RIP Occultist, you were in my opinion the best version of this build, but they gutted you.

Overall the build is amazing as always. I'm a little scared they are gonna Nerf the poop out of it(Necro and minions in general) next league, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the great league and guild boys, I'll still be lurking around getting some master favor and trying to farm the Celestial hideout. With us moving from CA to WY in about a month my wife is gonna love that I'm finished with the league though :P
"
c__rat wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

That's very solid looking setup!

Defenses look excellent and you have fresh take on the skill setup. Looks like it could work well in HC thanks to added layers of protecions. Very well balanced set of damage, defense and utility.

Thank you! ^^

"
mika2salo wrote:

However when clearing they are very weak. They run off-screen and tend to take on single enemies. Trash mobs can have just enough Fire res that increased damage from shock doesn't speed up clearing much, but lowering the defenses to 0% or lower with Ele Weakness makes mobs die in 1-shot. Even Skitter Bots + Aspect of Spider don't match the clear-speed that EW on Blashpemy provides.

"
So, here is MF(ish) variant with 2 curses:
https://pastebin.com/WcgGtmdL

Clear speed vs mobs improved greatly! I am 6.3K ES now, with 37% IIQ. EHP is not so great, but defence layers and some kiting helps to survive farming juiced up T16.

Hey :)

Good to hear that Ele Weakness helped the clear-speed! It's surprisingly effective to drop resistances to 0% compared to add 20% increased damage while mobs still have 40%+ resistance up ;)

MF setup looks nice also, but 6k seems pretty low with CI setup. However that depends totally on what tier you farm and your kiting skills.

"
League Thoughts

I really enjoyed the league as a whole, and hope it comes back as a core mechanic. Oil is just kind of power creep, but I enjoyed being able to save so many passives by having them.

Blighted maps are very fun and I hope they keep them. I did 100 and only lost money on a few, it was almost always a profit to do them, and not a small profit either.

Blight in maps I still had fun with, but the rewards for the time spent were underwhelming. Maybe either make the rewards a bit better, or the encounters a little faster.

Challenges aside from a few were pretty OK this league.

Build

I mean, what can I say, I've played the build for many leagues so I obviously enjoy it, Mika put a lot of work into making an easy to follow guide for a great build.

I did switch a few things up this time. I used Feeding Frenzy, and really enjoyed the buff it offered. I had it linked to my zombies.

I used Flame Dash instead of Phase Run this league. This was both good and bad. I think I enjoy Phase Run as a whole more, and it is amazing for delve, but Flame Dash was so nice for transitioning from low to high ground, and just going through fenced/gated areas like Shrine map. I don't know which one I'll pick next league I play. I think Phase Run prob still best for build, but I did enjoy the freedom Flame Dash offered.

Elemental resistances capping was a joke this league. So nice! Even Chaos res capping was easy, had 75% all league till I changed my boots to some speedy quick bois.

I really enjoyed using Essence Glutton as an ascendancy point. I did however change it to Mistress of Sacrifice after I was finished leveling for the league. I only changed it because I wanted more movement speed. I had my 35% MS boots, and was lucky enough to have an Unnatural Instinct drop(first time ever) for 9% more MS, so I wanted as much as I could get. You can see I made it to 135%

Bone Barrier saved me many times, and is a very welcomed active skill to Necro.

The +2 gems ascendancy point was boring but very nice, I could feel the difference in power with that and my +2 chest.

I still miss using Profane Bloom leagues later. RIP Occultist, you were in my opinion the best version of this build, but they gutted you.

Overall the build is amazing as always. I'm a little scared they are gonna Nerf the poop out of it(Necro and minions in general) next league, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the great league and guild boys, I'll still be lurking around getting some master favor and trying to farm the Celestial hideout. With us moving from CA to WY in about a month my wife is gonna love that I'm finished with the league though :P

Hey :)

Huge GZ on getting the 40/40! \o/

Zombies seem like a nice addition to the build compared to Storm Brand in general. You trade some clear speed to more tankiness and better debuffs from Ghastly Eye jewels. They can die, but with added minion level, I only lost some in t16+ endgame bosses.

Phase Run feels best to use, but skill to move between high to low ground is very nice to have. I hope GGG would make us flask that it's effect.

I was also surprised at how easy capping resistances was. Not sure if it will remain so easy after next patch, but sure enjoyed running all kind of bad uniq items on my test setup while still easily capping.

I have yet to try Essence Glutton. It's just hard to drop block chance, minion levels or other good stuff. Maybe Ill force myself to do it in the name of science. I have been very impressed with Bone Barrier also. It's basically two old Ascendancy baked into one.

Ocucltist will be missed, but honestly I like the new buffed Necro with almost capped block chance even more. So easy to cap resistances, get high block, physical reduction, etc. I'm sure GGG will be balancing some of the nodes, but in general Flame Golems and TVs will be safe. TV's just got rebalanced and Flame Golems could even use some DPS buff if not talking about the Pledge setup. I guess the build will end between 3.7 <-> 3.8 powerlevel in 3.9.

Gl in moving and enjoy time with the family! Next league might get you back in the game in no time ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Hi,

How superior Bone offering is compared to Spirit offering?

I am new to the game and not really understand the blocking mechanic. Spirit offering showed me the energy shield "healing" effect which makes me want to use it more.

Is it okay if I would like to use spirit offering for defence? If yes, do I need to change any thing if I already followed the necromancer + shield blocking version of mika2salo.

Many thanks.
"
Tuan173 wrote:
Hi,

How superior Bone offering is compared to Spirit offering?

I am new to the game and not really understand the blocking mechanic. Spirit offering showed me the energy shield "healing" effect which makes me want to use it more.

Is it okay if I would like to use spirit offering for defence? If yes, do I need to change any thing if I already followed the necromancer + shield blocking version of mika2salo.

Many thanks.

Hello :)

Sorry for late answer but had some irl happenings.

Blocking works in two ways :

- Block chance

Gives you chance to block attacks. This is easy to raise and most shields give you about 25% base chance to block. About 72% block is max without legacy gear.

- Spell block chance

Gives chance to block spells. This is harder to raise, but can reach high numbers when using Bone Offering and Rumis flask. About 51% spell block is max without using legacy gear.

Block chance gives high protection against worst enemy of the build, physical damage.

Spirit offering gives some ES when using it, but I would rather go got Essence Gluton which is synergic with using Bone Offering links. If you have level 21 Specter gem or have +1 Spectre level boots (lvl 21 gives 3rd Specter), you can potentially drop Unnatural Strength for Essence Gluton. This would drop you DPS, but increase defenses so it's a trade-off.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 26, 2019, 4:16:48 PM
Hey there,

I played a Golemancer (Elementalist) a few leagues ago and want to give it a shoot now again, but I've two questions:

1. Which Ascendancy can you suggest to a "lazy" player?
2. Could Elementalist work in SSF (without PoH and Shavs) or is Necro better for SSF?

Last edited by coryu on Oct 27, 2019, 5:19:11 AM
"
coryu wrote:
Hey there,

I played a Golemancer (Elementalist) a few leagues ago and want to give it a shoot now again, but I've two questions:

1. Which Ascendancy can you suggest to a "lazy" player?
2. Could Elementalist work in SSF (without PoH and Shavs) or is Necro better for SSF?

Hello :)

Both default Necro and Elementalist using Pledge are pretty relaxed builds to play. Both have about 2x buttons to press while minions do all the killing for you. Pledge is maybe even more relaxed as your immune to almost all status effects, so you don't even need to press flasks that often.

I would start with Necro as getting gear for it should be much easier in SSF. Elementalist relies heavily in Pledge for the damage, so mixing Specs or zombies with Golems would result in much lower DPS than just going for plain Necro.

If you are lucky and hit Pledge, I can highly recommend the Elementalist as it has very high DPS with good survival.

UPDATE

I have just released my first crafting video in my crafting series. It focuses on items that my build is using, but other builds can use as well. First item craft is about Crystal Belt, which are one of core items for the build and extremely cheap to self craft.

Poe Crafting 101 - Crystal Belts

https://youtu.be/_5EWLMGvYh8

All feedback is welcome as this is my first voice recording and was taken in one go, so there could be lot of room for improvement in the future.
"
mika2salo wrote:
Pledge is maybe even more relaxed as your immune to almost all status effects, so you don't even need to press flasks that often.

I guess you wanted to write Elementalist instead of Pledge :-D

So without PoH -> Necro, but if I play non-SSF or find one in SSF, then I should go for Elementalist with Pledge?
Thanks for this build!

I managed to beat uber elder for the first time (took 7 sets and the successful attempt took 4 portals). I'm also at my current highest level (lvl94) the highest I've ever been was level 91.

I somehow managed to amass 10ish exalts and was wondering what you would suggest going for next.

Buying a level 4 empower?
Buying a 21/20 animate guardian and/or spectre?
Converting to an elemetalist build and get a 6 link pledge?
Getting a watchers eye or gambling with one of the timeless jewels?
General update of gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info