[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Krekel82 wrote:
I never played with animate armor so excuse the maybe dumb question but why is it not wise to use it at lower levels and at certain bosses?
What is the downside of using it at lower levels? Or is it more like it cost a lot to cast and it dies to quick or something?

or should it have some buff and stats from items before it gets good enough? I know that in the end you use it for the second curse but at lower levels is it doing any damage or is it useless?

"
When the animated guardian dies, you lose all the items you used on it. I think that should explain why you don't want to use it at low levels :)

"
Wow, I did not read that part haha, good for saying that, maybe something that could be added to the part where the items are mentioned for the animate guardian.

Well said :)

When Animate Guardian dies, you lose all its gear. The gear is not worth that much, but its a pain to buy new batch of items. You want Animate Guardian to have beefy hitpoints and then strengthen it with fortify / empower and minion life.

Only about 1/4 of hits connect to Animate Guardian and it heals very fast, but it must have health buffer to not die in 2-3 consecutive hits in boss fights.

On certain bosses Animate Guardian is at disadvantage as you can't get as much regen on it as with Golems, as it doesn't benefit from "Primordial Harmonies". Mainly Vaal Temple bosses with crazy high chaos degen can melt it, and Uber Atziri may be able to one shot it with double Flame Blast. At level 27 Animate Guardian can even tank Shaper, so they are the only bosses not to use Animate Guardian ever if not feeling very adventurous.

I'll add the line to Animate Guardian gearing part, nice notice :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 3, 2017, 1:40:12 PM
Morning

You can see how exited I am, time of post.

"- Play style is extremely inactive, you press one button every 5 seconds and that's it"

Could you please explain the above. (Think this means once you have End-Game Jewel's, The Anima Stone etc. Don't see anymore Zombies, Raging Spirits and Specters being used.)

Frome what I can make out there a two phases.

Phase 1 Zombies, Raging Spirits and Specters this is for levelling.

Phase 2 The Anima Stone etc. with end gear in mind plus main weapon "Flame golem" Specters for Flame Sentinel in map.

Tnx in Advance.
Last edited by jgundlach on Aug 4, 2017, 1:21:40 AM
I am a pretty new player. I beat Normal after Legacy ended, so I've got maybe 4 or 5 days of experience in this game. It felt pointless to keep playing since I was going to be resetting in a couple days anyhow for 3.0, and didn't see any way to get maps before then for practical experience.

I REALLY like how this build looks, and after a ton of theory research and thought, I just have one question:

Will this build still be viable in the total 'endgame' for 3.0? (i.e. T15/T16 maps, Shaper, Uber Aziri, or w/e else counts as 'the end of PoE'.) I simply cannot guesstimate if it will based on just patch notes and the info you've given. I only ever got to summon a single Flame Golem by the end of my Normal run, so I barely even have the experience. I feel like it can and will, I just want to make sure.

If it can, I'll definitely be running this build for Harbinger, as I simply love the concept and setup, despite how expensive it seems to be.
"
mika2salo wrote:
Items and skill tree are identical between Necromancer and Elementalist. Bone Offering gives minions high block chance in tougher battles. The Elemental resistance node for skill-tree is needed for Animate Guardian to cap elemental resitances, and all nodes leading to it give minion damage or regen.

Hey, the guide is looking a lot more accurate now. Just want to add though that the trees might not be the same for Golementalists. ELE probably won't take as many minion life nodes (like Herd the Flock) and instead go for another jewel slot or life/es nodes. Also, ELE is less likely to take so many mana reservation reduction nodes, especially without Commander of Darkness (really unfortunate and unnecessary nerf imo).

And a really minor point, but this is an example of what I meant by Lightning being better at Elreon AFK. :P No need to wait for the golems to shoot, since the orbs are already on the ground waiting for any mob that spawns (T16 map with ~+80% monster life).
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 4, 2017, 1:25:29 AM
is using esh's visage and not taking Necro Aegis worth it?
"
mika2salo wrote:
Spoiler
"
tomatopotato wrote:
One other thing you could add regarding NEC vs. ELE is that NEC is better suited for pure (5x) Chaos and Stone Golem builds.

Hey again :)

Added the line to Nec vs Ele comparison. Thanks for addition!

"
I can't find any info about skill tree/ascendancy/gear swap for me and golems if i'm going to play Elementalist. Could you help me please?
And also,as i understand Necro got more survivability, and Ele got more DMG?

Hi!

Items and skill tree are identical between Necromancer and Elementalist. Bone Offering gives minions high block chance in tougher battles. The Elemental resistance node for skill-tree is needed for Animate Guardian to cap elemental resitances, and all nodes leading to it give minion damage or regen.

Necromancer has more survivability and almost equal damage to Elementalist as Necromancer gets many minion damage nodes from Ascendancy. Necromancer is bit easier to customize as it can use many different minions and offerings depending on playstyle.

Elementalist is better for farming real late-game content as Golems are immune to most bosses. Golems can do bit more damage that Necromancers if going some mix between differenct golems like 4+2, 4+1+1, etc. Threads like

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5mqmcq/10_primordial_harmony_6_golem_damage_comparison/

are useful if you are interested, but testing is hard as GGG doens't give us minion tooltip damage.

Elementalist is not optimal for leveling with minion tree as other minions are bit weaker and Elementalist cant use Offerings for extra defense. I always recommend leveling as Necromancer and later switch to Elementalist when you can run full amount of Golems if you want to.

UPDATE

About 99% of total work is done.

Done:
- Animate Guardian updated to use dual curse
- New final passive tree
- Rewrite guide to be shorter and clearer to stay under 50k characters
- Adding more budget item options to massively lower cost for endgame
- Converting guide from Chaos inoculation to life / Energy Shield hybrid
- Relink all items to make sure no old / lost items remain
- Rewrite leveling guide
- Added warning not to use Animate Guardian at low level
- Added default Pantheons

Doing:
- Finalizing guide, cleaning stuff and adding missing bits

Thx for answer
What about focusing on HP/Str with The Baron and Iron Will for Flame Golems or Chaos Golems?
Is this build viable as a league starter?
"
jgundlach wrote:
Morning

You can see how exited I am, time of post.

"- Play style is extremely inactive, you press one button every 5 seconds and that's it"

Could you please explain the above. (Think this means once you have End-Game Jewel's, The Anima Stone etc. Don't see anymore Zombies, Raging Spirits and Specters being used.)

Frome what I can make out there a two phases.

Phase 1 Zombies, Raging Spirits and Specters this is for levelling.

Phase 2 The Anima Stone etc. with end gear in mind plus main weapon "Flame golem" Specters for Flame Sentinel in map.

Tnx in Advance.

Morning :)

This is warning to players who like adrenaline filled, button smashing play-style. Summoner play-style is not for everyone as in the endgame you will have only 2 functions :

1. Place totems to guide Golems and trigger EE
2. Kite and use flasks sometime

Early game when managing huge army of minions to keep them / yourself alive, there is more management to do. When minions reach point they stop dying and especially with high level Golems there is no reason to resummon them.

Phases are just right

First phase
Lots of minions in 4 links to maximize total damage, minimize damage they take per minion and to make them as tanky as possible. Later Focusing on Specters more.

Second phase
Once 4x Golems are out, dropping Summon Raging Spirit, Specters and Zombies and focusing on keeping yourself alive with rest of links.

"
Raddok wrote:
I am a pretty new player. I beat Normal after Legacy ended, so I've got maybe 4 or 5 days of experience in this game. It felt pointless to keep playing since I was going to be resetting in a couple days anyhow for 3.0, and didn't see any way to get maps before then for practical experience.

I REALLY like how this build looks, and after a ton of theory research and thought, I just have one question:

Will this build still be viable in the total 'endgame' for 3.0? (i.e. T15/T16 maps, Shaper, Uber Aziri, or w/e else counts as 'the end of PoE'.) I simply cannot guesstimate if it will based on just patch notes and the info you've given. I only ever got to summon a single Flame Golem by the end of my Normal run, so I barely even have the experience. I feel like it can and will, I just want to make sure.

If it can, I'll definitely be running this build for Harbinger, as I simply love the concept and setup, despite how expensive it seems to be.

Hey and thanks!

The build will carry you easily to maps T15 if you get 4x Golems. After that there are some routes to take.

1. Keep yourself alive, kite and use flasks.
This requires gearing, switching some items / gems to boss fights and learning boss mechanics. Fights are very fun and you can do pretty much all bosses with good gear.

2. Switch Ascendancy to Elementalist and farm bosses while dead.
Golems will be immune to elemental damage and attack boss after you are dead and don't re-spawn immediately. This costs near to nothing and most lategame bosses are Elemental based. This is not intended way to do bosses, but this way build can do all bosses even without any investment.

SO the choice is basically up to you. You can also start endgame farming with Elementalist and when you get more currency, re-spec back to Necromancer and do bosses deathless.

"
tomatopotato wrote:
Hey, the guide is looking a lot more accurate now. Just want to add though that the trees might not be the same for Golementalists. ELE probably won't take as many minion life nodes (like Herd the Flock) and instead go for another jewel slot or life/es nodes. Also, ELE is less likely to take so many mana reservation reduction nodes, especially without Commander of Darkness (really unfortunate and unnecessary nerf imo).

And a really minor point, but this is an example of what I meant by Lightning being better at Elreon AFK. :P No need to wait for the golems to shoot, since the orbs are already on the ground waiting for any mob that spawns (T16 map with ~+80% monster life).

Thanks, you have made good updates for the guide :)

Good point about Elreon with Lightning Golems. They basically leave minefield on spawn spots.

Yep, Auramancers got shafted pretty bad. Auras nodes are to keep away from low mana with Temporal Chains + Discipline. Actually this build got buffed, as we only run one aura and get from 10% -> 30% increased damage :)

"
is using esh's visage and not taking Necro Aegis worth it?

Esh's Visage is perfectly usable item, as we stay away from low mana and life. You will lose lots on minion damage and minion survivability, but get more survivability yourself. I feel that chaos damage is not that dangerous and is easy enough to raise chaos resistance with "The vertex", skill-tree, Ascenancy and rings / amulet.

You can use it, if you want to be super safe against chaos damage while leveling and maybe later switch to Necro Aegis. Golems really need extra defense from shields on T16 guardians.

"
DNOnnie wrote:
Thx for answer

Np, glad to help ^^

"
mietek1991 wrote:
What about focusing on HP/Str with The Baron and Iron Will for Flame Golems or Chaos Golems?

I have been tinkering with life based Golemancer and checked other Golem threads if anyone came out with working life based summoner. So far its not working as good as Hybrid.

Going full life you lose too many jewel sockets and good minion nodes from right side of tree. Iron will is pretty clunky way to get strength bonus for Golems. Chaos Golems just have horrible clear speed in maps.

Only endgame viable summon with "The Baron" is Summon Raging Spirit and they will melt on endgame boss damage. I'm really wondering what will happen to pure life based summoners and what tier will be last the SRS and Zombies will stay alive?

"
Mindfreak wrote:
Is this build viable as a league starter?

Hey :)

This build is very viable for starting build, but not the easiest. Minions and their survivability are behind (very cheap) unique items, so trading is needed. Also acts 3-5 will be pretty hard on summoner as minions are too low level and act4 bosses are very dangerous.

From act 5 to maps its very easy when you get "Kitavas Herald" as minions and zombies pretty much start dying at that point. When you get Anima Stone and get 4x Golems, endgame is very easy up to T15. Golems don't almost ever die, and non boss enemies cant really hurt you.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 4, 2017, 6:29:10 AM
Last edited by DreamAwaken on Aug 4, 2017, 6:36:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info