[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Great guide but once I finally got all the pieces, or most of them, and started to level a Witch up I noticed an issue from the wiki page on Animate Guardian that seems to mess with your curses.

You take Whispers of Doom so that YOU can put 1 more curse on enemies, but the wiki clearly states that Animate Guardian does NOT share your curse limit. It mentions the corrupted gloves specifically.

So whenever your Guardian attacks and melee-splash curses Elemental Weakness on the stuff he is fighting it will overwrite your Blasphemy Temporal Chains, freeing the enemies from your clutches.

Of course if you are standing right there Temporal Chains will hit the mobs again and this time it should stack both curses.

BUT the second your guardian hits again, your curse will be replaced by just his, and melee-splash ensures he breaks multiple mobs free.

Does this on and off again cursing give you any issues with monsters breaking free of your Temp Chains long enough to cause problems?

Or is the wiki wrong?

I love this guide as much for the depth of detail you have put into the rationale behind all your decisions and would really like to know what you have to say about this.

The Curse page does not list this limit issue only Animate Guardian page does.

Thanks in advance

Hello :)

The wiki is actually pretty terrible at minion stats. AG curse info is told in about 1 sentence and there are even mistakes like :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Tempest_Shield

"Necromantic Aegis does not cause Tempest Shield to be applied to Minions. The block chance will be lost and Tempest Shield can no longer deal damage because you are not using a shield.[1]"

And still Tempest Shield works on char, gives block chance and triggers EE with arcs...

If I have whispers taken and AG hits enemies within my blasphemys radius, I don't see any moment when they are freed from Temp Chains. The second just appears on them and thats it.

"
110 pages now and read each word of it x)

But finally i'm done with the build, switched a little here, swapped a little there and well well, i love Mika =)
This is the ultimate build for me, sitting back, eating, and let the little golems do the work, just awesome; its so unbeliavably flexibel, u can put so much variety in this build, but the roots are perfect. He knows how grateful i am, so no need to write all again here ( did via PM )

Just wanna add a little thing, THE Solution for everyone, who is not sure which Set Up is better on

SotL 2b 3r 1g or 3b 2r 1g

I damn dunno how to insert pictures in here, but i just love this armor x)

It has 2 Blue / 2 Red / 1 Green / 1 White

Maybe i did some wrong thinking but ... i think this version of the armor is best u can have, am i wrong ?

Also i would like to show my complete char in here, but just no idea how to do it :S

Pls help me,

greetings
Diana

"
Dunno if u're trolling but what actually white socket changes for you ?

"
hmm brummi isnt trolling
but why brumm you have hidden your characters in your profil
setting all to private

Wow, you really are a long time fan! XD

You really have understood the greater meaning behind the build. I play in my comfy sofa-chair, while drinking tea and listening to chill-out music. It's made for the ultimately relaxed players like you and me! :P

I also like to mix some gems every now and then while also testing new items for the build. Your Skin of the Loyal with white socket is nice as it gives more flexibility. Best possibility would be if the green socket was be white and you could use both cont dest and fire pene on bosses.

You can share you characters by going to :

Home -> My account
My account -> Privacy settings
Privacy settings -> uncheck "Hide Characters tab"

"
I got Skin +2 from corruption with 2r/2b/2g. What do you think about support gems which i should use. I thought about use faster/slower projectiles in place of controlled destruction. I have already empower 4lvl and 21lvl flame golem.

Hey and gz on crazy good corrupt! :D

I would run :

Normal maps
Flame Golem -> Empower -> Gmp -> Slower proj -> Minion Damage -> Echo

Boss
Flame Golem -> Empower -> Culling Strike -> Enhance Support -> Minion Damage -> Echo

As Golems usually don't use projectile based attack on boss fights. Culling Strike and Enhance boost all Golems attacks and +2 from armor gives level 4 Enhance massive boost.

"
I was unimpressed with AG even with +1 boots and L4 empower so I'm just self casting EleWeakness and its working really well. It's a tad more work but much more consistent (getting AG to attack the right things is like herding cats) and you get significantly more total curse effect. I'm using the boots set up with empower, ele weakness, discipline, and enlighten in order to supercharge the ES boost from discipline.

Edit: Did a little thinking and realized Flammability might be better.

Hi!

Your setup seems quite interesting. I guess that parties really like your presence if you have also level 21 Discipline gem as that would result in level 26 discipline for everybody + effectiveness nodes for auras :P
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 21, 2017, 8:47:34 PM
"

Hi!

Your setup seems quite interesting. I guess that parties really like your presence if you have also level 21 Discipline gem as that would result in level 26 discipline for everybody + effectiveness nodes for auras :P

Thanks! And thanks for the baseline build. I really appreciate how flexible it is to customization to taste and preference.

I played around with the new build tonight and noticed a very significant difference in DPS with self cast ele-weak. I also run fire pen on my 6 which means my total resistance decrease is 136%!
"
Brummbär88 wrote:

Just wanna add a little thing, THE Solution for everyone, who is not sure which Set Up is better on

Maybe i did some wrong thinking but ... i think this version of the armor is best u can have, am i wrong ?

greetings
Diana

The flexibility is nice, but I don't think it can beat a +2 SotL with less optimised colours.

"
atolleso wrote:
I was unimpressed with AG even with +1 boots and L4 empower so I'm just self casting EleWeakness and its working really well. It's a tad more work but much more consistent (getting AG to attack the right things is like herding cats) and you get significantly more total curse effect. I'm using the boots set up with empower, ele weakness, discipline, and enlighten in order to supercharge the ES boost from discipline.

I use Elemental Weakness as well, though I chose to link it with Blasphemy and Enhance (along with TC). I chose EW because it scales -0.25% per 1% Quality, while Flammability scales Ignite Duration on Quality (and Ignite chance on levels).

In The Vertex linked with Lv 3 Enhance:
Flammability 21/44:
-45% Fire Res
+14% Chance to Ignite
+22% Ignite Duration
Elemental Weakness 21/44:
-54% All Res

Disclaimer: With this gem setup and Sovereignty allocated, I end up with 57 unreserved Mana. Arc-Culling Strike-Spell Totem uses 57 Mana xD I could switch back to Ball Lightning-GMP though.

Your Discipline linked with Empower in boots is a great idea! I currently have it in gloves (replacing Tempest Shield), and Blind in AG boots. *facepalm* I should have just placed Discipline there instead so it gets boosted by Empower. Then I could run Convocation or something (or just use Tempest Shield again).

Spoiler
How many Golem gems have you guys tried for Lv 21 Golems? Leveled 6 so far and all I got was one with 5% Quality, but still Lv 20.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Sep 22, 2017, 3:06:13 AM
I was curious on why Phase run had to be on the last link. Does desecrate or tempest shield position matter?
"
Askani127 wrote:
I was curious on why Phase run had to be on the last link. Does desecrate or tempest shield position matter?

Because the skills activate in a fixed order (starting from top-left, then following the socket links down to the bottom-right).

So if you link it Phase Run > Desecrate > Tempest Shield, it would activate it that order. This means you would Phase Run for 0.01s, then immediately cancel Phase Run by casting Desecrate and Tempest Shield. Socketing it last means nothing else would interrupt it, unless you did so yourself. Where the CwDT gem is doesn't matter--it's there just to enable the other gems to activate on damage taken.

Desecrate position would only matter if your Offering skills are linked in the same item. They're not, in this case (Bone Offering is linked to it's own Lv 20 CwDT), so it doesn't matter. Same for Tempest Shield.

Spoiler

Interestingly, the skills are all supposed to activate at the exact same time. This isn't technically possible.
Spoiler

because computers can only do 1 thing at a time (sans multiple processors and whatnot)

So GGG programmed it to activate in a specific order (fortunately, as it would be really annoying if they activated in a random order).
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Sep 22, 2017, 6:24:47 AM
https://imgur.com/a/Yz81t

1st shaper kill ever.

not the best way to kill it but still haha.
"

But finally i'm done with the build, switched a little here, swapped a little there and well well, i love Mika =)
This is the ultimate build for me, sitting back, eating, and let the little golems do the work, just awesome; its so unbeliavably flexibel, u can put so much variety in this build, but the roots are perfect. He knows how grateful i am, so no need to write all again here ( did via PM )
greetings diana"

i do the same most i drink a glas of vino and look a dvd similar to playing;-) ans sometimes a press casting the spelltotem or calling the minions with convo.
in the past i play necro too but the minions to get was often a prob... :-(
and if there was a dicon. ...
how ever i enjoy it now
at last do you think its realy necassary to change the body armor(wear infernal) into skin of the loyal?

like the old times in d2 the armymancer
great build mika thanks
Last edited by silhmaril on Sep 22, 2017, 3:49:09 PM
"
thsscapii wrote:
"
Brummbär88 wrote:

greetings
Diana

The flexibility is nice, but I don't think it can beat a +2 SotL with less optimised colours.

"
atolleso wrote:

I use Elemental Weakness as well, though I chose to link it with Blasphemy and Enhance (along with TC). I chose EW because it scales -0.25% per 1% Quality, while Flammability scales Ignite Duration on Quality (and Ignite chance on levels).

Flammability 21/44:
-45% Fire Res
+14% Chance to Ignite
+22% Ignite Duration
-54% All Res

Disclaimer: With this gem setup and Sovereignty allocated, I end up with 57 unreserved Mana. Arc-Culling Strike-Spell Totem uses 57 Mana xD I could switch back to Ball Lightning-GMP though.

Your Discipline linked with Empower in boots is a great idea! I currently have it in gloves (replacing Tempest Shield), and Blind in AG boots. *facepalm* I should have just placed Discipline there instead so it gets boosted by Empower. Then I could run Convocation or something (or just use Tempest Shield again).

Spoiler
How many Golem gems have you guys tried for Lv 21 Golems? Leveled 6 so far and all I got was one with 5% Quality, but still Lv 20.

great idea. Trying out the ele weakness in helm now. Lost artic armor tho but I re specced some nodes to get one additional jewel. I still like keeping scorhing ray and flesh offering for the dmg boost against bosses so ill lose some levels on discpline and keep it in gloves.

well, I'm happy ^^

got the HH from Cadiro for 12 ex, today i vaal'ed the +1 SotL after 4 tries, mastercrafted both rings ... nice league and an insane build btw. thx!

now i only need +1 rainbows and a helm enchant... and +1 curse on chayula
Last edited by belanna on Sep 22, 2017, 7:45:07 PM
"
Thanks! And thanks for the baseline build. I really appreciate how flexible it is to customization to taste and preference.

I played around with the new build tonight and noticed a very significant difference in DPS with self cast ele-weak. I also run fire pen on my 6 which means my total resistance decrease is 136%!

"

Flammability 21/44:
-45% Fire Res
+14% Chance to Ignite
+22% Ignite Duration
-54% All Res

´

"
great idea. Trying out the ele weakness in helm now. Lost artic armor tho but I re specced some nodes to get one additional jewel. I still like keeping scorhing ray and flesh offering for the dmg boost against bosses so ill lose some levels on discpline and keep it in gloves.

Np and thanks for support ^^

I always love to see how different new gem combinations build makers come up with :P Maybe ill add later special selection to guide and collect all different combos per item slot there to add more profiles like "DPS boost" or "Huge ES boost".

I also tested Ele Weakness as its second best curse to scale with quality. In vertex with enhance it gives huge DPS boost. Running with with temp chains and placing Discipline on +1 Rainbowstrides would be very strong option.

"

"
Because the skills activate in a fixed order (starting from top-left, then following the socket links down to the bottom-right).

So if you link it Phase Run > Desecrate > Tempest Shield, it would activate it that order. This means you would Phase Run for 0.01s, then immediately cancel Phase Run by casting Desecrate and Tempest Shield. Socketing it last means nothing else would interrupt it, unless you did so yourself. Where the CwDT gem is doesn't matter--it's there just to enable the other gems to activate on damage taken.

Desecrate position would only matter if your Offering skills are linked in the same item. They're not, in this case (Bone Offering is linked to it's own Lv 20 CwDT), so it doesn't matter. Same for Tempest Shield.

Hello!

Yep, very complete answer :)

"
https://imgur.com/a/Yz81t

1st shaper kill ever.

not the best way to kill it but still haha.

Gz on kill! ^^

Soon you will be running deathless Shaper straights like twitcher Wonderful247 is, bit more practice needed ;)

"
i do the same most i drink a glas of vino and look a dvd similar to playing;-) ans sometimes a press casting the spelltotem or calling the minions with convo.
in the past i play necro too but the minions to get was often a prob... :-(
and if there was a dicon. ...
how ever i enjoy it now
at last do you think its realy necassary to change the body armor(wear infernal) into skin of the loyal?

like the old times in d2 the armymancer
great build mika thanks

Hey!

I really hope GGG makes specters permanent at one point. There are so many new specters to test but I hate the disconnects...

You seem to have legacy Infernal Mantle and pretty good roll, so I'm not sure if its best to change. You get extra level from skin and can free some mana reduction nodes, but legacy Mantle can give almost 1k ES boost. If you find cheap skin with right colors, you can swap them and check which you like better ;)

"
well, I'm happy ^^

got the HH from Cadiro for 12 ex, today i vaal'ed the +1 SotL after 4 tries, mastercrafted both rings ... nice league and an insane build btw. thx!

now i only need +1 rainbows and a helm enchant... and +1 curse on chayula

Wow, some sweet gear you got there! :D

Gz in the crazy good corrupt and with the HH i think clearing maps wont take long at all :P

If you get the +1 chayula, you have truly perfected the build.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 22, 2017, 7:59:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info