[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Well don't get me wrong: you have to put them into different slots, e.g. Cwdt setup1 into gloves, Cwdt setup2 into Offhand.

Because of the fact that it is lvl 1 on the one and lvl 2 on the other hand, they will proc successively after different amounts of dmg taken.
This is known to work for more than 1 year and is my setup on my Zombiemancer char (see: Zombiemancer 3.5 Guide, => Defense)

Hello :)

Good point about using them in 2x different slots, forgot to mention that.

"
Oh, have to admit that I forgot about the new gem with additional totems.
Tho I don't see them cast 3 totems each, do you?
Here are the numbers with 2 totems/Spectre:

CONC EFFECT
Golem (Magma Orb) : 4x 223k = 892k DPS
TV : 6x 160k = 960k DPS
= 1,852k DPS

COMBUSTION
Golem (Magma Orb) : 4x 208k = 832k DPS
TV : 6x 174k = 1,044k DPS
= 1,876k DPS

BUT regarding that:

- you did it with such a negligible difference
- that you are using Vis Mortis with +1 spectre instead of Skin armour with +1 additional level to Golem Link setup (which most players don't)
- you are running +30% ELE DMG support on helmet (which most players don't)
- totem's dmg is on an over-time base it only occurs for really long boss fights

..it comes down to what body armour and Helmet you are using.

I tested multiple totems support before the patch witn 1x TV Spec and I saw 3x totems sometimes. Most likely TV places 3rd just before firsts duration ended. Can't really tell if it's working with 2 or 3 totems atm.

Yep, it's very gear dependant. With +2 sotl and pseudo 6-link helmet the difference will be higher for the Golems.

"
What do most people recommend playing this as? I generally love occultist, is the difference huge between necro and occultist when it comes to mapping and bossing in end game?

"
the general concensus is that Necro is easier to begin with gear wise and better rounded off in terms of survivability and damage

towards the later parts of the game, better gear, occultist provides more stable defenses and slightly less boss damage (slightly)

theres a nice comparison in the FAQ section

"
Thanks! Sounds like it is occultist for me (or just a respec later).

Hey :)

I generally recommend leveling using Necro if it's your first time doing the build. It's easiest and cheapest to level and has best documentation. After lvl 80-85 when you start getting end-game gear, it's easier to switch to Elementalist or Occultist.

For end-game content and especially Delve, occultist has been very popular. Defenses are excellent and damage is very good. DPS difference starts to show mostly at Shaper or Uber Elder, but if you are not focusing solely on boss grinding it wont differ much.

"
Not all of them are the corruption I want, but finally got a full collection of corrupted jewels.

Hit level 100 and well on my way to 40/40, very fun league, and very fun build. Really enjoyed playing the Occultist version, got to 600 delve depth with it.

Hi :)

\o/ Gz on lvl 100! \o/
I'm very happy to add another lvl 100 player to hall of fame in one league :)
You must have excellent kiting skills to reach lvl 100 in Syndicate league.

You have an excellent set of corruption in your jewels. I should start upgrading my non-corrupted ones as well.

UPDATE

"sumfight" is now 13th player to reach lvl 100 with this build!
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Please check my gear guys.. I really want to know what to upgrade next.. maybe left ring!? :/
"
Dan_Rey wrote:
Please check my gear guys.. I really want to know what to upgrade next.. maybe left ring!? :/

Hello :)

Wow, your gear is really decked out o_0

I agree that left ring is probably easiest item to replace. You can also :
- Try to get +1 level & +1 Spec boots
- Try to get helmet with 150 ES+ or socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage
- Farm Reflection enchantment to gloves
- Farm useful Enchantment on helmet
- Try to get Watchers Eye with Clarity + 2x Discipline lines

Other than that, not much to add. Your gear is already as good or even better than mine. Next step would be getting all legacy gear in standard as guild member "Nemesis87" has done. 14k EHP and over 2.5k ES regen per sec. I have no idea how many mirrors hes setup costs already.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
"
mika2salo wrote:

- Try to get +1 level & +1 Spec boots
- Try to get helmet with 150 ES+ or socketed gems deal 30% more elemental damage
- Farm Reflection enchantment to gloves
- Farm useful Enchantment on helmet
- Try to get Watchers Eye with Clarity + 2x Discipline lines

Thanks for your feedback!

How do I get such boots? I mean I have those Legy ones with +1 LvL +1 Spectre but they only have 20ish Energy Shield..

Helmet is incredibly hard to upgrade. I've been looking for upgrades for weeks now.

Watcher's Eye with Clarity is expensive on the one hand, on the other I can't seem to find room for clarity aura in this build (gem wise and even more mana reserved wise) Tripple Discipline is better ofc..but is about 150+ Ex lol

What were your money making methods Dan_Rey for buying your gear?
"
sumfight wrote:
What were your money making methods Dan_Rey for buying your gear?

sniping for little, selling for much currency ;)
So mostly just flipping items? Or more flipping currency?
Nono just items! Actually it was coincidence..just found cheap stuff while looking for gear for this build. My current watchers eye was 5 Ex, but is worth about 25. Easy 20 Ex if I were to sell it.
Is there a breakpoint for health and resists that make AG survive uber elder or is best to not bring him?
Hi guys!
Thanks for the great guide - really fun! :-D
Would you mind taking a quick check of my gear and what to upgrade next?
Damage is pretty good and my minions hardly ever die, but especially at Bosses I'm pretty squishy and often getting one-shotted...
Also delphing is so much fun for me, but I'm pretty stressed out with my build so far! ;-)
Budget is low to mid I would say - a few 100c would be absolute max at the moment! :-)
Thx alot!

Edit: Now I bought the "Presence of Chayula", an Elder Helmet and the "Rainbowstride"-Boots. With this setup, my minions are dying all the time! Hmmm - I'm trying now to balance between those two setups... ;-)
Last edited by SenorSpielbergo on Jan 24, 2019, 5:22:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info