[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
aerotsu wrote:
can you play this as SSF??

Hello :)

I'm not sure if i would recommend trying this in SSF. Minions builds are extremely dependent on unique items if wanting to reach high damage. Anima Stone is pretty much "the" item defines Golems build and I have never got Primordial Might as drop to trade for Anima.

You could ofc go for Elementalist and hope for Clayshaper as drop to play 3-4x Golems, but it wont be the same. Builds tree is good for Specter build if you want to add Golem(s) in pseudo 6link helmet to boost Specters damage, as Specs are far less dependent on unique items.

"
Hello and thanks for the awesome build! Killed guardians and shaper with it :) Wanna ask did u have any videos uber atziri map? After runing i think need some changes in setup, because pets died quickly and need better dps.

Thanks for support ^^

Gz on Shaper kill!

I can try to record one as soon as I get enough Mortal pieces. They are ridiculously expensive with bad drops, so I haven't ran them in some time.

For the boss fight, I recommend running Convocation as manual cast. You can teleport minions near you when Atziri uses double blast or when they decide to start shooting at reflect clone.

Elder pseudo 6-link helmet would really boost boss damage as Tukohama vanguard specters get nice boost from extra links, and you are pretty heavily invested in Specs already with Bones of Ullr and Soul Weaver.

If you are good at kiting, you can take Nceromantic Aegis and give minion defensive shield like "Rise of the Phoenix" to give minions more fire res. This lets minions tank double blast and take less damage from reflect clone.

Other buffs are raising Golems gem to 21/0 as levels are more important than quality for Golems DPS and HP.

Using Slower Projectiles is more effective than Culling Strike in Golems links as Slow Proj gives "more" damage while culling gives only increased damage.

I would also link "Enhance" to curses as quality really boosts Temp Chains to be much, much better. Ele Weakness is better curse than Flamma as it scales better with Quality.

Specs cant really use culling strike as Totems dont "hit" enemies and cant trigger culling strike. The TVs sometimes melee hit enemies, but something like Swift Affliction would boost damage much more.

Hope this helps :)

P.S.

Actually bought one set after all and recorded run :

https://youtu.be/k0WtLm6ij2E

"
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. The discussion isn't about X Harmony vs. Y Harmony. It's about 4.1.1 setup vs. 6.0 setup.

Anyway, there are several things I find strange about the trees you posted. The main thing is you haven't disabled Stone Golem from the Clayshaper. You're probably looking at 4.1.1.1 vs. 6.1. Disable the Stone Golem and you'll see that 4.1.1 is clearly ahead.

Other (off-topic) stuff:

Relative Spectre Damage
Spectre damage is quite formidable, of course, but it's not exactly free. Do you run a Spectre-based weapon or Clayshaper(s), for example? Death Attunement is pretty much a mandatory node for Spectres, but inefficient for Elementalist Golems. Harmony does nothing for Spectres. etc. etc. For those that plan to run Golems+Specs, the question of what to keep/sacrifice is another issue entirely. At any rate, assuming Spectres will simply double Golem damage isn't accurate imo. You can't just splice in a few Tukohama's Vanguards and think you'll get the same output as an actual Spectre build like Natt's.

The trees you posted are clearly Necro-based, which lowers potential DPS for Elementalist Golems. That's fine. If you believe Spectres are that much better on bosses, I think you might as well go all the way and try to pump the Spectres more. Cut down on Golem DPS since trash doesn't need so much damage anyway. (Run the bare minimum of 3x Harmony, run Flame Golems only, use more generic damage minion damage jewels, swap Skin for Vis Mortis, etc.)

Using Presence w/ +1 Curse Corruption
Saves 3 points from the LVL 98 tree. Not many players will bother leveling that high. The vast majority of players will never own a +1 curse Presence (or the +2 Skin also), which basically makes the first tree a LVL 101 Witch and second a LVL 119 Witch. I know they're probably just throwaway test trees to you, but they're not really useful for other players to use as a reference imo.

Using Victario's
For Flame Golems, this might be somewhat of a waste. Even with 8x Harmony, Spell Echo + 3x Frenzies appears to significantly outstrip how fast Flame Golems replenish charges.

Ascendancy Points
If you're playing softcore, you might as well get Beacon of Ruin instead of Paragon for the virtually free 20% shock.

10x/14x Jewels ≠ 9x/13x Harmony
It's 8x and 12x Harmony according to your pastebins.

Hi :)

Stone Golems got mixed as Pob adds one when I import. I fixed it out and got :

6x FG
113 132 x 6 = 678k 792k
https://pastebin.com/0rium4Xv

4x+1+1 FG
194 x 4 = 776k
https://pastebin.com/fiPAppch

Stone Golem must have messed Pob calcs earlier so have to check out variant trees. Thx for notice :)

Specs

Specs are doing enormous damage even in pseudo 6 link helmet and using just general minion damage nodes from tree. They also lower enemies fire res, which then boost Golems damage so part of Golems damage can be calculated to TVs damage as well as it wont happen without Specs.

Problem with Specs is that on the other hand they are broken and the other they are not. TVs deal much more damage than they should in pseudo 6-link and using generic minion damage nodes. However their clear speed sucks, so adding more than 2-3 to boost boss kill damage would seriously lower clear-speed. The debuff also wont stack more to boost Golems damage even if adding 4th or 5th Spec.

SG specs start stronger than FGs, but when reaching high levels FGs become stronger than SGs. At this point you want boss kill damage as trash dies very fast and TVs are much better at killing bosses than either adding SGs with Golems or using just FGs.

Low level Golems cant clear mobs with increased life or / and extra fire res fast enough. While running map without any increased defense on enemies, lower level Golems might clear fast enoug. However then stacking multiple defenses on map mobs, high level Golems clear significantly faster than Specs. I try to archive more linear damage between (trash mobs <-> resistant mobs <-> Boss) then huge damage spike on trash mobs or boss.

Tree

I just imported char data to test Golems DPS. Final trees are in guide section, so these are just to test stuff.

Vicratios

Harmonies are still bugged and Golems can cast extremely fast. I haven't noticed significant pauses in casting, but will test it again. TVs stack debuff faster and turn faster with frenzy charges which is pretty nice. Power charges boost Flame Golems damage very nicely. However high ES shield without Necro Aegis could be nice EHP boost.

Ascendancy Points
I tested the shock with friend in PVP and also against bosses, and could not see significant boost in damage. Either the shock lasts too short time, or doesn't boost DPS like it should.

10x/14x Jewels ≠ 9x/13x Harmony

True, forgot about Might.

P.S.

I actually forgot Flesh Offering links from 6xFG setup, so fixed numbers are in now.

"
Mika,

On this note, have you tried the build with an alternative gear setup:

6L vis mortis + midnight bargain for 5TVs and 3FG?

I feel like even 3 FGs is enough for map clearing, so focusing more damage on the boss via TVs would make end game feel better.

Hi :)

Vis Mortis is very good option if wanting to focus on boss damage. I like Sotl better myself as it gives more ES with high end gear and +1 levels boosts Golems damage.

Specs stack fire res debuff, which them boosts Golems damage, which is boosted by extra level from Sotl. Setup is pretty good for fast clear speed and good boss kill.

+1 corrupted Vis Mortis is clear winner over standard Sotl as extra Specs comes for free. Normal vis and normal Sotl, My votes go 60% for sotl and 40% for Vis.

With increasing TVs, you shorten boss fight time but decrease clear speed. Maybe 4 FG + 4 TV would be good balance between clear and boosted boss kill speed?

UPDATE

Uber Atziri With Elementalist 4+1+1 Mix

https://youtu.be/k0WtLm6ij2E
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on May 5, 2018, 11:07:20 PM
I'm level 72 Elementalist in Flashback Leauge. I'm wondering how I should start off? You said in guide it's harder to gear for 4+1+1 golem setup? Should I just go for 6 Fire golems to start with and then move on to 4+1+1? Because my plan was to run that when I can.

I'm wondering what gear/jewels/gems/etc is needed to make 4+1+1 work?
Last edited by Spliffor on May 7, 2018, 12:39:57 AM
Hello Guys

I want to make this build in next league(if not any hardcore nerfs... :D) and start on standard to learn something about summoner. I play golemancer but that was pure golemancer with stacking harmony for MF-ing.
So i know, golemancer isn't hard to play and learn some mechanic.

I ask about Scepters. I want to try this hybrid and never play before SRS/Zombie/Scepter. In 90% i play melee build or rf so i such at caster build.

So my question is how to start and on start league focus on what?
Current Ascendancy to take for noob who don't be best in farm currency?

I don't understand mechanic of summon scepter. If i had raise scepter i need to go on location where spawn. Use Desecerate, use "A" to check corpse. If it's scepter use raise scepter and i have this sceptres all time on Rise Sceptres or to Die?
What meen about leveling scepters? I know we have some location where spawning but between the locations there are several / several levels of difference.

Thanks for answer! :D

Your build is well described, just better to ask the way than to go astray
I love to create "new", there must be something here that I like.
Last edited by Polopiryn on May 6, 2018, 5:06:15 PM
"
Spliffor wrote:
I'm level 72 Elementalist in Flashback Leauge. I'm wondering how I should start off? You said in guide it's harder to gear for 4+1+1 golem setup? Should I just go for 6 Fire golems to start with and then move on to 4+1+1? Because my plan was to run that when I can.

I'm wondering what gear/jewels/gems/etc is needed to make 4+1+1 work?

4+1+1 mix is harder at first if you dont have Anima Stone. You are limited to 4x Golems and using 1-2x different type Golems leaves only 2x damage dealing Flame Golems. With Anima Stone you can start with any combonation as you can have at least 4x Flame Golems.

I recommend using 4x Flame Golems until you get Anima Stone at which point you can use 6x FGs to increase clear-speed or switch to 4+1+1 and get elemental immunities.

Only thing that 4+1+1 mix really needs is Anima Stone, 6 link armor and 1x Clayshaper.

"
Hello Guys

I want to make this build in next league(if not any hardcore nerfs... :D) and start on standard to learn something about summoner. I play golemancer but that was pure golemancer with stacking harmony for MF-ing.
So i know, golemancer isn't hard to play and learn some mechanic.

I ask about Scepters. I want to try this hybrid and never play before SRS/Zombie/Scepter. In 90% i play melee build or rf so i such at caster build.

So my question is how to start and on start league focus on what?
Current Ascendancy to take for noob who don't be best in farm currency?

I don't understand mechanic of summon scepter. If i had raise scepter i need to go on location where spawn. Use Desecerate, use "A" to check corpse. If it's scepter use raise scepter and i have this sceptres all time on Rise Sceptres or to Die?
What meen about leveling scepters? I know we have some location where spawning but between the locations there are several / several levels of difference.

Thanks for answer! :D

Your build is well described, just better to ask the way than to go astray
I love to create "new", there must be something here that I like.

Thanks for support ^^

Build is not really HC oriented and has literally 0% armour meaning that t15+ physical bosses can easily 1-shot you with dangerous mods. However if you are using build for farming or are really good at kiting, some guild and thread players have reaches 90+ levels in HC and made some interesting HC variants. You can search for HC variants in thread as I don't really know what to change for it.

Necromancer is easiest Ascendancy to take as you can get lots of block chance and EHP (HP + ES) from shield. I would start with zombies and SRS as they let you stay far from dangerous bosses. Over level them, so that they can kill boss easily while surviving whole fight. Stacking Regen items on minions is most important thing at first as they need to be kept alive to keep you alive.

Specters are now permanent so you will keep them between sessions. You only lose them if you remove the gem or if they die. Raising Specters level works as this :

Keeping Specters level up

When you enter any area while you have certain type of Specter up, it will automatically add that Specter type to the possible monster types that can be desecrated in the area. If you have level 50 Specters and want to raise them to level 60, you have to :
Enter level 60 area with wanted type of Specter raised
Start casting high enough level Desecrate to summon level 60 Corpses
Continue casting Desecrate until you find wanted type of corpse
(Optional) At this point drop all original Specters by removing the gem and inserting back again
Raise the Specter and it will be now level 60
Continue casting Desecrate until you have maximum number of Specters from the area

Basically you raise Specter in area where they spawn. Then enter higher level area and make sure that 1) Desecrate has as high level as the area 2) Raise Specter has as high level as the area. Then you use Desecrate to create higher level corpses of monsters you want and finally raise them. You will have now Specters with same level as the area you raised them in.

Hope this helps ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
I was planning on going for a 4-1-1 golem build, but I was wondering how important the two non flame golems are? It seems like most people go for 1x ice and 1x lightning but I was thinking of swapping one of those out for a stone or chaos golem for the defensive buffs.
HI,Mika i run your necro golemancer build in bestiary and destroyed everything easaly but just a question: could you update a little stuff for running HOGM cause i don't understand all the changes in build( the totem ^^ )and the gems in Rainbowstride. I would make this map with this build ^^ .

TY a LOT for the entire build and guide ; was very fun to play XD
I read some of the pages, but not all in the post, and I end up with some questions (I levelled your build to lvl 89 so far):

- I can only summon 4 golems. Where are the other two?
- Is it allowed to have a +added fire dmg ring? Or is EE not triggered correctly then?
- How important is the animated guardian? Can I not just use items I find on the way ... dont feel like deleting a BoR :)
- Can you please have a look at my char and items and give me some ideas? I die very easily right now :(
- How do I correctly see the dps in PoB? I get 11k dps when I go to fire golem main skill as dps output, but it feels like more ... I know I have 4 golems, still feels more than 44k dps.

Items

Passive

Thanks a lot, great build so far!
"
I was planning on going for a 4-1-1 golem build, but I was wondering how important the two non flame golems are? It seems like most people go for 1x ice and 1x lightning but I was thinking of swapping one of those out for a stone or chaos golem for the defensive buffs.

With Elementalist Lightning and Ice golems are taken as they provide immunity to chill, freeze and shock. This gives huge benefit as you don't have to use flasks to unfreeze yourself and you don't get surprise deaths while shocked. Most important thing for me however is the ability to use "Death's Doors" boots while having all 3x elemental Golem types:

Boots grant you immunity to bleeding which i find extremely helpful. Boots have normally bad line as they increase elemental statuses in yourself such as freeze, but 3x Golems with elementalist make you immune to statuses, so the increase doesn't matter.

Other Golems dont grant immunities while using Elementalist, so I don't really feel like their buffs are worth the effort. They can be useful in some scenarios, but maybe not used as permanent Golems.

"
HI,Mika i run your necro golemancer build in bestiary and destroyed everything easaly but just a question: could you update a little stuff for running HOGM cause i don't understand all the changes in build( the totem ^^ )and the gems in Rainbowstride. I would make this map with this build ^^ .

TY a LOT for the entire build and guide ; was very fun to play XD

Thanks for support ^^

I will try to record new run in HOGM in few days.

Basically you need 2x things for HOGM :
1) Strategy
2) Scorching Ray

1)
Don't hurry in map, take it safe and you can do whole map deathless. GMs have extremely high damage, but are pretty dumb.

When entering HOGM make sure Animate Guardian is not summoned and prepare to lose Specters as they will die in few waves. Golems are the thing that carry you through map.

Take Necromantic Aegis and use some shield on minions as they will stay alive for moment longer and take out more GMs. Your only real defense will be quick movement and keeping distance anyway.

Target wave in front of GMs with EE triggering skill, so that Golems will move near the wave. this way they will be first to take aggro when you start the wave.

After starting wave, charge 1-2 time back immediately and wait for killing to stop. If all Golems died, take distance and resummon them. then move them back to GMs with EE skill and check if anything attacks them. If all is safe, move to next wave and repeat from start.

2)
There are 2-3x Cast When Damage Taken build that trigger when they are hit and get insta healed after that. Golems cant kill them as all Golems spells "hit" them. You have to kills them yourself by casting Scorching Ray.

Drop all minions, take out Flame Golem gems and link at least 5 link depending on color :

Scorching Ray(level 20) - Faster Casting - Burning Damage - Less Duration - Swift Affliction - Empower

You can use "The Scourge" -claw to increase your spell damage with your minion damage, but it may not be needed.

"
I read some of the pages, but not all in the post, and I end up with some questions (I levelled your build to lvl 89 so far):

- I can only summon 4 golems. Where are the other two?
- Is it allowed to have a +added fire dmg ring? Or is EE not triggered correctly then?
- How important is the animated guardian? Can I not just use items I find on the way ... dont feel like deleting a BoR :)
- Can you please have a look at my char and items and give me some ideas? I die very easily right now :(
- How do I correctly see the dps in PoB? I get 11k dps when I go to fire golem main skill as dps output, but it feels like more ... I know I have 4 golems, still feels more than 44k dps.

Hi and thanks for support :)

1) Only Elementalist gets +1 Golems from Ascendancy nodes. Necromancer and Occultist use 4x Flame Golems.

2) Elemental Equilibrium is triggered by either spell or attack. If ring has "added fire damage to attakcs", only Shield Charge will trigger fire EE, but spells wont as they are not attacks.

3) Animate Guardian is very useful and pretty tanky if not taking it to t16+ boss fights. It's main fuctions are healing, slowing enemies, pulling aggro and spreading Elemental Weakness with hits if needed. It can be replaced, but I recommend testing it at least once with lvl 20 gem and feeling how it survives.

4)
- !Take "Necromantic Aegis" asap!
You are missing huge DPS boost to minions, and the shield wont really protect you anyway.
- Use armorers scraps on every piece of gear you use, they always give some extra ES, armor or evasion
- Skin of the Loyal gives 100% increased ES per ES on gear, so you want to max that in jewelry
- Try to get rings with (40+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances)
- Try to get amulet with (40+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances) or Presence of Chayula
- Try to get gloves with (150+ ES, 40+ HP, resistances)
- Use Blessed orb to roll belts upper line close to 80 ES and craft something on belt with master benches
- Swap "Bone Offer" and "Cast while Channeling" in gloves. CWC cast gems in order left-up, right-up, right-down, left-down and you want offer to be after "Desecrate"
- Try to increase Temp Chains gem quality as it affects curse effect
- Buy level 21/0 Flame Golem, they cost 10c and you gain 30% more damage that way (18 -> 21). Quality is not very important for Golems
- Take "Unnatural Calm" and all EHP (HP + ES) nodes in tree asap to max defenses

Kinda long list but most changes are small / cheap ;)

5) Go to "Configuration" and tick :
- "Enemy was hit by light. damage?" to add "Elemental Equilibrium" damage increase
- If using Necromantic Aegis, tick "Minions use power and frenzy charges". However you dont need this as you are using shield.
Last edited by mika2salo on May 8, 2018, 4:22:55 PM
im swapping from using death aura to flame golems as a occ im level 85 and in flash back so swapping to neco is not possible how is flame golems for bossing im not sure i will be able to get a elder helm to craft for the tv's
Hey! Thank you for the guide, playing it in Flashback atm.

My AG gem just reached lvl 19 so it's time to start using this dude as well. In the guide you say to use the Rathpick shield on him because it "Stacks with "Victario's Charity" shields block chance, so Animate Guardian is "using" 2 shields"

I'm not understanding this, because you also say to use Rathpick on my own char, without Necromantic Aegis, so what am I missing here? Who uses Victarios's?

And I guess I should've read some more of the comments here before spending all my currency on a SotL 3b2r1g, when I could've bought a 2b3r1g one for just 40c, hah. But I guess Fire Pren has less damage than Controlled Dest? If it's only marginally better, I might sell the one I have and start saving for Presence of Chayula.

Cheers!
Last edited by Tippen on May 9, 2018, 7:40:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info